main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Game Of Thrones (uh i guess it's done now? Edit: No!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Can someone remind me why Tommen can't do anything about....anything?

Ghost and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    He got the wussy "Run away!" Lainster genes and not the crazy Lainster genes like Joffery did.

3. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    The same reason that the massive army that turned the tide at the Battle of the Blackwater Bay can't do anything to help the entire next generation of their leading family. The show has sort of forgotten that anyone has weapons outside of the Sparrows.

4. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    I know, next week, he should call up the army since the Kings guard doesn't seem to be numerous enough and force the release of his mother and wife, or at least his wife anyway;).
    But we know that won't happened because his mom trained him to be a pussycat, and from what happens next.

Who is the Kings hand again, right now ? Or is the position vacant ? I would think that person should be doing something too.

But I am happy too see Cerci pay for her evil stupidity, did she really think if the King's wife could not be protected, she would be protected. There was moment last week when the Kings guard half drew there swords and were singled to re-sheth them at the arrest of the queen, that emboldened the high sparrow; that was the test. Now nobody is safe.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  5. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Because the plot demands it.

6. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Because they're trying to push the idea that he's a good-natured, but inexperienced and weak-willed kid. But they're not pulling it off particularly well.

7. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    There's three eps left so Sansa is gonna get her %$&# together and not being a victim at some point. Also Arya was MIA this week so she's probably gonna bounce from the Faceless men, well, eventually.

8. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    You'd think by now plenty of powerful people in the city would have caused war to start by now. I mean everyone in Kings Landing is dirty. The Gold Cloaks all participated in infanticide, the Lannister soldiers have all of the Lannister atrocities. You'd think some officers would just start ordering an assault on the Sept just to save themselves as they have to know the Faith is coming for them next, they are going top down in arresting people after all. It's not like anyone would doubt Tommen would give the order at this point and it's not like he'd know it happened till it was over to stop it, and even if he tried to stop it... I mean he can't, what's he going to do? Ask the soldiers to stop in the middle of a battle?

9. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Um, no she wasn't Mia, she wasn't even in the episode. What are you smoking?

10. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Dani gets rid of slavery, abolishes the fighting pits. Allows them to re-open with only free men fighting. Goes to watch slaves fight in fighting pits.

And she's fit to rule the seven kindoms?

11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Heavy is the head that wears the crown.

Yes, Dany is fit to rule the Seven Kingdoms because she's learning to listen to her advisers and knows marrying into a high house of Mereen may unite the people. Plus with Tyrion Lannister as an adviser to Dany, would definitely help in ruling.

Ha hah! at Cersei.

12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I wouldn't get your hopes up- there's still two books worth of story for Sansa to suffer through. ;)

13. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    dunno if anyone has seen the 12 full min version of this but pretty darn genius, especially Jamie's love power ballad:

14. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Yeah, I posted that four days ago.

15. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    That youngest sand-snake girl was rather spectacular. Though I know we're all supposed to be hatin' on the gratuitous nudity. :(

DarthBane93, dp4m and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  16. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    I thought this was a better episode, but I'm not liking how easily the sparrow lot have just... taken over kings landing, basically. Seems a tad ridiculous. They had no power whatsoever like 3 episodes ago and suddenly their religious rules are seemingly more important than anything else. Let's see what the king actually now does.

17. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Nothing. He's a weakling. With few troops, apparently.

18. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Yeah because lord knows that there's be no troops around to protect the KING, or the seat of power that was only recently the target of a full-scale invasion attempt. Wow, I feel dumber just typing that, good job there writers.

GenAntilles likes this.
  19. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    To be fair, there are no standing armies in Westeros (being a medieval setting and all) and the Crown largely relies on the Lords Paramount to provide soldiers. The War of Five Kings devastated most of the kingdoms and maintaining large armies is extremely taxing for Westeros' pre-modern agrarian economy. Conscripting peasants means there's less able-bodied men to farm; foraging and pillaging armies means disrupting the normal agriculture; less agricultural yield means less food; less food means more difficulty in maintaining armies. Add in the complications of an impending years-long winter necessitating hoarding food and the post-war chaos especially in the Riverlands and North, and it's a nightmare.

The Kingsguard-- 7 guys-- are intended to serve as bodyguards for the king and royal family and commanders in times of war. The Goldcloaks, or city watch, are mostly the equivalent a police force and not equipped to wage war (extreme circumstances such as Stannis' invasion being the exception). The Sparrows are a populist movement with a lot of support from the "smallfolk" who are tired of war and the excesses of the nobility.The Lannisters are reeling from having lost Tywin and Joffrey (and Tyrion's administrative skill), and they are at odds with their primary ally. What Marge and especially Cersei are accused of are genuinely crimes against both the Crown and the Faith, so by trying to free them by force Tommen would risk further enmity from the pious population and perhaps even a full-on uprising.

EDIT: I won't defend the Sparrows basically having free reign over everything in KL, though. That's dumb. So's the over-the-top, clumsily allegorical homophobia.

20. OdRevus

OdRevus Jedi Knight star 1

May 16, 2008
    I'm going to sort of second DG here.

The Sparrows have the common folk on their side. People were turning against the crown way before Tommen was left virtually WITHOUT any form of guidance. I love Tommen. He seems like a genuinely good kid. But his forces won't stand a chance if they start a war against the city.

At least that's the way I see it.

I mean, we're dealing with a holy war. Not a lot will EVER make sense regarding those.

BigAl6ft6 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  21. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002

On the contrary: she was showing her bewbs to make Bronn pop a boner, thus activating the poison in his system.

And poison that works by the power of boners is a diehard misandrist's dream come true!

22. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    It wasn't just Bronn getting an erection that caused the poison to accelerate. It was due to his blood pressure spiking.

23. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I think they were expecting it to take effect sooner. They kept asking him "how is your arm?'

24. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    looking forward to tyrion getting back into the story now that he's made it to dany.

also looking forward to the battle in the snow, i assume that'll be the season finale, or close to it.

25. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Episode 9, then they can set up next season in episode 10. And then the first three episodes of next season can set up the rest of the season.