main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion UPDATED: Game Of Thrones Creators WILL NOT write and produce a new Star Wars film series

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by B99, Feb 6, 2018.

1. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    The bad thing about trilogies is...we know when the story is supposed to end. Why not have 2 or 4 or more films in a series? I think that's one of the things that made me love The Clone Wars, the fact that we didn't know when a particular arc would end.

Lulu Mars likes this.
  2. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    This just means that both GOT writers and Rian can't write within the established universe and can't understand what the show/movie is actually for.

DARTH_BELO, CairnsTony and Taylore like this.
  3. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Well we now dont have to worry about Dan & Dave.

What to do about Rian . . .

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Updated the thread title to reflect the current situation.

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  5. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Hopefully this means we get Rian’s trilogy starting In 2022 now

6. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    I'm glad since The Mandalorian and the other Disney Plus shows coming out this year and next, we won't be lacking in Star Wars content until then. I'm sure that Kennedy & the other Lucasfilm higher-ups saw what Rian Johnson did with The Last Jedi, and knew he would deliver their vision of what the next iteration of Star Wars would be. All I want to know is the "when" and "where" this series will take place!

DARTH_BELO and Darth Buzz like this.
  7. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Yes! I hope B & W dropping out doesn't just mean there won't be any SW films in production for the next three years or so, and then it'd be like 2024-2025 till we see the next SW release in theaters.

This is the one thing I'm hanging on to for encouragement, the knowledge that we'll have The Mandalorian, probably Kenobi, and possibly even one other of the supposed 20 or so characters that have series "in development" between now and then. Not to mention TCW season 7 and Resistance and all that...

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  8. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003

Okay...so, I'm not in the habit of either quoting my own posts NOR resurrecting old threads. HOWEVER, I had to comment on my previous comments on this, cos it was just TOO funny!! [face_laugh][face_laugh]

Man, how LITTLE we all knew back in 2019!! Hoping for a SW film by 2024??? Man I had NO IDEA!! Resistance, Mandalorian, Kenobi...ALL still waiting for them to come out at that point-series like Ahsoka and Andor weren't even a THING back then! Heck we didn't even know about COVID during the time I made that post...I started a new job not long after I put that in...MAN-time has flown! [face_hypnotized]

And here we are in 2024, STILL waiting for the next SW film to come to theaters! If you told me then it wouldn't be till 2026, I would've laughed it off! [face_sigh]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2024
    TheYodaPagoda, Darkslayer and EHT like this.
  9. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    I don't think we could've imagined how powerful Season 7 of The Clone Wars was going to be. And I wasn't hopeful on The Bad Batch being a suitable successor, but that show has exceeded my expectations! Back in those days, we were just hoping The Rise of Skywalker was going to be alright. Oh, it wasn't...
    We hadn't even seen the first episode of The Mandalorian when this post had been written, and had no knowledge of his little green bounty. It was hard to imagine all of the characters who would jump from animation to live action...and I kept getting shot down after Solo's release by saying that Cad Bane should be in the story. After seeing Maul in Solo, it seemed like a natural progression, and he's the greatest bounty hunter!

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  10. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    Yeah.

I suppose in a way this is also encouraging to me as well, cos it shows that things we are not aware of now that will become a thing could be just a little bit away-and we'd have no idea. Back during my original post there, there were several productions that either we have now already seen, or will see in the near future that we were not even aware of back then-and nowadays to us those things seem old news!

Seeing all this, it really kind of makes me suppose we should simply take both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's advice: PATIENCE!