main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Game Of Thrones (uh i guess it's done now? Edit: No!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Apr 17, 2011.

1. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    just to show I'm not always completely praiseworthy of the show, i wasnt a massive fan of that latest episode. the slow pace of the white walkers has been a bit of a joke for awhile now, but given time is very much now of the essence, coming up with a plan that involves travelling all the way back north and beyond the wall, to maybe capture a dead thing, to come all the way back to kings landing, to maybe, possibly convince Cersei to join them, is ridiculous. i don't care about the show jumping forward months but that plan would take 6 months. hardly something you do when you're in a rush. it would make more sense to just attack kings landing. yeah there may be casualties but better the odd casualty than letting the white walkers through, surely. and they could have come up with some plan to vacate the populace before the attack if they were that worried about civilian casualties, i dunno, have the dragons scare people off.

also, agree that jamie and bron's escape was incredibly unlikely. they should have just had jamie exit the battle early, simple. no one believed he'd died anyway and that episode of all episodes didn't need a 'cliffhanger' ending.

2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Yeah I think that's an odd plan too. I mean hell, they got as far as getting Tyrion to Jamie, why not kidnap Jamie and fly his butt up there then drop him back off an tell Cersei.

Jedi Merkurian and TX-20 like this.
  3. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    epic is turning Dany-level evil.

I knew I didn't trust that beard.

4. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    or just you know fly a couple dragons past the wall and set the army of the dead on fire? it's how they're killed for crying out loud. or how about just about anything but an elaborate and difficult plan that gives all of their enemies months to advance their plots and schemes?

5. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    D&D party.

[​IMG]

TX-20 and Reynar_Tedros like this.
  6. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Speaking of which, the Wall still works. That's literally the whole reason it exists. Has the show ever bothered to address why this couldn't stop the White Walkers on its own, as it has at every other moment in the entire history of Westeros that it has existed?

7. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i think the theory is that they could get around the wall at eastwatch, and that this would work because the castle there and the castles along the wall in general aren't heavily manned like they used to be.

8. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I always thought that was similar to using the sea. That is, the Wall is a magical and not a physical barrier. I doesn't depend on anything literally guarding the entire the whole length so much as it does constitute a barrier which, much like the few magical caves we've seen in the series, White Walkers cannot pass through. That should apply whether they are manned or not.

9. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I wish you had Trump's ear, mate.

10. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Dany's at war, she was never going to remain the noble and wholesome person who crucified 160 Meereen slavers a few seasons ago.

BigAl6ft6 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  11. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    She's no Robb. He only executed people for treason.

12. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Dany is not turning evil. She's following her original game plan. In Season 2, Dany's dragons flame broil Pyat Pree at the House of the Undying. In Season 3, Dany had Drogon burn Kraznys mo Nakloz in Astapor/Slaver's Bay when she took command of the unsullied. Later in the series she burns all the Dothraki Khals and takes their armies. And of course, last season she set her dragons off against the uprising of the slave masters to reclaim Meereen. Dany seems to use her dragons against armies and "high born" characters that refuse to bend the knee and pledge their allegiance to her. Now, if she was truly evil, she would have burned Jon Snow the moment he refused to bend his knee.

As for the stupid idea for the Fellowship of Foolishness, yes it's a dumb idea and the show does point out how stupid with Tormund's comment, "Isn't your job to talk him out of stupid ******* ideas like this?" Keep in mind, that Jon's sole focus is unifying the living against the army of the dead, which is why he releases the Hound and the Brotherhood. So, this isn't out of character of Jon Snow. Moreover, this might play into "the Lord of Light's master plan," as the Hound may have foreseen in the flames of episode 1 this season, which might be akin to "the will of the Force." I think it will be revealed in the next episode or two what the Hound saw in the flames and the meaning of "the mountain that looks like an arrowhead." White Walkers have been found south of the Wall, perhaps there's a path near Eastwatch.

I think Gendry is back because of the Lord of Light, in that, "there is power in King's blood," which Melisandre often said. So, most likely, Gendry's blood will still play a part, so it's probably no accident that he's accompanied by the Brotherhood Without Banners in their mission to bring back a White Walker.

