main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Game Of Thrones (uh i guess it's done now? Edit: No!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Timmo, he didn't have to sneak but as it is written he did. Balon is surprised that he's on Pyke at all. The king would certainly have been informed about the return of his exiled brother--or his brother who had left under any circumstances--if he had publicly returned.

2. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    [​IMG]

Apologize for the bad quick MSPaint edit, but I found this online and updated it by taking out Bran, Hodor, Balon and Yara Greyjoy.

3. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    [​IMG]

dp4m likes this.
  4. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    That episode was a craptacular tease. :(

PRENNTACULAR likes this.
  6. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Season 6 = The Teasin' Season

They seem to jump around from location to location much more than any of the prior seasons, instead of focusing on 2-3 areas and telling those stories.
    They could have eliminated Daenerys' storyline form the episode altogether and we wouldn't have missed much....save for the comical scene between Tyrion, Missandei, and Grey Worm. I chuckled. Tommen and the High Sparrow was....boring and gave no resolution to anything.
    And Sam and Gilly on a ship was downright pointless, and wasted a lot of screen time just to tell us where they are going.
    Granted, for all those time wasters and teases, I'm still enjoying S6 much more than S5.

On to
    - RIP Alliser Thorne. I'm genuinely kind of sad to see him go. The guy was a trooper and his last words were actually kind of inspirational. "I had a choice: betray you, or betray the Watch." Sure he was a grade-A douchebag, but you really couldn't argue with his reasoning.....and apparently neither could Jon, hence the brief hesitation before cutting the platform, and then his immediate resignation as Lord Commander.
    - Speaking of Jon....does the title 'Oathbreaker' really apply to him? Sure he took the vow for the Night's Watch, but as the oath goes "it shall not end until my death". Given that he's already died, surely the vow ends with that, yes?
    - I'm actually finding Melisandre to be a much deeper and more compelling character than I did previously. In the first few seasons I wrote her off as a crazy evil witch....but now that Stannis is gone and she's not actively trying to torch any and everything that has royal blood/follows the Seven/looks at her crosseyed, she's much more human.
    - Okay...the ending. I honestly think that it's a ruse. The "gift" of Osha and Rickon to Psycho McPsychopath makes no sense....the Umbers were huge supporters of the Starks....hell it was Greatjon himself who first declared Robb "King in the North". That was the whole reason Bran sent Osha and Rickon to them to begin with. Seems to me that they found out about Sansa being married off to Ramsay, and decided that it was time to bring House Stark back, especially if House Manderly decides to throw in. Proffer an alliance, offer the gifts, and crush the Boltons and Karstarks from within Winterfell, winning back Rickon and saving Sansa (whom they don't realize has already flown the coop).
    - Pretty sure that Tonks is a goner though.

7. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    please don't tell me that wasn't the real Shaggydog - I can't take any more dead direwolves. Or flayed Starks...

Darth_Furio likes this.
  8. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    It's the same as always. Except the moaning from book people is different

9. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    The "where are they now?" episode.

Sometimes I really do love the atheistic supernaturalism of Game of Thrones. There's magic, but no evidence that any gods are involved. There's resurrection, but no evidence of an afterlife. They have the same religions there that we have here: run by power-hungry priests who hide their own agendas as the will of silent, non-interventionist Gods whose existence is extremely unlikely. Maybe the best thing about Game of Thrones is its mission statement about religion: There is Nothing Worse.

Best scene: Melisandre utterly surprised by Snow's uncanny return from the dead, tries to retcon him back into her prophesy narrative, and Davos basically tells her to **** off.

10. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    Wasn't Rickon like 4 years old last time we saw him? This is either a fake out (with Osha for added credibility) or the kid had one hell of a growth spurt.

11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

The latter. It's the same kid.

Similar to Maisie Williams and Sophie Turner since Season 1.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  12. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    yeah, it was definitely the same kid. and i don't they would go as far as cutting off his wolf's head if it was a fake out or whatever. i look forward to a season of watching him get his skin peeled off.

13. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    The most obvious thing to do with him is hostage to negotiate the return of Sansa. That does leave room for a little bit of torture and rape.

14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

To be fair, the Umbers were -- other than the Reeds -- I think the most solid of the Stark bannermen, and the new head-Umber went really, really out of his way to not swear an oath (which was also a big, big deal to the North). So it's not out of the realm of possibility that the whole thing is a set-up, even with a dead Shaggydog, and a live Asha/Rickon delivered as "gifts." Similar to R2 and 3P0.

Of course, he was also not wrong about the Wildings' history with the Umber lands either, so that's definitely a point in favor of "not a trick"...

15. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    RIP:
    [​IMG]

The Song of Ice and Fire:
    Ice: Three Direwolves left (in the world?)
    Fire: Three Dragons left

Wolves meet Dragons, decide to kill everyone and rule the world

Jedi Merkurian and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  16. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    D&D outdid themselves this week. Not only did we get the weekly penis joke, but they added a fart joke.

Bravo, sirs.

17. Darth Morella

Apr 5, 2004
    Whoa, he did grow up a lot, then. At this point I'm assuming Ramsay won't waste time killing him so the can continue to be the undisputed warden of the North.

18. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    ah, but he does need a new reek.

19. Darth Morella

Apr 5, 2004
  20. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    yeah, i hope i'm wrong but i just can't see them bringing rickon and osha back, only to kill them the next episode. also, this is fun, nobody being spoiled.

PRENNTACULAR and TiniTinyTony like this.
  21. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I think it's a bluff. The North remembers.

22. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    quite a convincing bluff to deliver an underage Stark heir into the hands of a psychopath.

23. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Oh yes, it's certainly audacious. But I'm holding out hope D&D are not stupid and kill Rikkon immediately, or Reek him.

I know, hope and D&D.

Rylo Ken likes this.
  24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

If it is a bluff, I trust it more than Littlefinger giving Sansa over without, y'know, actually thinking about it...

Jedi Merkurian and Rylo Ken like this.
  25. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    The head was too small to be a direwolf. Look at the size of Ghost when standing next to Jon's table:
    [​IMG]
    And Ghost was the RUNT of the litter!

Also, the size of Grey Wind's head attached to Robb's body after the Red Wedding:
    [​IMG]

The head we saw last night was much smaller.....a large wolf to be sure, but not likely a direwolf.

Either that, or that was an absurdly large meat hook they used to carry it.