main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Game Of Thrones (uh i guess it's done now? Edit: No!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Oh I don't have a problem with it, especially when he rejected taking the black, which Dany seemed receptive to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    yeah I don't see what she did as so bad , she gave them options etc. I suppose it seems bad 'cos Dickon seems like a decent brave bloke , but y'know - his army lost and the winning army is able to demand loyalty .

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  3. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Those Tarly's are-
    *Looks directly at the camera*
    SamWELL done.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Why would bringing a dead person do anything to convince Cersei Lannister, who has literally already raised people from the dead?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  5. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Well that's not entirely true. Did Gregor truly die or was he transformed before it happened? And what does Cersei know of how it was done? I imagine seeing a half-rotten tied up dead person lashing out uncontrollably that isn't killed when dealt mortal wounds would have a very different effect on Cersei.

Besides, have any of our protagonists even see Gregor or are aware of what's happened to him? You can't ask for characters to form plans based on information they don't have but that you as the omniscient audience do. That's not how these things work.;)

6. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    yeah ( you mean the Mountain ?) .

I wonder if Frankenstein's skills will come in handy in some other way soon .

7. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Not sure they'd be unaware. Cersei openly refers to him as dead, and he trudges around town murdering every lowborn drunk that dares make fun of her. One kind of thinks people would notice.

8. redxavier

Jan 23, 2003
    Who are you talking about? Who would they have heard about it from? Does the local paper go to Essos and Winterfell too?

Darth Downunder likes this.
  9. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    There was literally a scene where some random peasant was laughing about Cersei and Gregor walks into the bar to murder him. I agree it was tremendously stupid and implausible, but there you go.

They infiltrated King's Landing for several days. Tyrion made enough contacts to arrange a meeting with Bronn who made a further meeting Jamie. Gendry has literally lived there for months, if not years. Varys has a world-renowned spy network that was giving him up to the minute updates on Dany's movements from halfway across the world even when there was no way for people to have reasonably found out about the news, let alone delivered it. Gossip about something like this would spread, and it's hard to imagine them being unaware of it.

10. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    either way there's all sorts of magic stuff that goes on

btw - has there been any talk of them doing a prequel (or sequel even ) ?

11. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    If I remember that scene with Gregor and the peasant, isn't he killed in a back alley whilst taking a ****? It's not like Gregor crushed his head in outside the Sept of Baelor.

Also, do the common folk know that's Ser Gregor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    There are only so many knights of the King's Guard that are over seven feet tall. I'm pretty sure the only one in recent memory died in a well-viewed and widely discussed public duel.

So are we saying he snuck across the rooftops like Batman to do this, then?

13. redxavier

Jan 23, 2003
    The fact is that Jon and Tyrion, who came up with a plan to show not tell, are unlikely to know about Gregor (who didn't die in the duel). You can continue to get things wrong and create assumptions to support how they might know about it, but it isn't going to make anyone think you're clever for spotting this as a supposed flaw in Jon's plan.

14. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  15. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Maester Pycelle's "Old Fingers" Method. :D

Much like Benjen Stark, The Mountain exists somewhere in the aether between life and death.

"It appears that Ser Gregor is too stupid to know when to die." - Cersei

16. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    How is that a "fact?"

I do require an assumption: That people actively hiding in King's Landing and trying to gather intelligence from there would hear gossip about the very remarkable subject of an undead person that has appeared in public on multiple occasions, before both nobles and lowborn people.

Your version also requires an assumption: That for some reason none of the people traveling and planning together on a weeks long journey across a whole continent would never talk or share information about something that's directly relevant to their long term plans.

No one's going to think your show is any more clever for you straining to come up with defenses for it. You're allowed to like stupid things, you know. It's okay, really.

17. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    If it's so stupid why are you in here wtf

There's already two threads for bashing the show, can we make a third one that's just about getting pumped to see Jon ride a dragon and stuff

EDIT: wait nvm that'd cause an argument about whether it's a legitimate thread or a bastard thread

Ghost likes this.
  18. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    I made a passing comment about Cersei likely being unimpressed. I then got accused of trying to make up plot holes, of lying about the show, and thinking myself "too clever." Are we allowed to say anything that isn't fawning adoration?

19. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Wait what I'm not a mod, do whatever you want

I'm just excited to see Jon ride a dragon and hope you are too

20. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Sure hope that's not a spoiler

21. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    I just want it to happen MAYBE IT WILL IN TEN MIN

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  22. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    "I'm Good at Killing People"

HaHa

23. Ghost_Jedi

Sep 27, 2003
    Was that a dead direwolf?

24. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    I'm glad I tuned in for the one hour trailer of the latest entry in the hack-and-slash genre, [Video] Game of Thrones. Dynasty Warriors was getting a little lonely making a whole plot about beating up endlessly regenerating enemy hordes.

25. Ghost_Jedi

Sep 27, 2003
    Is it wrong to root for incest? If so, I dont want to be right.

TX-20 likes this.
  26. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Yikes.

To quote Jerry Seinfeld, "That's not going to be good for business. That's not going to be good for anyone."

VadersLaMent and Barriss_Coffee like this.