main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Game Of Thrones (uh i guess it's done now? Edit: No!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Apr 17, 2011.

1. BootlegVader

BootlegVader Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    While that might be a hint for the book readers, I don't know how much it means for the show seeing how they haven't really been ensuring the characters' eye colors match their descriptions in the books.

Moreover, as how it is so hard to really notice anyone's eye colors that clearly in the show.

2. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    i hope that when, and if he dies, it is a glorious death....well, glorious from my perspective....well deserving.

3. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    "I see a darkness within you. And in that darkness, eyes stare back at me. Brown eyes, blue eyes, green eyes — eyes you'll shut forever. We will meet again."

That does not really narrow thigs down but Lannisters are known for green eyes.

4. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    Melisandr being there is a strict divergence from the books IIRC, isn't it?

5. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Yes. I don't mind it so much. It's just that, like Ros zipping from Winterfell to King's Landing or Littlefinger zipping from King's Landing to the Stormlands to Harrenhall, it gives the impression that Westeros is small and easily traveled, even when it's a giant warzone. :p

6. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    She was more or less a regular in the show, appearing on the very first episode as one of Tyrion's "snacks" when arriving at Winterfell. Theon had a "scene" or two with her prior to her making her way south to KL, where she landed a job in one of Littlefinger's brothels. She was one of the two whores that were part of Tyrion's birthday "gift" to Joffrey. And considering how that went - plus Varys' proposal to her becoming another of his little birds - her final fate wasn't that surprising.

Sith-Lord-Gunray likes this.
  7. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Ros's death was welcomed, I'm sorry to say. She provided a small amount of useful exposition whoring, but mostly she was a pointless Mary Sue that the writers created, loved, and kept giving time to even though she was distracting from the real characters. Also, Littlefinger told her precisely what he would do if she crossed him, and even knowing him well, she was still stupid enough to do it. I should feel bad for her, but she's not a real, fully-developed character, so I can't honestly feel sad at the death of such an obvious Mary Sue.

I will say, however, that it provides a nice important moment in Joffrey's evil development. Before he's only pointed the crossbow; now he's pulled the trigger. He's gone from someone who orders others to do his dirty work to someone who actually might be dangerous himself. That's an important, and terrifying step.

Other things in this ep... poor, poor Sansa. And man was that Tyrion/Sansa/Shae situation just the epitome of awkward situations. I was waiting for that one. Kind of glad they didn't actually show the talk, but I'll be interested in the aftermath and reactions.

Loras... lol. Sansa has the worst gaydar of all time.

I liked the small amount of Cersei and Tyrion actually sort of being on the same side. They're at least in the same boat. And Tyrion has figured out that she's not the one who tried to have him killed. Small, small consolation, but something I guess.

Tywin and Olenna... I love how neither one of them is actually able to shake the other, but both are so glorious in their attempts nonetheless [face_love]

I've always liked Jon and Ygritte and I'm glad to see them getting a harrowing little romantic build like that.

Arya...Gendry... Mel showing up and taking him away... yeah, **** is getting real. I have no idea what kind of machinations are going on right now with the Lord of Light, but I have a bad feeling about this :p

Mar17swgirl likes this.
  8. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Ehhhh...really there's only been two, Ros and Shae. Three if you count the one that Joffrey made Ros beat up.
    I know, right?!?

9. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Like Ygritte knowing exactly what's in Jon's heart?

Overall though, I felt it was a good episode. Things are moving along now. I don't remember the SoS plot taking this long but I have a crap memory so I'm not a good source of judgement.

10. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Well, Storm of Swords is plot-heavy to the point that they decided to split it into two seasons. Which I am fine with, 'cause 10 episodes are not enough for the thing.

11. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    Littefinger and Varys seem to consistently have a scene debating how to one up each other before the Iron Throne in every season.

i really do not like the image of Littlefinger on the throne. or actually anywhere

12. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Yeah, Varys pretty-much called it when he said that Baelish would burn all of Westeros if he could be king of the ashes.

