main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Game Of Thrones (uh i guess it's done now? Edit: No!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Apr 17, 2011.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

And last night's episode was no different! :D

Assuming we don't care about anyone last night, the next one's going to be Tormund, at Castle-on-the-Sea or whatever.

Rylo Ken likes this.
  2. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    How ballsy would it have been if the writers had the wolves kill Arya last night?

Jedi Daniel and Master_Rebado like this.
  3. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    I have a suspicion that Grey Worm is going to die during the assault on Casterly Rock.
    Which makes his scene with Missandei all the more heartbreaking for fans.

4. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    It's what Martin would have done. It seems pretty clear though that the showrunners are no longer trying to channel Martin. To paraphrase Monty Python more or less, Weiss and Benioff are stampeding toward a climax, and they have enough sense not to do the most Martinesque kinds of things to get there.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Not likely, Martin would have done another cliffhanger where we think that happens, and then maybe in a decade we would find out that's not the case and Arya had survived. Martin isn't half as ruthless as people think.

6. SithSense

Sep 29, 2002
    If the theory holds true that the GoT television show is all being composed by Sam Tarly after the events (hence the compass shown in the opening credits matching the giant compass in the Citadel), then Arya will survive and tell him her story.

It also means that Tyrion will survive to tell of how Jorah got infected with greyscale....but Jorah himself is a goner because we don't know how exactly he wound up at the citadel.

Varys will die because we have no clue as to what he was doing after he and Tyrion were separated in S5.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  7. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Episode 3, Sam finds a 2000 page book on "local anesthetics"

BigAl6ft6 and Evening Star like this.
  8. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Three ravens were sent to Jon. 1) Sam, 2) Dany and 3) Castle Black. Did the Castle Black raven get lost?

9. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005

Castle Black ravens don't travel as fast as everyone else's. Or Littlefinger.

10. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Except that in the books, Arya wargs into Nymeria while sleeping on numerous occasions. There's an incredibly strong bond between each of the Stark children and their respective direwolves. The last thing Martin would do is have one turn on its "linked" Stark. Martin's twists are well thought out and usually heavily foreshadowed, unlike the random shock for shock's sake that the show repeatedly sinks to.

11. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Taxi for Theon Greyjoy!

[​IMG]

12. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Just want to say how much I enjoyed the cuts from Grey Worm going downtown to the Archmaester putting a book back on the shelf and then Jorah's pus-filled chest being excised to the pie being cut open in the inn. Well done, Mr Editor!

Evening Star and jp-30 like this.
  13. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    You mean this one?
    [​IMG]

14. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Aye that's the one.

15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    As opposed to the other one, presumably...

16. SithSense

Sep 29, 2002
    [​IMG]

17. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Well Sansa wanted Jon to trust her, and he just put her in charge so there ya go.

I figured something would turn Arya way from Cersei. The wolf scene...and the showrunners confirmed that was her dire wolf...even if Arya goes back to her family she will not be one of them.

Ayra kills Littlelfinger?

I liked Dany vs Varys.

The entire scene with Dany meeting Melisandre, starting with that overhead shot, was a sweet high fantasy moment in appearance. Loved it.

So Jon Snow will go meet Dany..."Uh no, my Queen I will wait over there out of sight when you meet Jon Snow." Melisandre.

Dany's tyrant side is showing. Jon Snow bend a knee?

Theon will rescue his sister. Betcha.

I guess the showrunners liked the dragon killing bow from The Hobbit flicks too.

BigAl6ft6 and Master_Rebado like this.
  18. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Next week has potential for 3 big moments:
    Jon & Dany meet for the first time
    Arya returns to Winterfeld
    Ser Davos reunites with Melisand

19. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  20. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I think it will be Jorah who tells Sam the story of Daenerys.

Why would Littlefinger be so stupid to tell Jon that he's creepily obsessed with Sansa? Though Littlefinger now thinks he only needs to kill off Jon, then Sansa will be leader in the North. He did not look happy about a Jon-Daenerys alliance.

I wonder if Bran and Arya will meet each other on the road back to Winterfell, at that crossroads not far outside the castle, where Ned said goodbye to Jon. Nymeria will definitely return at some point.

And I totally forgot Sansa was married to Tyrion when Jon said "you know him better than any of us," it seems like ages ago.

Dany was way too snappy out of nowhere with Varys. Her council though is an explosive powder-keg ready to blow. When will Tyrion find out Lady Olenna framed him? FINALLY going to attack Casterly Rock!! :D

I'm kind of glad the 2 most annoying Sand Snakes died.

But I worry that Yara Greyjoy will now become her uncle's sex slave, since I heard that happens in the books (though the timeline is changed for it, or it would have happened back in Season 4 or 5).I wish Euron would die but they seem to be building him up as the new Joffrey/Ramsay.

I'm hoping Theon finds a way to save his sister, though by then she'll be Euron's Reek and understand him.

Padme501st likes this.
  21. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Sansa is going to be manipulated by Little Finger completely in his control and as he plans. Until, at the last moment, she turns on him and she's pulled a fast one, having never actually been manipulated. He dies, the twist is revealed.

22. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Ya the hottest sand snake seems to have survived.

23. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I was really nervous about that because her and Bronn were the only thing good to come out of the S5 Dorne side quest. Now we get to possibly see a reunion of those 2 in KL which should prove entertaining I think!

24. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007

I don't recall that. Asha's role in the book is similar to that of the show (at least up until the aborted rescue of Theon from the Dreadfort which never happened in the book). She remains at Deepwood Motte until she hears of Balon's death, then she returns to the Iron Islands to stake her claim to the throne. When Euron wins the crown, she goes back to Deepwood Motte and joins up with Stannis' army that's marching on Winterfell. Her last scene in the fifth book is recognizing Theon as he escaped from Winterfell with Jeyne Poole.

Padme501st likes this.
  25. The Krynoid Man

The Krynoid Man Jedi Master star 3

Dec 24, 2015
    I've seen a lot of people giving Theon grief about running away, but it was probably the most sensible thing to do in the situation. He was outnumbered and would have been taken out quite easily by Euron and his men. At least this way he's still alive, and can figure out a way of rescuing Yara later.