main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Game Of Thrones (uh i guess it's done now? Edit: No!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Apr 17, 2011.

1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000

They watch the opening credits like the rest of us.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Mia Mesharad, SWpants, TX-20 and 5 others like this.
  2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002

I forget where I read it but specifically in GoT there are folks who's job it is to do exactly this with I assume large populations of ravens, taking them from place to place and training them to fly back and forth as needed.

3. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Finally, question answered.

4. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    All of life's mysteries bend the knee to the JCC.

Coruscant, Diggy and Rylo Ken like this.
  5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    There's that GoT spinoff premise we've been waiting for.

TX-20, VadersLaMent and tom like this.
  6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Seven seasons of Brann controlling ravens, the new generation of messenger raven training.

7. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I think Disney did that show a while back. That's So Raven. Maybe this one can be called That's So Three-Eyed Raven.

SWpants likes this.
  8. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    ...winter is here.

9. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Next question. Why didn't the Night King just spend the time waiting for the lake to freeze by lobbing spears at Jon?

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  10. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    They could probably dodge them, and they might have a limited supply. Plus I think he was waiting for the dragons. There's no point of Daenerys sticking around to rescue them if they're all dead. The Night King must know about them somehow.

11. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Your answer just gave me a few more questions.

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  12. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
  13. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Man, if Sansa only allowed Arya to kill Joffrey along the river, Ned might still be alive.

14. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Third and final question. If Gendry's so good at rowing and running, how long could he last on an elliptical machine?

yankee8255 likes this.
  15. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002

In a show that includes:
    - Dragons
    - Zombies
    - Humanoid ice monsters
    - Fairy elf children
    - An old dude who sat around in his cave for thousands of years and let a tree grow around and consume him like he was a piece of barbed wire
    - A woman who cannot be harmed by fire
    - Multiple resurrections of characters brutally killed off
    - Psychic time travel
    - The ability to transfer ones consciousness into other people and/or animals

And you're questioning how the ravens are used as homing pigeons, something that has been done here in the real world up until the 20th century, and continues to be done as a niche business by small groups of dedicated hobbyists?
    http://www.pigeongram.com/

16. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Even more pointedly, why did Ice Darth Maul hold up his entire army for three random guys? They have thousands of warriors. If they have simply kept marching, they would have enveloped Jon Snow in the middle of his forces while continuing to make progress towards the wall. This whole tactic made literally no sense.

17. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Tell me about it. I'm still waiting on Burning Man memes from a couple of episodes ago.

18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Punk on the ropes, with his pants down. Jabs words so perverse they'd make a catholic priest blush.

How I miss the first few seasons.

19. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Ravens in ASOIAF are not like ravens in the real world who don't have the homing instincts of pigeons. Legend has it that they are relics of the the Children of the Forest and at one point in the past they relayed messages verbally. That is, they are magic

It's okay to question these things, though it's obvious Punk wasn't being serious. Good stories have well-constructed, consistent explanations.

Darth Punk and Abadacus like this.
  20. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Lead the way then. What should we discuss? The Kardashians?
    Which 3 guys?
    Only if you assume that the WW's goal is simply to get to the Wall asap. I don't make that assumption. They seem in no great hurry. In this episode we saw a WW on his own with a group of wights. To me that implies that they're still going out & gathering more & more soldiers. That location at that mountain is likely a gathering point. That same arrow-head shaped mountain was shown back in the scene where the Night King was created by the Children. So it's likely a significant site.
    What you often do is make an assumption, take it as fact & then see problems when the show isn't consistent with that false assumption.

21. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Why did Ice Darth Maul bother to attack Jon Snow and whatever other idiots were with him in the first place? Did it particularly matter that he was alive at all? Why did they surround them and camp out for what was at least several hours waiting to fight? Why not just ignore them?

22. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    It's almost as if the NK may see Jon Snow as significant. The guy he witnessed first hand killing White Walkers & who leads the forces against him & who is secretly a Targaryan & who is possibly his ancient arch-nemesis reborn.

Padme501st and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  23. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    The whole thing was a trap so they could nab a dragon. That's why the NK and his horde waited for so long.

Ghost and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  24. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    I also like to mentally dub in the Holy Handgrenade dialogue from Monty Python and the Holy Grail when they pull out the spear and give it to the NK. Something about the officious, ceremonial way they do it.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  25. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    If the Wall comes down and I don't get Chris Jericho inspired memes then I'm kicking off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LloydChristmas and ma_petite like this.