Now, I don't think an actual White Walker would change Cersei's mind, she has too much of her father in her, and would seek an opportunity for her enemies to lower their guards. Speaking of which, Bron or Jamie have moved up the likely to be killed list as Bronn comments about he the only that kills Jamie might be some foreshadowing. Additionally, Cersei has put a target on Bronn.

At any rate, the next episode being the penultimate episode, should be another "barn burner" as that has been the tradition with this series.

Jedi Merkurian , Padme501st and TX-20 like this.
  14. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I am hoping Jon sends Cersei a Wight Hound. She will recognize him and maybe he can fight Undead Mountain.

That or Uncle Benjen will volunteer to cross the wall, die, and be used as an example for the good of the realm.

Darth Downunder likes this.
  15. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    My heart can't take any more of this danger against Bronn. Just leave King's Landing and join Tyrion!

16. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Dany: "You will bend the knee."
    Jon: "Nope. I've got bigger fish to fry."
    Dany: "Hm. Okay. Hold on a second."
    *flies to Highgarden, torches the Lannister army*

Dany: "Hey everyone! YOU WILL BEND THE KNEE!"
    Tarly: "Nope. I've already got a queen."
    Dany: "DRACARYS!"
    [​IMG]

*flies back to Dragonstone*
    [​IMG]
    Dany: "Hey, Jon Snow!"
    Jon: "Oh. You again. Hi."
    Dany: "Will you bend the knee now?"
    Jon: "Oh. That again?"
    Dany: "Yeah, I just totally burned these guys because they refused. I can burn you too."
    Jon: "Then why didn't you?"
    Dany: "Because I want you to bend the knee."
    Jon: "....is this some kind of weird fetish for you or something?"
    Dany: "........"
    Jon: "Nevermind. Look I've got to go capture a zombie. So unless you ca--"
    Dany: "DRACARYS!"
    Drogon: *confused growl*

[​IMG]

Dany: "I said DRACARYS!"
    Drogon: *snort*

[​IMG]

Jon: *starts petting Drogon* "Yeah, actually, I think he likes me."

[​IMG]

Dany: "FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU----"

17. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    Apparently HBO Spain have "by accident" aired Ep. 06 earlier today and it´s all over the internet now.

18. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003

Maybe because he has 4 fewer fingers.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  19. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    They've mentioned Davos' lack of fighting prowess before. It wasn't invented here for convenience. More likely he's been left behind to do something important while they're on this mission.
    It's so ridiculous that I doubt that's the real plan. At least from the pov of Tyrion & Varys. I suspect it's part of a ruse they've concocted.
    Has the show suggested that it won't work? What we've seen are people like Jon not just sitting back & assuming that it will hold back the Dead based on thousand year old legends. It's probably fortunate that they haven't assumed that, since Bran's contact with the Night King & then traveling south of the Wall may have affected its power.
    From Dany's pov anyone who opposes House Targaryen & their rightful claim to the throne is in open rebellion & guilty of treason. She has a point. Old man Tarly should've known this more than anyone since he fought for her father & famously defeated Robert Baratheon in his name.
    I think you're onto something here. If they do bring back an Undead it'll probably be someone from within their party who has turned. That's more interesting & dramatic than some random Wight.

20. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015

confirmed. HBO spain ****ed up, they aired episode 6 and now spoilers are everywhere. there are huge spoilers going around in gif form, so be extra vigilant.

21. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Apparently they shut the episode off about 15 mins before the end. I just read a news article about it which spoiled a major scene [face_plain]

22. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    This is ridiculous. That's it, I'm not using any websites and apps that are likely to have spoilers for the next 5 days.

23. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015

i follow all the spoilers/leaks for my fav shows and movies. Even though they cut the last 15 mins, it actually confirms a huge spoiler dump that occurred about a week ago for both episode 6 and 7. It actually looks like full scripts for the last two episodes were leaked and they were 100% accurate. HBO spain ****ing up just confirmed the leaks.

24. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    The internet is dark and full of spoilers.

25. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Yeah, I'm going to avoid watching the episode early this time. I'll wait until Sunday night like a normal person.