main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Game Of Thrones (uh i guess it's done now? Edit: No!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Apr 17, 2011.

1. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I admit it, I giggled:
    [​IMG]

s65horsey, Kiki-Gonn, JackG and 5 others like this.
  2. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
  3. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Westeros, ala Google Maps:
    [​IMG]

4. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005

To be fair, that looks like the same kid but post-pubescent.

5. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    [​IMG]

Stannis being the Westeros version of Chuck Norris is something I can support, lol

6. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
  7. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I like the new Tommen. He looks like the same person to me, to be honest. And if a kid has an expanded role (no idea, haven't got that far in the books), I'd rather have a kid more capable of acting. A lot of the time when they cast kids for backgroundish roles they aren't that great as actors. Hell, Bobby Draper's been like 5 different people.

As to the ages, though... I assume though he's 15 he'll play about 13, which is what I expect Tommen's age to be now and also similar to what they do for Bran. I don't see the problem.

In other news, I'm about 10 chapters from the end of A Clash of Kings. This book's very strange. A lot of interesting character sidebars but I think it could have used a stronger solidified sense of a main plot. AGoT is so clear on what the conflict is at the beginning and there's the mystery to follow through and see what Ned will do about it. ACoK has largely just been people talking about battles happening elsewhere. Tyrion and Arya are the best part, though I have to say I love Arya's interactions with Tywin added to the show. Also, since I love Stannis it's too bad that he's not personally featured all that much. One thing I do like is having the Reeds in there much earlier and having more exploration of the dreams. That's definitely got my wheels spinning about things I wouldn't otherwise wonder so much from the show.

Oh, and House of the Undying was so awesome and WTF and now I want to try to dissect it and fail miserably most likely.

8. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006

Do it! Half the fun of all of this is people's predictions (as long as book readers don't try to lead on show watchers)

9. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    The HotU is the source (or confirmation) of nearly every speculation in the series. There is so much going on in that chapter, and it's a shame how the show mangled that scene.

10. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    GrandAdmiralJello was disappointed we didn't see Rhaegar with baby Aegon in the show. :p

yankee8255 likes this.
  11. Aegon Starcaster

Aegon Starcaster Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 27, 2013
    "Ser Pounce caught a mouse, but Lady Whiskers stole it from him." My all-time favorite Tommen quote.

12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    More specifically I'm upset that the prophecy about the song of ice and fire was cut -- it's the name of the series for goodness sakes!

But yes I really wanted to see Rhaegar too.

13. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
  14. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    At least he doesn't look like a basketball player this time around.

15. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Yeah, I'm a fan of this decision, and also the choice to re-cast Daario. Tommen, not so much.

16. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Hmm. I can understand recasting Tommen (so far he didn't do much in the show and the boy who played him probably wasn't good enough an actor for a larger role), but I don't really see the reason why they recast Daario and the Mountain.

17. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Scheduling conflicts, disputes over pay, the actors simply didn't want to continue, any number of reasons.

It makes me a bit concerned about the major characters. What happens if one of the younger actors realizes (s)he doesn't want to spend his/her entire teens/twenties on an 8- or 9-season show? What if there's a pay dispute? Surely their contracts don't cover the entire series-- that would be unusual, right?

18. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    If they start getting uppity about that I imagine they'll be invited to a meeting to sort it out, while the Rains of Castamere play continuously in the waiting room.

19. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  20. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I suppose it's bad that the humor of that collage was lost on me because I immediately felt like pointing out that Anakin lost all of his limbs and was roasted alive. Which probably resulted in the loss of his penis.

yankee8255 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I'm sure like other limbs there are cyborg replacements.

22. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

Available on Shirtpunch today only, though you could probably find it elsewhere afterwards. Pretty awesome.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    She kinda looks like David Bowie.

24. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Season 4 set photos

I don't think there is anything spoilery there. Having not read the books I don't know what a new set means as there is nothing going on in them.

WOCKY: Take a deep breath before clicking.

25. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Inviting people to "speculate wildly" on released material is just asking to be trolled.