main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Game Of Thrones (uh i guess it's done now? Edit: No!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Apr 17, 2011.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  2. wannasee

wannasee Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2007
    It's hard not to love to George.

3. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Indeed, I George every day. Sometimes twice or even three times a day.

4. Chat Wars

Chat Wars Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 28, 2014
    I love watching Game of Thrones, this serie is so good :)

_Catherine_ likes this.
  5. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Would you mind Georging me?

6. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    How do you prefer to be Georged? From the back or the front?

7. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Why not both?

8. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    A George divided against itself cannot stand!

GenAntilles and yankee8255 like this.
  9. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    I feel the hair thing is wrong it looks awful. Natalie looks better in the show but maybe it's because of that "little secret bed scene" (oh my) . Let's talk about Mance Rayder and the wildlings.If all the wildlings wanted to do was escape from the Walkers why didn't they seek out a peaceful option? Mance to me is like Khan from Star Trek.

10. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I really don't think there was a peaceful option.

11. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Well There was. Mance could just have asked for passage into the north and explained the situation. They could have agreed to fight the Walkers together. Problem solved for all parties

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  12. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Most wildlings aren't that level-headed. They're used to a culture of violence and taking what you want, not treaties and negotiations. Mance Rayder is more of an exception, and probably because he grew up with the Night's Watch.

But anyways, to switch subjects, the book reminded me that Daenerys can't have children anymore. Let's say she does conquer Westeros and defeat the White Walkers, and lives until she dies of old age. Who would be her heir?

13. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Mance could not have simply asked because

1. Part of the Night's Watch's duty was keeping the Wildlings out, and that had become more emphasized as people forgot about the Others.

2. Wildlings regularly climbed over and circumvented the Wall to launch raids against the settlements in the Gift. Not exactly a good faith gesture.

3. There had been previous Kings-Beyond-the-Wall, and their intentions weren't peaceful either.

4. Mance himself was a traitor of the NW. It's worse than desertion, which we know carries an automatic death penalty.

5. It would be incredibly difficult for the NW or the Seven Kingdoms to settle 100,000+ people. They could refuse simply because of that gargantuan task.

6. Most of all, the people of the Seven Kingdoms are bigoted against Wildlings. They often see them as subhuman (although they are the same ethnicity as Northerners) and at least find the concept of allowing them through the Wall repugnant. Mance is well aware of this prejudice.

14. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    She would just have to name someone as her heir officially. There's an example in the books about naming heirs, but I won't even mention it here.

15. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

Even, the show people don't care about this stuff. Fighting and bewbs, that's what they want. "The dragons has names?!1?"

16. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
  17. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Pfft whatever. She's a kid. I could so take her in a fight.

soitscometothis likes this.
  18. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    At this point, I think most Westerosi South of the Wall think defending against the Wildlings is the only reason the Night's Watch exists. Ned has a quote near the beginning, "The Others are as dead as the children of the forest, gone eight thousand years. Maester Luwin will tell you they never lived at all." I recall other references to them where people also dismiss them as myths.

19. wannasee

wannasee Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2007
    He could have asked, but it's not their way.

20. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Doubt it.

halibut and Ender Sai like this.
  21. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    @Darth Guy Yeah that does explain it. Just seemed a little un explained in the show.

22. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Go figure. :p

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  23. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Will the ending of the series be a disappointment? I have been thinking about this and how I would want it to end but I doubt the end will be successful. There's too many TV fans who have already changed how thing's have been presented in the series. Likewise with Book fans who want something completely different. So will it be a disappointment and How would you want it to end?

24. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Daenerys has the chance to take the throne, or sits upon it for a short time, but decides she doesn't really want it and becomes the new Commander of the Night's Watch to eradicate whatever White Walkers might be left in the far north. Bran is with her, being able to warg the Dragons when necessary, his skill in doing so was essential to the victory over the White Walkers at the Battle of Moat Caillin. Rickon is the wild Lord of Winterfell.

Jon Targaryen is King, and now there is only one military in Westeros, not seven/eight. Sansa helps him navigate through the politics. Arya is the Commander of the Kingsguard. Sam is Grand Maester. Jon is perhaps married to one of the Martell's.

If any Lannisters survive, it's only Tommen and Myrcella or some distant cousins.

The Iron Islands and lots of the Tyrell-controlled territory were destroyed when Daenerys invaded with her dragons and some Dothraki and Unsullied, probably Braavos too. The Tully's are back in control of the Riverlands. The Frey's and Bolton's are dead. Shireen is the Lady of Storm's End.

25. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    That's rather optimistic I must say