main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Game Of Thrones (uh i guess it's done now? Edit: No!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Joffrey is a silly little boy compared to Ramsay Snow.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  2. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Joffrey is a stupid boy compared to Ramsay. Ramsay is psychotic but he understands what he's doing. Joffrey's just pretending.

Jedi Merkurian and TX-20 like this.
  3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Joyous.

4. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004

so good.

epic , OdRevus and Rebel_Padawan like this.
  5. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    This episode was a hell of a lot better than the premiere. Killing off the boy people think is the worst evar but not before showing the man who would sic his dogs on that whiny child (if he weren't already dead). :D

OdRevus likes this.
  6. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  7. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Weddings are becoming more dangerous than battles, it would seem.

8. AstroFan428

AstroFan428 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    Nothing good happens at weddings in either wrestling or Game of Thrones.

I didn't know what was going to happen, but the way they Joffrey kept acting during the entire wedding and the articles I had seen on IGN talking about Joffrey's worst deeds and such, I kinda expected something to happen.

9. OdRevus

OdRevus Jedi Knight star 1

May 16, 2008
    Anyone catch the spoiler in South Park several months back? Such an odd outlet.

Anyways. Glad Jaime's forcing his "hand" at becoming a south paw. Guffaw.
    Sad to see Tyrion's going to have an even worse season than I imagined though. Poor imp.

10. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Just saw this last episode of GOT - Excellent! Though the whole episode was great, obviously the pinnacle was the very elaborate wedding feast with all of the cliches that you have either heard or read about re: medieval weddings, i.e. the fire eaters, the fool, the little people dressing up in costumes & fighting, etc. And, obviously, awesome ending! Never having read the books, I did NOT see that coming! Brilliant.

11. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Its beginning to feel like there are only 2 songs anyone knows how to play in Westeros.

12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I was really, really hoping the episode ended with the rock version of "The Bear and the Maiden Fair," because that's totally how I felt when Joffrey kicked the bucket.

13. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Oh boy, that was great. Even Bran's story didn't seem pointless. Stannis' on the other hand...

But that last half, well, we got the focus I think it deserved. That makeup job on Jack in Joff's dying moment was pretty nasty. Almost made me feel bad for the kid. Then on the rewatch I noticed the angle the shot had on Cersei and... well, I'm not sure I'll ever notice Jack's makeup on any future rewatches again. Not entirely proud of that.

OdRevus and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  14. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Surprisingly underwhelmed. The sheer intensity and madness of the Purple Wedding in the book simply wasn't matched at all, it all just sort of happened. Probably watered down a bit by not being entirely from Tyrion's POV.

Oddly enough, it was speculated that the makers of the show would cop out on including the dwarf show - but it was there, just altered and watered down, Tyrion & Joffrey's interaction around it wasn't really there to the same extent. Similarly, Joffrey smashing Tyrion's gift to pieces wasn't emphasised as it should have been - I found that gesture to be far more vile than anything he did at the wedding.

Not bad, just not as great as expected. Bring on my own personal favourite scene from ASoS Pt2 - guessing it'll be Ep 9.

15. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Westeros = hell. Finally, a character steps in and sums the show up for us. So much more succinct than Baelish's ladder soliloquy.

16. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    When Joffrey first started choking, at first I thought he was kidding, but then it was obvious he wasn't - very grotesque death scene, and very convincing - it really looked like he had been poisoned, right down to the inflamed cheeks, discolored face & eyes, & the blood coming out of his nose - amazing. Truly horrific.

At this point, the big question is: Who did it? Obviously, based on the tense exchange between Tyrion & Joffrey right beforehand, the suspicion falls on Tyrion. However, I am sure he didn't do it - note I didn't read the books or read about this anywhere else (I am trying to avoid spoilers for this show), I just know he's not the culprit. Why? First of all, it's not his style; I can see him stabbing Joffrey in a fit of rage, but not poison. Secondly, he's not stupid - he knows he would be the first person they would suspect. Third, he had no way of knowing that Joffrey would ask him to be the cup-bearer ahead of time; i.e., he would have needed to have the poison with him & been prepared to do that - again, not his style. Fourth - he seemed as genuinely surpised as everyone that Joffrey died - IMHO his reactions were too genuine to have been staged....

So, it was probably someone at the table who had access to the wine & hated Joffrey - i.e., almost everyone at the table. I first thought of either Margary's Grandmother (who is worried what Joffrey will do to Margary) or Sansa (she gave the wineglass to Tyrion that he in turn gave to Joffrey). However, would Sansa have done this, knowing Tyrion (her husband) would be suspected?! The fool is another possibility, though I don't know if he had access to the wine...

I'm probably over-analyzing this, but here's another thought: I wonder if Joffrey was given a poison before the wedding that somehow had a delayed reaction? Unlikely, I know....

I was also amused at the reference to the "red wedding"; Margary's grandmother mentioned that men shouldn't know about that because it gives them another reason to fear marriage - very prophetic, based on what happened just minutes later :D

Jedi Merkurian and OdRevus like this.
  17. OdRevus

OdRevus Jedi Knight star 1

May 16, 2008
    As another who has not read the books, I suspect the fool. I thought his immediate reaction in telling Sansa they needed to leave was a pretty good indication. But I'm not certain.

I also suspect Sansa herself. She doesn't care about her life or her husband's. She just hates the Lannisters.

Ghost and SWpants like this.
  18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Just a reminder that those who have read the books should keep hush hush about things they may or may not know about who performed the poisoning.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

OdRevus likes this.
  19. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I loved this quote from the book...was going to post a screen grab of it on my fb, but decided to let the fallout on the show play out. Plus my one idiot friend who hasn't watched Season 4 yet. [face_plain]

20. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    A couple of head-scratchers:

1) What happened to the Zombie Apocalypse™ that was marching towards the Wall at the end of season 2?
    2) Wasn't Stannis marching off to the Wall to aid with #1?

21. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    As for #2, I guess Stannis decided to have a barbecue first. Can't go sailing on an empty stomach, you know.

TX-20, Volderon, Mar17swgirl and 3 others like this.
  22. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I'll field number 1.

The zombies decided to have a dance party. "Everyday I'm shuffling" etc. there was some gangnam style too. White Walkers have some killer moves.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

23. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
  24. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005

They'e really, really, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY slow.

Makes you wonder why Sam was running so hard in that one scene, doesn't it?

Mar17swgirl and OdRevus like this.
  25. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Still marshalling their troops, plus it is still to warm for them to march south, they would just start to rot and melt.

Also still marshalling troops. ;)

OdRevus and Jedi Merkurian like this.