main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion UPDATED: Game of Thrones Creators NOT to Write/Produce a New Series of Star Wars Films

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Diego Lucas, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starkiller17

Starkiller17 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 6, 2010
    I believe they are doing a series of movies, which would be separate from RJ's trilogy. We don't know for sure if it will be a trilogy or what at this point.

@Darth_Voider beat me to it.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  2. Demsa Aztor

Demsa Aztor Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2016
    So, these movies may, in fact, be stand alones to compliment RJs trilogy?

3. Demsa Aztor

Demsa Aztor Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2016
    OK, gotcha.

Starkiller17 likes this.
  4. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    They are apart from the saga movies AND the RJ trilogy.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

5. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    It would be cool for at least one of those directors to work on these films (respectively, Sapochnik, Marshall, Shakman, and Taylor).

Satipo likes this.
  6. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    I'm excited. I just hope these aren't more prequel films.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    You mean films set before ANH? Why is that? I am really excited for two things in Star Wars and that is either going before ANH or after Episode 9.

8. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Interesting. I didn't think of it that way. It was announced as being "a series of movies", not a Movie Series. So, who knows? Maybe the Kenobi movie will actually be one of the movies they are making. That would be interesting. [face_thinking]

Jedi Merkurian and kalzeth like this.
  9. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    I just feel like that period of time is being overdone. The PT was one thing, but now it seems like all the anthology films will be set before ANH.

10. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    What if its The Old Republic, Classic era, or even rise of the First Order? I bet you change your mind if they turn out well even if its based in the prequel era too. I know I would, just as long as they are overall good and exciting.

11. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I’m seeing a lot of KotoR talk but would the guys who have spent the last several years making GoT really want to turn around and do a GoT-ish take on Star Wars? I’d think after all these years they wouldn’t want to follow up GoT with another sword and sandals story.

That would sorta be like Harrison Ford signing up to reboot the National Treasure movies.

mlsw and Darth-Seldon like this.
  12. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I'd love to see these guys helm a TV series on HBO set in the GFFA. This is exciting news (though I'm skeptical we'll see an R-rated SW movie but they have done it with Marvel, so who knows). I don't think we can assume it is set in the Knights of the Old Republic era or that it will necessarily be any more fantasy-oriented than any of the other films. All we know is that this series is in capable hands and that it will be interesting to see where they go with it.

kalzeth likes this.
  13. LordDallos

LordDallos Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2016
    I’m a big GoT fan so this is actually exciting for me to hear.

Give them a story set WAY BBY. Ancient Jedi going against the first Sith

14. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    This feels like a no-brainer to me. I'd want a totally different aesthetic to the KoToR games, and I don't care about any of that canon, but that era and conflict? Yes.

15. Skillzwalker

Skillzwalker Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2015
    seems like B&W signed on after being allowed to write about a specific time, place and mythology in the GFFA. Be interesting to find out where it is for sure and it is a good guess that they go way back in time. Its going to be an awesome series i am sure.

16. LordDallos

LordDallos Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2016
    I love the KOTOR canon but I don’t expect that they’ll adhere to that timeline strictly. In fact, I almost HOPE they don’t try to retell the Revan story. I like it so much that I’d probably be disappointed with the potential (almost definite) changes they’d make. Just make something new, way before where Revan and Malak and Meetra Surik were running around in the old canon.

Yeah. It just seems like their style. Potential for moral ambiguity, multiple protagonists, extended character development.

Scene 1: Jedi and apprentice discussing the jedi code and their role in the galaxy. Why they adhere to certain philosophical practices? What their relationship is with the force?

Scene 2: We cut to a group of of dark-cloaked men and women at a table, a red holocron glowing in the middle. “My friends, welcome to the First Dark Council of the Sith.”

I WANT IT NOW!

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  17. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    So, when will we learn more about this upcoming film series (especially the timeline placement)? Celebration 2019 maybe?

18. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    ;)
    I want Veers to be an Imperial holdout, waiting in the hidden base on Jakku. But that would be in IX, and not this new movie series.

19. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    How do you get from KOTOR to swords and sandals? :confused:
    Tales of the Jedi may have had some older looking elements to it, but KotOR is anything but that. One of the very few criticisms of KOTOR that actually exist is that it looks a bit too modern for the time it is supposed to play in.

I doubt that this series is going to be based in KOTOR, but if it was, there wouldn't really be many similarities to GoT.

Jedi Merkurian and kalzeth like this.
  20. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    Seems like the perfect writers for the Old Republic

kalzeth likes this.
  21. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    That said I don’t want to see an ancient looking/sword and sandals Star Wars movie.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  22. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Why do people think that an old SW movie would require characters to wear sandals? And we have swords anyway-they're called lightsabers.

Why not have a story about the birth of the Jedi order and how it split to become Sith vs Jedi?

And as far as KOTOR, who says there even needs to be a Republic at all at that time?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    Jedi Merkurian and KDC1972 like this.
  23. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    But again, what does that have to do with KOTOR?
    There isn't a single Star Wars story that is ancient looking and/or swords and sandals. Even Tales of the Jedi, which was as ancient looking as SW ever got, had all the modern elements in some form.

Just because these guys are currently making GoT, doesn't mean that every single story they will ever deal with will look like GoT.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  24. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    I hope not!

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    At the very earliest I’d say. They have not even started writing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.