main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Game of Thrones - HBO (Book Spoilers must be masked/HTR)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Sith_Lord_Linkoping, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    That's interesting, I had forgotten or overlooked that they switched as kids. Still, adulthood changes a person facially as much as somatically. So long as make-up and costume do their jobs, I for one anticipate the two will look enough alike to suit the story.

2. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I don't know why I am so hung up on this but it has been eating me up since I learned the pilot was been filmed: has anyone heard if they will be using contacts or CG fill ins for the extreme eye colors that the targs, and Tyrion etc will needing?

I think they would be better off with the CG route since you can tell for the most part when someone has color contacts in.

3. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    Would it absolutely destroy you if they ignored it altogether? It may be that CGI would be too expensive given what a minor detail this is, and I understand contacts like this are often prohibitively uncomfortable, even painful, for actors to wear overlong.

For myself, I never even thought about this while reading the books, and so it won't have much impact on me one way or the other. But I respect your fannish devotion to detail, and I hope that you're satisfied whatever the outcome.

4. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I think that I could be okay with it if they didn't use eye color with the non Targs.

However for Dany and Vis. I think that would be a shame to ignore them. The platinum/silver/gold hair and the violet/amyethest eyes are the trademarks that make up the Blood of the Dragon family.

I would just have to go out of my normal character and write a mean letter with many explict curse words to HBO if they ignored the Targ eyes. lol

5. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 19, 2001

6. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    New interview with Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, where he talks about having recently completed filming on the pilot. Apparently, Lena Headey was pregnant during shooting (and, uh, presumably still is), and far enough along that it needed to be concealed. A shame, but this is probably a good thing, considering that nude incest-scene she has in the tower with her brother. But will she be a blonde all over, though, for this project, like in the books? This is my burning question.

Also, he's apparently a D&D player, or was.

7. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Up.

Has there been any new info on this? We should be seeing something on HBO in the form of a teaser in next few months I would think....

8. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Jan 19, 2001
    Here you go! :)

9. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Thanks for the update. 2011 is such a drag though!!!!!!!

10. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    I think they mean the series will air in 2011. The pilot will likely air this fall.

11. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Sure hope you are right on that account. That would be nutty waiting on an hour long show for over a year to view.

12. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    And HBO has picked up the show!

Production on the series, which will be the pilot plus 9 more episodes, begins in June.

13. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    This, plus the announcement about Dustin Hoffman being cast in the new David Milch/Michael Mann series that HBO is developing, all in the same day (plus Boardwalk Empire)? HBO looks to be on the rise again.

Here's hoping that HBO won't pull a "Deadwood" or a "Rome," and decide that the series is too expensive to produce after they've hooked viewers with an initial season or two. Rome's cancellation was bad, but at least they had time to bring some closure to the series. What happened to Deadwood is one of the biggest travesties in television history.

At least now, George R.R. Martin won't be slitting his wrists in his bathtub.

14. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Jan 19, 2001
    Awesome. Awesome indeed. :thumbsup: :D

15. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Hooray! I can't wait to see the finished product.

16. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Cool news, but given HBO's track record I'd say there's a better chance of aliens landing in my backyard than seven books of Ice and Fire being translated to television.

17. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    Not to mention that GRRM probably wont finish the book series in time.

18. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    No way will he finish book 7 by the time it is time to adapt it....lol

Anyway I was looking in on this show and saw that Catelyn's and Dany's characters will be recast from the pilot to the episode 2. I don't really like Taz Merchant anyway.....but I really hate changing faces like that!!!

19. Darth_Silverado

Darth_Silverado Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 2008
    Did I miss something? I just finished A Feast for Crows and I am waiting on Mr. Martin to finish the 5th book (A Dance with Dragons?), let alone the 7th.

20. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I haven't heard much on this show since all the original casting news. When is it suppose to start?

21. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    I knew people who didn't know the ending to Lord of the Rings. And those books have been out how long?

22. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002

Spring 2011....

23. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    There was a teaser trailer on the premiere of Trueblood tonight. Not much to see but a couple pieces of dialect from Ned and it was really small to watch.

winter-is-coming.net

24. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    http://www.hbo.com/video/video.html/?autoplay=true&vid=1100909&filter=game-of-thrones&view=null

25. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I saw this before True Blood came on I nearly $### my pants....