main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion UPDATED: Game of Thrones Creators NOT to Write/Produce a New Series of Star Wars Films

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Diego Lucas, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    Am I the only one who kinda wants to see Lena Headey play a villain in this new trilogy/series of movies?

2. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    That’s my new euphemism. For what I’m not sure.

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  3. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    If the Benioff and Weiss series of films is set during the Sith Era, it would be cool to see it end with the destruction of the Sith Order; and the implementation of the Rule of Two. To see the reverse of ROTS; and set up Darth Maul's proclamation: "At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge." would be cool to see. :bluesaber: :redsaber: :cool:

4. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Disney want nothing to do with the Sith.

5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    That's nonsense.

6. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    I agree. I got mocked for saying that the RJ would probably get shelved. Glad I'm not the only one who had the same idea.

D'an and 2Cleva like this.
  7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    http://www.starwars.com/news/game-o...e-and-produce-a-new-series-of-star-wars-films

8. HankSolo

Dec 3, 2012
    Just because the BW trilogy will be different than the RJ one doesn't mean the RJ will be kept. We shall see.

2Cleva likes this.
  9. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Disney doesn’t care. I very highly doubt Iger cares about the Sith. I can't believe this conspiracy theory is still doing the rounds.

10. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Come on, you know Iger sits in bed at night just despising the Sith, lol

darklordoftech and Taylore like this.
  11. ImpreciseStormtrooper

ImpreciseStormtrooper Jedi Master star 3

Jan 8, 2016
    :cool:
    GL redacted this fella from ANH.

But JJ put him back in TFA in Maz's bar:

[​IMG]

[face_party]

12. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    And just because some people have the rather weird hope that Disney will get rid of Johnson, doesn't mean that there is even a tiny chance of that actually happening.

Disney has given no indication whatsoever that there is any interest in dropping Johnson, on the contrary, the trilogy got specifically mentioned in the announcement of the Benioff/Weiss series - which isn't something you do when you plan to drop that series - everyone involved was highly complimentary of Johnson's work, and they recently mentioned that some preliminary work has already started.

If you want to ignore reality you are free to do so, but don't be disappointed when it turns out there was never any chance of your wish being fulfilled.

Beyond that, the idea that the announcement of one additional set of movies would somehow spell doom for a different one is weird to say the least. There have been constantly 3-5 movies in some form of development since the return of the saga has been announced. With Solo soon to be released, there is only Episode IX left, meaning there is room for two if not three or four movies to be in some stage of development. With the Benioff&Weiss series not starting preliminary work until 2019 at the earliest due to GoT not ending until then, they could have another two unannounced projects currently going on and it still would not mean a thing about any of the other movies.

Again, I disagree. There is very little similarity between the clones and the Sith troopers. They are both fully armored, that is the only thing they have in common. The look itself, as well has the colours, are completely different.

The Sith capital ships had no similarity whatsoever with anything we have seen in the movies. They are of a weird curved shape with an upper and a lower arm, which looks nothing like the "normal" SD-shape. The fighters meanwhile, aren't really similar to TIEs, as long as you don't compare them to those that came in Rogue One, which was made much later than KOTOR.

The Republic starfighters looked somewhat like Jedi-fighters, though some looked like a mix between a B-Wing and the new bomber from TLJ. The capital ships, on the other hand, didn't look like anything that came before, and did indeed end up inspiring designs for the Rebels tv-show.

That assumption sounds baseless to me. I'd say they went with something that was in some form reminiscent of the movies without looking all too similar. It still had to be recognizeable as Star Wars, and there is only so much you can do with something like fighter designs to keep that line working.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    kalzeth likes this.
  13. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    One of the greatest injustices of modern entertainment is that Benioff and Weiss are given so much acclaim for piggybacking on the work of other, more talented people.

I give them credit for showrunning - and therefore supervising - various departments on GoT. The casting, costuming, cinematography and music have all been world-class. In particular, I would be delighted if Ramin Djawadi was tapped to compose for these new films.

But ultimately Benioff and Weiss are meant to be writers. That is their domain. And the worst facet of Game of Thrones has been its writing from Season 5 onwards. Not coincidentally, this was about the time they overtook the source novels and started writing their own, original material.

