main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Game Of Thrones (uh i guess it's done now? Edit: No!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Apr 17, 2011.

1. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Bran and Hodor will be back in Season 6.

Seeing that picture also made me wonder if we might see Rickon and Osha at Hardhome when Jon and Thormund get there. Martin has said they would have a bigger role in the remaining books than originally planned because he was so impressed by the performance of the actress who plays OSHA (Tonks from Harry Potter)

As for the Greyjoys, we.can only assume that they have packed up their boats and sailed west in search of dog-free lands.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  2. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I find it highly ironic that Gendry is the one who looks the most out of place on that boat, yet it's the other guys who are Photoshopped in.

3. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I also lolled at this.

[​IMG]

4. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    It's terrible this has got no likes! Kit Harrington singing Wildlings was the highlight for me. That or Emilia Clarke singing Rastafarian Targaeryan.

Anyway, here's the full version.

"It's the first romantic ballad about incest in Cold Play's history." ;D

5. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    Viserys totally deserved what he got. :p

6. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    All the cast has got some awesome singing voices. Much as I dig Ramin Djawadi's score, this made me wish for more songs in the show than the three we've heard so far... Take advantage of the talent, D&D!

7. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    That image is completely missing the point.

Darth Guy and Point Given like this.
  8. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Yes, I understand the complaints. I still lolled.

9. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    The point of that image is to say "Why is one form of extreme violence and/or sex okay, but not another form?"

10. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Is it really that hard to understand? The complaints are about its context within the story and how it serves the plot....not the portrayal of the act itself.

And there were plenty of people who weren't ok with the Theon torture scenes.

11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Especially when the Theon torture scenes carried on for like 50 episodes last season.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

yankee8255 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  12. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    the torture was indeed ridiculous. in fact, ramsay as a character has become almost cartoon villianny.

13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yes. Just think of how many Shireen/Davos/Stannis scenes we could've had instead. Honestly, those are the best parts of the show now that everybody else is dead :p

I just hope that Stannis can rescue the North from the reign of bad grammar and improper usage. "Ramsay, that's a dangling participle."

"Reek, show him what I do with dangling participles"

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

14. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    But we did get

[​IMG]

VadersLaMent, epic and Diggy like this.
  15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    He is very much one note. I also don't dislike him as much as Joffrey. Joffrey was something special.

16. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Yes. And it's an invalid point, as the criticism it's referring to has nothing to do with violence but about unnecessary and absurd deviations from source material.

Also, plenty of show viewers griped about the Red Wedding.

17. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Sooooo...people are okay with all the other instances of rape in the books, then?

JoshieHewls likes this.
  18. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Diggy brilliant. ygritte eating chips while he sang, nice touch

19. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Rape in fiction is something that you need to be careful about in general because it's VERY hard to do well and VERY easy to mess-up. Not impossible, these types of stories CAN be done well, but it's hard. And I'm not inclined to give this show the benefit of the doubt, due to their past track-record. If it were something else that had proven that it can handle these sorts of issues with the proper nuance/respect, then I might be willing to at least wait and see where it goes. But this show hasn't done that imo. It overuses rape as a plot device imo, and it doesn't handle the fallout well at all. So I'm not incline to think that this time will be any different.

And my major issue here is context. I don't think that THIS particular sub-plot works in THIS particular context with THIS particular character. MAYBE it would in another situation with another character (although that's unclear), but here, no.

20. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    At least the Dorne stuff is terrible in a kind of entertaining way. This scene made me laugh, which I needed for what was to come. Otherwise I'd have needed to drink myself into a coma in order to forget that last scene.

21. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    The choreography is one thing, but the ridiculousness is heightened by the fact that no one is seriously injured or killed in the fight (as opposed to the book semi-equivalent, where a POV character who's not in the show dies). Which is not something that tends to happen in a fight-- in this universe-- where supposedly skilled combatants are attempting to kill each other and manage to land blows.

22. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    I don't think many people apart from Martin himself is "okay" with the acts of perversion and mutilation in the books. I believe most readers just kept reading out a thirst for snarling Stark vengeance. But I can't speak for everyone.

23. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I read hoping that the People of Westeros cast off their chains and overthrow their oppressors.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  24. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002

Cannot take seriously any self-proclaimed warrior that wears elf boots.

25. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Perhaps she's just seen things that made her toes curl?

BigAl6ft6 likes this.