main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Game Of Thrones (uh i guess it's done now? Edit: No!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    TX-20 likes this.
  2. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    First Star Wars sex scene confirmed ;)

3. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    That's... absolutely wizard! I'm very eager to know more about the project (synopsis, characters, worlds explored, etc.).
    One thing's for sure, KK won't have to worry about unwanted details leaking, seeing how tight a ship they're running on GoT.

I guess it also cancels their admittedly ill-conceived future show about the Confederate alternate reality. Which might not be a bad thing, really.

TX-20 and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I like the idea of D&D taking on a series of Star Wars film. With the Game of Thrones cache, I imagine they'll create something in that vain. I imagine something before the time of "the Rule of Two Siths" could be something D&D could explore and would be similar to the world of Game of Thrones in that there are various groups seeking to seize power. Of course, there's the ever popular Knights of the Old Republic mythos to bring to live action.

I think this is the right move for the Star Wars franchise. It needs to expand and do something fresh that kills off popular and beloved characters, while at the same time evolve the meeker and victimized characters into the heroes. I mean, as it was referenced in the TV show "This Is Us," the original trilogy boiled down to only a handful of core characters in a super inter-galactic civil war as noted in these quotes:
    Even the sequel trilogy features only a handful of characters, to which the war will be lost or won. A Game of Thrones type of Star Wars series would be a game changer for the franchise. You can have Sith riding a space dragon. :p

5. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003

Im thinking KOTOR, as Dan & Dave's strength is reinterpreting the work of others.

Could picture Maisie Williams as Bastila Shan.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  6. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Yeah, I was thinking an Old Reublic trilogy too. They’d be perfect for it.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I Was less leaning towards Star Wars Sex Scenes and more the intricate clockwork spectacle of Game of Thrones particularly in the later seasons which little badass grace notes in the chaos. Like basically Hardhome, Battle of the Bastards or Spoils of War loot train attack. With blasters and lightsabers.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I give them virtually no credit for that, and I give Miguel Sapochnik almost all of it.

yankee8255 likes this.
  9. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    That is true but, to be fair, someone had to write about the battle, I kinda doubt the script was "And there's a fight" they must have come up with a few of the nifty ideas in the action scenes. Now if they can get Miguel Sapochnik to direct one of them, then we're talking.

while everyone, myself included, immediately thought that Johnson's trilogy would be Knights of the Old Republic but, if you get the Game of Thrones guys who do medieval fantasy magic stuff, then I think the odds of them going Game of Thrones on an Old Republic where Jedi and Sith were numerous actually goes up.

10. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Exactly how would "medieval fantasy stuff" in GFFA be different from the GFFA we know.

11. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  12. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    They would have knights! And Princesses! Genetically determined destinies!

tom and Diggy like this.
  13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    You’re wonderful, never change!

tom likes this.
  14. vnu

vnu Jedi Master star 3

Sep 8, 2012
    Am now watching Season 2, 2 episodes left.

I think one big difference between the books and show I've noticed is the battles and armies. We don't really get to see them. It should be like Lord of the Rings, for example, where we see giant armies marching. All we see is tents. When they captured Jaime in Season 1, it kind of comes out of nowhere. This is one of the best sword fighters in Westeros and it's like he's randomly captured. Also wish we would've seen the Greyjoy's capture of Winterfell. Oh well. Here's hoping we see the Battle of Kings Landing. [​IMG](Looking forward to the House of the Undying too [​IMG] )

I wish we saw the direwolves more, too. Ghost, Summer, and Greywind should always be at the side of Jon, Bran, and Robb. They're almost non-existent. One of my favorite scenes so far is when Robb interrogates Jaime with Greywind. We do get some hints of Greywind's involvement in the battles, though, like in the books "they say he rides on the back of a giant direwolf.'

Enough of the complaining though. In contrast to the books, Theon's storyline is one of my favorites. I like how it's Tywin at Harrenhal. Joffrey is even more despicable then in the books. Really liking Yara, Brinne, Varys, Stannis, Littlefinger.

Honestly, I almost prefer the show over the books. The books are just too complicated, sometimes. We don't need the name of every single character. (I'd love to read an abridged version of the books) The CoK book focused too much on Tyrion and Arya, so I like how we get to see more of the other characters.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  15. vnu

vnu Jedi Master star 3

Sep 8, 2012
    We already got this with the ST.

AGOT is known for breaking fantasy tropes, and that's something the SW franchise desperately needs after the trope-filled, carbon-copy ST.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  16. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Maisie Williams was on Kimmel last night and she knows the ending. She also knows how many episodes there are going to be.
    [face_devil]

17. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Haven't they been saying 6 episodes for years?

18. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Hm. They might be clutching at straws but I like where their head’s at.

19. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    That's not bad actually. Bran was there so he would know, but then he doesn't appear to volunteer info at the drop of a hat.

20. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Only so many eps left and Littlefinger's ear-whispering schemes wouldn't play well in the forthcoming White Walker apocalypse so he dead.

21. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Hopefully they uh, burned his body.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  22. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    A lil fun with Jaqen

“A man knows nothing,” was all Wlaschiha would say about that. “That’s my standard answer to (avoid giving away spoilers).” You didn’t think he would actually spill any beans, would you?

I found it very interesting that at the end of Season 2 when my face changed, I got a lot of reactions from fans saying, ‘We want you to come back! We want you to teach Arya!’ Then when I came back in Season 5 and I was beating her with the stick, the same fans said to me, ‘How dare you? I hate you! I wish you’d never come back!

As for how he thinks the show will end, Wlaschiha has a tricksy answer. “My personal theory is that no one will sit on the iron throne.”

No one…isn’t that you?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  23. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
  24. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  25. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.