They are opportunist hacks who adapted the right books at the right time. Judging by their original additions to the text, their Star Wars will be full of "shock" deaths, gratuitous fan service, sexual violence against women and offensive portrayals of people of colour. Oh, and if you thought Rey was a Mary Sue, you ain't seen nothing yet.

14. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    The Chronicles of the Jedi

Set around 900 BBY and follows a young Yoda, after crawling out of a swamp a passing Jedi Knight notices this little frog creatures amazingly powerful connection to the Force and takes him to the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.

15. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    I think they were talking about SWTOR mmo ships and trooper armour. They are so obviously Knock offs of Star Wars film ships and troopers. Probably EA demanded this look. [face_sick]

Pre-EA Bioware Corp's KotOR on the other hand, as you say, does have it's own original looks and design to these things.

16. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    No offence to you (as I have read this multiple times) but this point of view is the most ignorant I have read regarding these guys... Just because they are involved in GOT that means everything they did in that show will cross over into SW?? Give me a break... They are completely different beasts! Good lord.

:rolleyes:

oncafar and redxavier like this.
  17. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I doubt it. But if it was true, it would be a huge mistake.

18. Taylore

Taylore Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 14, 2017
    I haven't read the George RR Martin books myself, but I think that the shocking deaths can be traced to Martin, and the 'gratuitous content' is kind of an HBO staple. The forthcoming Star Wars show may indeed be full of fanservice as most things Star Wars are already, I don't expect them to turn the Disney streaming platform into an HBO clone.

19. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Prediction! There isn't a Kenobi anthology movie because the Game of Thrones dudes are doing a Kenobi series of movies!

20. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Exactly, that's a hilariously ignorant take. Everything in previous work is sure to repeat itself in the future; that's always how it works. :rolleyes:

SW will feature sadistic rape scenes because GOT did? What planet is this guy from?

Not to mention. (1) the show has continued to be great from season 5 on, (2) A great book has a great chance of sucking onscreen if there isn't..ummmm... great screenwriting, which is exactly what you have that makes GOT great; like gee, there is a whole lot more to "writing" beyond the general outline that the book provides, (3) For someone who describes all of these allegedly horrible and offensive things about the show, he seems to know an awful lot about it, I mean it sounds like he's watched the horrible show he describes, so he must think of himself as a horrible person.

These guys are highly talented, and I am excited to see what they will do.

Also, I see that angry nerds make their way to every thread to hate on Rian, no matter how irrelevant to the topic he is. Thing is, he won't hurt your sacred cows outside of the saga, so it is time to ease up. Anger leads to suffering guys. I think Rian will make some great movies, and if SW nerds can get over TLJ, they may really enjoy some of his stuff.

Kole and Avnar like this.
  21. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Ah yes, that would make sense. SWTOR did indeed have quite a few designs that looked just like in the movies, especially the Republic troopers.

darklordoftech likes this.
  22. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    I started rewatching GOT with the first episode of the series last night, and I was reminded of how good these guys can be. They did a great job of making all the complex elements of the world easy to understand without being too heavy-handed about it, and the character introductions were all on point. I love how it all starts off relatively small-scale so that we get to know the characters in a more intimate setting and keeps things grounded in order to slowly ease us into the world while still being well-paced. I just really hope that they bring their approach for Star Wars is more like Seasons 1-4 of GOTand less like Seasons 5-7, and they don't rest on their laurels like they did with the latter IMO.

D'an likes this.
  23. HankSolo

Dec 3, 2012
    Not disappointed in the least. Like I said, we shall see.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  24. Edgar Allen Poe Dameron

Edgar Allen Poe Dameron Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    It's possible but I doubt there's enough material for a series of Kenobi movies which I assume would take place while he's in hiding on Tatooine. I would think one stand alone movie would be enough story. The idea that he's a "strange old hermit" lends itself to the fact that he didn't leave the planet all that much.

25. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Unless they make a bunch of movies about a young Kenobi starting from when he was a kid and then moving on to his first experiences with the Force, training to become a Jedi and then officially becoming a Jedi.

We’ve been cheated out of getting a bunch of movies about Luke when he was in his prime after ROTJ, but they could give us something similar by giving us young Kenobi stories.

Young Kenobi stories would also give the writers more flexibility. They wouldn’t have to tell stories about Kenobi in hiding on Tatooine.

B3 and kalzeth like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.