main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Game Of Thrones (uh i guess it's done now? Edit: No!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Apr 17, 2011.

1. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    She has met Beric and Thoros (not in the books, but whatevs).

2. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    wasn't Dany 're-born' out of the fire ?

btw - when did we see the red priests bring someone back ?

3. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
  4. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    She didn't die, as far as I know. Certainly not the second time.

If I ever have an opening for a personal assistant, the job is yours.

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  5. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    but the red priests can't choose who to bring back , they bring Beric back because Beric has been given that power by the Gods right ? I remember them saying something about this .

6. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    The greatest thing about Game of Thrones is its truly hostile presentation of religion. The red priests have no idea what's going on. It's clear they're completely ignorant. They have some access to magic, but they don't know where it comes from or why.

One of the best exchanges of the entire series:

Jon Snow: "what sort of God would pull the kind of **** we've seen on this show?"
    Witch: "the one we've got."

Amen

7. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Yes, per the red priests, the gods choose who to bring back. They chose Jon Snow-Stark-Targaryean.

8. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    Nah , I think it's cos he's Targaryen .

9. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    And I believe he has white blonde hair, but dyes it.

I also have nothing whatsoever to back this up.

dp4m likes this.
  10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I believe I'm KingaDaNorf...

Master_Rebado, Rylo Ken and Diggy like this.
  11. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    It would still have made more sense for him to be on one of the Dorne ships. Geography wise it seems silly for them to stop at Dorne and put him on their ship instead of continuing to sail as the ships all meet up.

Sent from my iHorse

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Tyrion: "I am the Hand of the Queen and I require my Westeros-to-Mereen sea crossing drinking buddy! He gets to go in the crate this time..."

13. IamZam

IamZam Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 19, 2002
    I loved Cersei's outfit, clearly she shops at Dictators R'Us. Very Tywinsh. Jaime is finally starting to see just how ruthless and mad Cersei has become. I'm willing to be the "little brother" is either Jaime or Tryion.

Bran is very powerful, he is the TER and has the ability to see thru time, and warg into animals and He is also the only one who knows the truth about Jon's parentage. I'm not sure what the limits of his power is, but he would be a great asset and talk about being able to know things others don't, not just the truth about Jon Snow/Targaryen but other things about the magic/secrets of the wall and the White Walkers as well as things about other houses and so forth.

The pie crust was probably already made in the kitchen, and carving the body wouldn't have been as hard as it sounds, as she already most likely has experience carving animals for food. She also wouldn't need the whole body as the pie wasn't that large and I doubt she fed it to all the guests lest her hand be given away. She was also giving Jaime and Bronn quite the look. I loved how Walder's death clearly mimicked how Catelyn was killed. I know she didn't hear what was said, but I was hoping for something along the lines of "The Starks send their regards".

Also Jon's becoming the White Wolf, in many ways is a total mirror of Robb's becoming the Young Wolf. There were many throw backs mirroring earlier episodes. This is one of my favorite episodes so far.

Also, that library was drool worthy. Sam was in his version of heaven and hopefully realizing his life long dream.

14. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    finally, someone takes the time to really think this through!

[​IMG]

15. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    now that's something Melisandre could help him with .

16. The Krynoid Man

The Krynoid Man Jedi Master star 3

Dec 24, 2015
    I was quite shocked by the wildfire scene, did not see that coming at all. It also showed just how evil Cersi is.

17. The Krynoid Man

The Krynoid Man Jedi Master star 3

Dec 24, 2015

Perhaps her death will mirror the mad king's, Jaime killing her in order to save lives.

IamZam likes this.
  18. IamZam

IamZam Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 19, 2002
    @thekrynoidman I would love that. as he is technically a little brother and it would be satisfying and a mirror of the Mad King. She is certainly a mad queen in more than one way. She also used his wildfire and did almost the exact same thing that led Jaime to kill him.

It is actually a popular theory around the web. Though it could also be Tyrion given his last words to her, They will definitely meet again as it Dany is almost certainly the younger and more beautiful queen of the prophecy, and she has Tyrion clearly on her side. She is also the daughter of the Mad King which is also almost ironic in some ways.

I just wish we didn't have to wait so long to see how it plays out. In the words of Veruca Salt "I want it now".

19. moreorless12

moreorless12 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2016
    [​IMG]

As tragic as it was I must admit Tommen's suicde reminded me of Denholm in the IT crowd...

20. moreorless12

moreorless12 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2016
    The supprize I would say wasn't really that she used it but that she used it pre-emptively and so ruthlessly killing her own family members(even if she wasn't on the best of terms with them) and so many bystanders. I like I'm guessing most people thought it might come at the end of the episode and might actually entail a threat of wildfire rather than actually using it with the High Sparrow still in power.

I think the Loras story and Margery's plotting worked well as a distraction, something you could argue the show has been missing a bit in the last couple of seasons where you could argue events have gotten a bit more predictable.

The way definitely does seem to be open to Cersei's being far more evil than previously with as the High Sparrow said her children acting as something of a balance that's now gone. Prior to that there was a bit of a sense does Westeros actually need Dany and is deposing Tommen actually very moral? I wonder whether theres the potential for some kind of uprising now even without I'd presume most/all of the sparrows? previously it was that and not really the sparrows themselves that held back Tommen from action against them.

As far as Margery goes I was actually expecting her to meet a nastier end than that, Cersei's gloating over a head on a spike or similar, before she was held back I was half expecting her to make it out but get caught in the blast and meet a more prolonged end.

BigAl6ft6 and IamZam like this.
  21. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  22. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002

And a girl talks about revenge.

IamZam and Master_Rebado like this.
  23. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002

He can manipulate the past, and may have been the reason the Mad King kept screaming "Burn Them All", just as he was the reason Hodor kept screaming "Hold the Door".

Theoretically if Jaime Lannister hadn't cut him down, eventually the Mad King would have been screaming "BERNTHAL, BERNTHAL!"

And that would have set up a whole new slough of problems. :(

24. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    How much did Cersei's church bombing reduce the show's salary load for the final season?

25. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    I honestly wish they would just make it one season.
    No sense in waiting a whole year for just seven episodes then another year just for a six-episode finale.

Just make one single 13-episode season.