main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion UPDATED: Game of Thrones Creators NOT to Write/Produce a New Series of Star Wars Films

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Diego Lucas, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    Absolutely - love the Sith warship and Ancient Near Eastern inspired clothing in those comics - not sure if I'm a fan of wired lightsabres though. Force-imbued swords would be awesome.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    Jedi Merkurian and bluealien1 like this.
  2. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    It's not about the dynamics and politics of the era, it is about the technology and the looks. You can take inspiration from a lot of things, but there has to be some sort of consistency in what exists. Having some sort of visual clues that connect to earth's past can work, having the entirety of the world be like that while also having technology that goes beyond our wildest dreams does not. Again, the medieval period looked that way because of its circumstances, if those had been different (like, having much more advanced technology) the period would have looked completely different as well. Tales of the Jedi is a prime example of what I think doesn't work. It mixes old and new in such a weird way that the things just don't fit together.

Of course a series that plays in the past needs to have visual clues that help create the pretense that this period isn't nearly as advanced, but it can't go overboard with this, else it creates a weird hole in its own design and runs into the danger of not even resembling Star Wars in any way anymore.

3. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I agree to an extent. We have to remember, though, that its not supposed to be seen so close up. It was always just background dressing. I imagine that if we ever do see other Mandalorians on film, proper care an attention will be placed on the entirety of their amour.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    Revanfan1 and kalzeth like this.
  4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I think they could’ve added some segments or ornamentation to the helmet to make it a tad more consistent with the excellently ornate suit of armor. But as a background prop, it’s wonderful. Certainly not “really lazy” as another poster mentioned.

5. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    You mean like Kylo Ren's lightsaber?

Revanfan1 and GregMcP like this.
  6. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Well, yeah.

Kylo's sabre is all about giving it some character. Making it all Goth.

Play with that angle some more.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    DARTH_BELO and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  7. ImpreciseStormtrooper

ImpreciseStormtrooper Jedi Master star 3

Jan 8, 2016
    Can they hurry up please. I can't wait for these movies!

Lee_ and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  8. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I want these movies too and More And More as well. Please let it be The Old Repubilc [face_praying]^:)^

9. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I really freaking want to see a vibrosword in action in a Star Wars movie. I may be wrong, but was the weapon Beckett pulled out of his coat to fight Enfys Nest (on the train after he'd lost his blaster) a vibroblade? He didn't actually use it to fight her, as the battle ended before he could, IIRC, but that's what it looked like he was pulling out to me. I wish they'd actually showed him use it! Because let's be honest, a sword whose blade vibrates super rapidly would just be the coolest thing to see in these movies.

10. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003

Actually, wasn't it said in some book that was released early on after the newCanon was introduced (the one focusing on Luke that takes place after ANH-can't remember the name) that a lightsaber of that style was reminiscent of the older lightsaber designs of the Old Republic? And the thought there was that Kylo Ren designed his lightsaber similar to the old style.

I didn't read that book so I don't know exactly how it plays out. But the reason I say that is cos that would make your "angle" legit for having lightsabers similar to Kylo Ren's. Maybe it wouldn't flicker like his, as that was due to a cracked crystal or something, but it would have the crossguard and be similar in design...

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  11. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I'm into it! :cool:

12. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    Please be sent in the Dark times year

13. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    [​IMG]

This was a lightsaber Ezra found on Malachor, itself a "canonized" reference to the Old Republic video games.

Revanfan1, Lee_, BigAl6ft6 and 3 others like this.
  14. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    How about this?

One set of films (from the GOT guys) takes us back about 1000 years before the Skywalker saga films. Another set of films takes us way ahead past it. Both trilogies contain major aspects that join the two sets of films. Something in the past was never settled or resolved and someone is encapsulated inside a tomb. The future films discover a new threat from that tomb. The planet in SW Land at Disney World is a major component of both and happens to be where the tomb is buried, deep below the surface. Boom-you have a sort of cinematic universe that ties into Disney's SW Land as well.

15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I actually believe this is the kind of thinking happening at LFL right now. Not exactly this, but similar approaches to connectivity.

black_saber and Trikuza23 like this.
  16. bluealien1

bluealien1 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 14, 2015
    i don't know about these guys,i've heard some stuff.they have shown up drunk at panels and few other things.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  17. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I love your idea. This would be a good selling point for all future Star Wars movies; regardless of the scope, and Character type focused on, in said movie. Disney should do something like this. =D=

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  18. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    But they are obviously not going to do it that way- it isn't going to be like some sort of replica of old earth; they aren't going to do something that ridiculous. It could have a medieval feel to it and still be congruent with technology.

Many of the aesthetic aspects don't depend at all on technology. Also, there is an interesting argument to be made that SW is more fantasy than sci-fi. I think it is a pretty good mix of both, but spiritual/metaphysical aspects such as users of the force lend themselves well to looks that are outside typical sci-fi. I would agree with you more if this were Star Trek, but there are fundamental differences. SW has mixed plenty of more primitive looking settings with high technology, as well as mixing a lot of old earth costumes and architecture.

Bor Mullet and Trikuza23 like this.
  19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Wow. They’re the showrunners of the most successful TV show in history, and some unsubstantiated rumor about them showing up drunk to a panel makes you question their value? No wonder we’re in so much trouble these days.

20. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    it seems we live in a time when everyone has to be perfect, sane, nice, sinless, sanatized...in public at least. I'd rather have real life instead: people who get drunk, do mistakes, are not always so clever and kinder than thou....real people. not the artificial mr nice that Disney wants to sell us.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    JoshieHewls likes this.
  21. Jo Lucas

Jo Lucas Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2015
    How many movies will there be?

22. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    That's still unknown.

23. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    It depends how many off color tweets they've made. Maybe zero movies?

24. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    @The Regular Mustache

What a world. I have a feeling Mark Hamill’s going to be the next target given his outspokenness about Orange Kylo.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
    Baron_Papanerd and rorow1 like this.
  25. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    It could be endless,and I am certain that if Benioff and Weissc do the old republic movies, you can reckon they won't be the only ones.

Mainstream and glamoures people are sure going in for a big life changing experience. They will feel like there are on fire as well as there seats. Like 1001 times each movies :eek:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.