main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Game Of Thrones (uh i guess it's done now? Edit: No!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Apr 17, 2011.

1. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    So... I guess Tommen will have no choice but to send in the Gold Cloaks and Kingsguard and purge the Sept? I mean the Faith has taken 2 queens, that's treason and an act of war against the King.

I mean the Targs ignored the laws of the Gods so clearly the monarch in this world has established they are above the Faith's laws.

2. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    More like the Faith Militant seize Tommen next.

3. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Thoughts on tonight's episode:
    - Well, I was hoping for Sansa to actually do or say something to indicate that all of the development and Baelish-tutoring hadn't gone to waste....but alas, she has reverted to "damsel in distress" mode. During her conversation with Ramsay, when she brings up the forthcoming child, I was honestly hoping that she would get hard edged and start playing him against his father. "Destroy the child before the child can destroy you." sort of thing....but nope.
    - Brienne has been at that inn, staring at Winterfell for what....weeks now?
    - The Sand Snakes still continue their parade of disappointment. But now with bewbies.
    - I'm typing this with hiccups. Don't know why I added this fact, but there it is, for your consideration.
    - And of all the poisons to coat your weapon with....a poison that begins to kill a man when he gets an erection? Not the wisest choice to carry into battle, because for all they know Bronn might have been a eunuch. I'm also not buying the "antidote". At least I hope it wasn't an antidote....because if it is, this entire ordeal was resolved far too simply and is of absolutely no consequence.
    - Stannis being given the old Sophie's Choice....sacrifice his daughter or let his army starve. This is truly the most interesting story going on at the moment...too bad they don't do anything with it.
    - Diana Rigg and Jonathan Pryce onscreen together for a bit of verbal sparring. That was fun, but could have been better.
    - The lead guy in the fighting pit looked an awful lot like Michael Berryman.
    [​IMG]
    I don't think it's him though...didn't see his name in the guest-star credits.
    - Angry Tommen is like Diet Joffrey. Just one calorie. Not enough.
    - The Soldier who became a Slave. The Slave that became a Gladiator. The Gladiator that defied a Khaleesi...I suppose Dreamworks is gathering their lawyers together to review the episode to see if they can make a plagiarism claim.
    - Happiness is a warm direwolf.
    - Why so much focus on Sam and Gilly? Did we really need to see Sam turning in his v-card?

So tell me....what changed? Did the entire editing staff up and quit and a new one brought in between seasons 4 and 5? Because honestly this entire season has been crazy disjointed....we get only brief snippets of goings-on, and a lot of major players have been reduced to practically cameo appearances.
    It's like the producers suddenly got a case of attention deficit disorder and decided that they needed to jump around the map as much as possible.
    I'm actually surprised they didn't find a way to shoehorn Braavos into the episode somewhere.

Here's hoping Season 6 is better.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    I would say the Kingsguard would do something about that... but the show seems to have neutered them to the point of non-existence.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  5. SithSense

Sep 29, 2002

Technically they are non-existent, since Ser Meryn was pretty much the only Kingsguard that ever actually did anything, and he's been shipped off to the Iron Bank with old whatsisname.

6. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Tommen had 5 of them when he went to the Sept the first time.

7. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I don't think 5 guards can withstand this Faith Militant movement.

Random thought... They are called Sparrows... Varys called his agents his birds... They appear after Varys leaves... Coincidence? If the high sparrow says the only true heir is a Targaryen...

8. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Varys' little birds are the children (and whores) roaming around King's Landing. I believe there was a scene in the first season explaining that.

The sparrows refer to themselves as such because the sparrow is the meekest and humblest of birds, and they think of themselves as the meekest and humblest of men.

9. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Still has all the Lannister soldiers and Gold Cloaks. So long as Tommen stays in the Red Keep the Faith Militant has no chance to arrest him.

10. James T Kirk

James T Kirk Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 22, 2015
    But wasn't it a Targaryen who cast the Sparrows out so to speak?

I really liked this episode, and this season so far. It's been slow as hell and I feel like they have too many abandoned plot lines, but I remember thinking that at the end of season 3 and 4 and then bam, last 3 episodes came and redeemed any major concerns I had had.

11. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I know, it could just be a coincidence... but maybe there's something else going on there. I wonder what the High Sparrow did before.

12. James T Kirk

James T Kirk Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 22, 2015
    Anyone else getting the feeling that Gilly is going to die leaving Sam with the imbred child, who will most likely end up sitting on the Iron throne?

13. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Yeah. I kept expecting Jorah to come out and say, "Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained?"

Dany was clearly not reading from the same script. I honestly thought she might at some point have said, in her most blasé yet exasperated tone, "Of all the fight pits, in all the cities, in all the world, he walks into mine..."

14. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Soooo...quibble about Gilly taking Sam's v-card (LOL @ that term) I dunno if GRRM wrote it like that in the books, but I don't think most women would be in the mood for sex right after an attempted rape.

s65horsey likes this.
  15. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I like the confrontation between the High Sparrow and the Queen Of Thorns.

Bronn can sing! Give him a guitar with that sword and perhaps he could be a bard. With or without bewbs, that was a far better scene than the fight scene in the last.

If Littlefinger had magic powers he'd be Loki. Gets around a bit don't he? He didn't provide Cersei's cousin, perhaps he just knew he was there and was being patient.

Ser Friendzone is a badassed dude ain't he?

Well. Cersei right where she doesn't want to be. I wonder at what point Tommen will just say **** it and march in for a slaughter.

16. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    *cough*Tysha!*cough*

17. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
  18. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Tyrion's first wife.

19. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Oh yeah. I forgot her name. Too many characters, and all that...

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I liked the sand snake lady scene because it seemed it was going to just be a blatant boob scene but it turned menacing really quickly and became more about power and control. Good twist at the ending too in the Cerci with the religious zealots. The Gladiator bit was blatant but awesome, also Tyrion having the random big fella set him free. But I really loved when Tyrion finally met Khaellsi, the one thing I enjoy about this season is seeing different characters who were on their own plotlines for whole seasons start to interact with each other, and just the long journey Tyrion has had from King's Landing to the slave pit made it pay off. Especially two major ones. Honestly, I think they could have tweaked the editing of the last two sequences and ended on "I am the gift". As cool as the Cerci ending was, that bit had some true power.

RIP that old lady. Your death was horrible but adds more fuel to the fire when we see your murderer die horribly. Freakin' Reek being all cowardly!

21. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    It's different in the books, but as noted GRRM himself doesn't exactly have the best record when it comes to portraying these things either.

22. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    On the other hand, given Gilly's background and upbringing, rape is probably normal to her.

23. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004

But seeing as ALL women marry their father, they don't consider it as rape but as a normal way of life. They only have qualms with their father/husband when the child is a boy.
    (I'm not saying that it's not rape, but that they were brought up to expect certain behaviors from the man).

24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah, Gilly actually seemed rather nonplussed by the whole incident, even telling Sam he should run away next time. I can buy her wanting to move onto romantic time with Sam shortly afterwards, someone like Sansa that wouldn't fly at all. Gilly has been through the grinder and seen and had to endure some really terrible stuff but she's actually a good person overall, which is what makes her likable.

Oh, funeral for the blind dude! Blind Targaryian old watcher dude! RIP! Poor fella! Especially his whole calling out to his brother and saying "I dreamed I was an old man" before release. Hopefully, that moment means he found peace. Did he just have severe case of old man character insta-death at the start of this ep or did he seem weak in previous eps? Well, weaker than usual.

25. SithSense

Sep 29, 2002
    I'm also wondering if we're going to see a more villainous turn for Alliser Thorne.