main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Game Of Thrones (uh i guess it's done now? Edit: No!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Apr 17, 2011.

1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Some people are saying that Dany's dream/vision is just that as the symbol in the background in her vision is that of the star of the seven and currently it's a different symbol (I believe it's the Lannister lion) now that Cersei has taken over.

2. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    Very true

I'm hearing the actual seventh episode has leaked (not just the script) when Episode 6 leaked.

3. Evening Star

Evening Star Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Oh that's right, I've seen that theory too. True, I doubt KL will be spared. Perhaps Cersei will destroy it before and if the WW reach the city.

Padme501st likes this.
  4. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I wonder if Frankenstein has given Cersei some sort of evil mutant baby

5. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Cersei has definitely displayed "Mad King" tendencies, like using wild fire. So, I wouldn't put it passed her to destroying King's Landing rather than surrendering it to Dany. I mean, I really don't see Cersei bending the knee to anyone not that she as ascended to the Iron Throne.

Jedi Merkurian and Padme501st like this.
  6. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002

7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    You guys make jokes, but watch that kid become "The Prince that was Promised."

j/k

8. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I'm not sure the Cersei and Mad King comparisons are accurate at this point in time. The Mad King was mad because he was paranoid and tried to use fire to burn away the fears he had. When he wanted to burn KL he was pushing for mass murder for people who weren't even his enemies. His cruelty was random and erratic. On the other hand, while Cersei is certainly ruthless now, she's not mad in her application of her violence. Instead she has killed her actual enemies who were meaning her or her house harm. There's still very much a reasoning there. Her destruction of the Great Sept isn't really that much different to the Red Wedding (both are massively shocking to the values of Westeros). If you play by Cersei's rules and bend the knee, she'll pretty much leave you to it.

Ghost and Darth Downunder like this.
  9. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  10. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Am I able to download this episode somewhere? If so, is it the full episode?

11. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala

12. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005

Yes and yes. There are some with dodgy audio though, apparently...

13. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    What I don't understand is how Spain airing most of an episode results in a full English version being leaked online.

14. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004

*laughs* Ah man, I think getting the GOT label would be awesome for them all, on the bicep or leg

15. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Is the wall magic? If so, how are Jon and his posse going to bring a white walker through?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  16. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    It could in theory. Not sure about Essos though.

17. redxavier

Jan 23, 2003
    I'm seeing this everywhere but the team never planned to bring a White Walker south. They're bring a wight, aka a dead person.

Darth Downunder likes this.
  18. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Yeah, they quite clearly said they wanted to bring back one of the dead, i.e. a Wight. The White Walkers aren't dead.

I
    Raising an army from the dead takes more time, but much less leg work, than raising one from the living.

19. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Also, I read a fairly detailed synopsis of the next episode, redxavier and cohorts, you are going to have your work cut out for you defending a few thing next week.

20. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    Really shouldn't have to defend anything, not everyone is combing things with a fine tooth comb to pick at every little mistakes or things we wished would have gone differently. I didn't care for some of the things in Episode 6 but I know plenty of people who loved it as is. And I know others who were bothered by things that didn't bother me. We are entitled to our opinions without feeling like we have to be defensive for liking it. I'm sure the story isn't going to go exactly like I want it in the end but I'm not the show creator.

Ava G., TX-20, VadersLaMent and 3 others like this.
  21. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    It's getting harder and harder for me to resist just downloading it to watch now. My YouTube homepage now has videos of the episode. Nowhere is safe. I haven't been using Facebook and Instagram. I haven't Googled anything to do with GoT. Now I have to avoid YouTube. I haven't been spoiled yet. Only a few days to go now.

Padme501st likes this.
  22. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    You can at least watch Sunday. I have to wait until it's on Amazon at 00:01 Tuesday morning, don't have time to watch until Tuesday or Wednesday evening, by which point every detail is splattered all over the internet.

23. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Since it was HBO themselves who aired it I had no qualms about watching it. Too much chance of being spoiled otherwise.

TX-20, Force Smuggler and Padme501st like this.
  24. redxavier

Jan 23, 2003
    This is the thing, and I feel like I'm constantly having to repeat it, the show isn't perfect. No-one who watches it thinks it is (despite how you seem to have grown fond of making me out to be some sort of diehard defender). Every episode of every season, we balance what we didn't like against what we did and come up with an overall opinion on the quality. The notion that a flaw in one aspect of the show casts a shadow on the rest depends on how serious you think that flaw is. But you have to consider that everyone is going to look at that flaw differently. Some give passes to things they don't think are important, some give passes because they simply don't care, and some give passes on things because they may be ignorant. One bad apple doesn't make the whole barrel rotten.

Sure, I could list lots of personal dislikes over the episodes going back all the way to Season 1, Episode 1 (did you know that I actually didn't much like the first season?) and many of my issues may not have bothered you at all or enough to consider them worthwhile. Sometimes, I consider the complaints I've heard in this thread to be superficial and I'll seek to redress them. When complaints can be rationalised, and quite easily, it greatly diminishes their impact on the quality. "Character x shows up at y way too soon given that it was 100 miles away" becomes less of a problem when you just think "well, the distance travelled must not have been 100 miles or we jumped forward in time a bit". Given that the show has always been vague on distances versus the preciseness of the books, it's really not that much of a leap. It's a book-fan problem. And can a book fan problem really be a show problem? Further, time being non-linear is hardly a difficult concept to grasp when the books did this (ie, there are many instances where the chapters do not take place chronologically).

Again, I come back to the "if I want it to be a problem then it is" mentality of some show-watchers, and the question about what you want everyone else to do about what may often be a personal issue (see the 'meltdown' over annulment). Unless of course you want to complain about larger systemic issues the show has, like the weak acting, tangental storylines, unnecessary characters and fake drama.

Ava G., TX-20, SithSense and 2 others like this.
  25. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    Is anyone else sad that Arya will probably never meet Crone Melisandre? The popular theory pre-season 7 was that Mel would visit the Brotherhood Without Banners on her way back to Dragonstone, and Arya would run across them on her path to King's Landing.

The possibilities were so awesome.

Padme501st likes this.