main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Game Of Thrones (uh i guess it's done now? Edit: No!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Are we sure it was the wine and not all those live birds ****ing all over the inside of that pie? Bird **** pie seems more like something the peasants would eat.

2. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Anyone see this tweet from Maisie yet?

Gonna have to remove the image because of profanity. Click the link to the tweet if you want to see it.

3. MistrX

Jun 20, 2006
    Oops, sorry about that.

4. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    didn't realise it was sigur ros at the time. very good.

5. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    SO.

Ding dong the lil bastard is dead. It's awesome because he was bumped off at the very height of his arrogance. I was hoping however that he would be killed off by:

1. Stabbed through the throat by Arya.
    2. Eaten by a dragon

I do appreciate GRRM having the view that he does not wish to be predictable. Ned was the obvious hero and he was killed off. Rob was next in line so he was killed off. What I don't want is Arya going through magic ninja training only to kill off 3rd rate villains. I would be happy if she goes through a well acted/directed character study where she flirts with the brink of madness but manages to come back to the light without killing off a main character. But I would like to see a super ninja do the job.

Tyrion? Obviosuly he didn't do it.
    Sansa? Maybe. She did handle the cup.
    Margaery? Maybe.
    Margaery's mother who paid for everything? This is my NUMERO UNO suspect.
    The fool? This is my #2 suspect. He obviously knew something was about to happen as he went to get Sansa out.
    Um, everyone is focused on the cup, but he was the only one who ate the pie.

Does this make Margaery the ruler of the kingdom since she is queen? Doesn't this make her boss now or was there some other Lannister kid running around who is now ruler?

LMAO at going from Theon to Tyrion and another wiggling sausage.

Lol that someone yelled out "stormbringer" when he wanted to get a name for his sword.

Why didn't tyrion just tell Shae flat out, "They are going to kill you. You are dead within a day. Go."

I thoroughly enjoyed the bit of cinemetography of the winter forest bran and gang were walking through getting to that magic red tree.

Anyhoo , great episode.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  6. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    So good watching you illiterate types react to 14 year old news at this point. Imagine how much better you'd be if you read the books?

Answer: A lot.

7. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007

Very true, cept they're gonna rail us hard if the TV show overtakes. :p

laurethiel1138 likes this.
  8. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Sure, their inferior product would have won. See also: American cars, FOXNews, Christianity...

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Alright, let's keep it to the topic please.

10. OdRevus

OdRevus Jedi Knight star 1

May 16, 2008
    After a day at work pondering, Tywin is my new number one suspect.
    Consider his motives... He wants nothing but the survival and betterment of his family name. Joffrey was not only a Baratheon, but a grease stain on the name Lannister. Everyone knew the rumors of him being J and C's incest baby, and many (if not most) believed it. Furthermore, he was a little ****, and was far from gaining the favor of the people. His heir would have to be a Lannister no matter how you slice the pie, yeah? Tywin can frame whoever he wants.
    I had other points, but those are what I can remember. I need to get a job that isn't so mindless that I have only thoughts of GoT to entertain me.

11. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I don't go with Tywin as the killer for no better reason that his speech about family to Tyrion. I don't think Tywin would do it unless Joffrey tried to directly humiliate him like he was doing to Tyrion.

Jedi Merkurian and OdRevus like this.
  12. OdRevus

OdRevus Jedi Knight star 1

May 16, 2008
    I pretty much agree with you, because that very same conversation came to mind as I was thinking of all of this. But ultimately I just came to the conclusion that, for some reason; he stands out as the one to gain the most for the least cost. And nobody suspects him. It almost sells itself.

13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    But he did in the last season finale, before the small council. Tywin could easily value the family over Joffrey's individual life, that's what he does. Having said that, I think it's Margaery's grandmother who hired the fool. With blame pinned on Sansa but get her to escape so she isn't harmed, though Joffrey's impulsive cruelty makes it even better by making Tyrion the main suspect instead.

OdRevus and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  14. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    can't wait for the brown wedding.

can't wait for the yellow wedding.

15. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Joffrey's cup was handled by both Tyrion and Sansa on camera. The cup was also sitting near Olenna unattended while Joffrey was slicing the pie.

Dude, you forgot the pink wedding.

16. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    i think it's either tywin or the rose lady, whatever that old lady's name is. she wants her daughter (or granddaughter? can't keep it straight) to be queen without the little asshat running around ruining things.

17. Darthkat76

Darthkat76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    You guys are forgetting another suspect: Oberyn. He came in talking about how much he hates the Lannister's. My money is on Sansa though.

18. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    oh duh. it's obviously the foreigner.

19. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Edited this post for hinting a little too heavily.

20. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
  21. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I wasn't theorizing. Jesus. The show makes no attempt to hide anything, like always. "Whodunnit" wasn't even much of a mystery in the book. There are only a few viable suspects

Please don't hint one way or the other who the assassin is

22. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    As evidenced by this thread, it's not obvious. As evidenced by main stream media reviewers from show-only viewers, it's not obvious. It's only obvious in hindsight from those who know how things play out.

edit: Also, the edit was mostly aimed at timmo's second post which was clearly trying to post the theorizing in one direction.

23. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Pointing out something that occurred in an earlier episode is now forbidden here? Oy.

24. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    No, it's not. And like I said, not all theorizing is forbidden. It's just that, from time to time, certain posts are way too obvious or hinting way too heavily on the basis of hindsight a book reader only has. It's going to be a judgment call and I'll edit those out.

But otherwise, theorizing or posting stuff from past episodes that people may have forgotten is fine. It's just that this particular post was too much, I think.

I want to make it fair between book readers and show only viewers, but given that book readers have their own thread, I'm going to err towards being a little cautious on not ruining people's experiences. Posts might get edited from time to time, but it's not the end of the world.

halibut likes this.
  25. MistrX

Jun 20, 2006
    I did love the sheer number of unhappy reaction shots we got during the proceedings. Gives us a nice, giant pool of suspects.

Sent from beyond the Wall