I love the show, but I do have a couple of quibbles:

•Is there a point to the Theon torture scenes?
    •They need to have a care that Olenna's "I'm old!" schtick doesnt...get old :p Too much more, and I'm gonna start calling her Slappy Squirrel.

13. Likewater

Likewater Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2009

Yes to Theon, but anything else is a massive massive spoiler.

14. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Eh, I don't think it's a spoiler to say that "Boy" is torturing Theon just for the fun of it.

15. Likewater

Likewater Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2009
    That is a highly deceptive way of putting it.

16. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Poor Ros. :( Joffrey is one messed up S.O.B.

Question- don't know if it's a spoiler or me just catching on to the obvious. I'll put it in tags anyway.

Is the boy who is torturing Theon a Bolton? I noticed the that the 'X' cross Theon is on is really similar to the Bolton sigil

timmoishere likes this.
  17. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Ros: "I used to be a whore like you, until I took an arrow in the knee. And the stomach. And the boob."

18. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Seriously. When I saw it happen I legitimately gasped in real life.

19. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Joffrey is one sick puppy. I think that's the first time I've been legitimately shocked at something in this show.

Yet again another great episode. I like that they're changing things from the books slightly. It keeps things fresh for fellow book readers. Thankfully they're not doing it in a Walking Dead way that completely ruins the tone and style of the source material.

It's interesting to see that they're seemingly going all the way with Theon's torture. I think I like it...

The Tywin and Olenna scene was brilliant. At least her expectations of one Lannister was met.

20. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Well, there is a "point" to the Theon torture, but I'm still pretty sure I don't want to watch as much as they're showing me.

I've been no fan of Ros from the very beginning, but I could have done without the gratuitous scene of her death. And I'm pretty sure the audience has already gotten the 'you're supposed to hate Joffrey' memo.

I loved the stuff at the Wall, and I think they continue to do that well. Brienne in the pink dress was the highlight for me. All in all, I though it was a much weaker episode than the last two, which I thought were stellar.

21. BootlegVader

Aug 3, 2004
    Regarding Theon's torture, while I understand its importance I do hope they start to phase it out. While, Alfie Allen is probably one of their best actors I don't really want to watch someone being slowly tortured week after week moreover I especially don't want to see one implied action.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  22. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    If there is any death I think people are hoping for it is Joffrey's. Personally I am hoping Arya makes use of that coin and becomes a super assassin. At the moment she is still headed off to find family which I assume will take up the rest of the season. After that perhaps next season will be her training and somewhere down the line she takes out Joffrey. I don't see her killing off Tyrion, Cersei, or Jaime, but perhaps Tywin? I wish to see Arya and Tywin at least interract again where he finds out she is a Stark.

I could see Tywin being killed off by any of his kids. He ***** on them too much. Someone is going to break. I have my eye on Tyrion for that but Jaime actually killing off his own father which he refused to do long ago would be poetic. I would not even think that 2 episodes ago but Jaime is having an alignment change.

I would have picked Sansa to kill off Joffrey, especially after the head of her father on a spike scene, but she doesn't have it.

What is starting to occur to me is that in the middle of all of this is Dany and her new army and dragons. So let's say the Lannisters get taken down. Then we have the Starks having to deal with an invading Dany who says that throne is hers. Although, I suppose if it times out right she could march in and make allies of them and she helps take down the current bad guys so long as she gets the throne and the Starks get the north. Not to mention the threat of the zombies coming out of the north of The Wall.

So, The Lord Of Light might not be, well, of The Light? On the other side is darkness? 6 times? Maybe that darkness is some kind of holdover until you go off to your heaven but until then you can be resurrected?

23. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Brienne's face in that scene killed me.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

solojones, ma_petite, Dingo and 2 others like this.
  24. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Joffrey is evil but stupid, he'll die eventually. I can't wait for the scene where he inevitably offends Tywin and gets some sense beaten into him.

I'm thinking they're setting up Littlefinger to be the main antagonist of the entire show (Joffrey is too stupid and Tywin isn't evil enough), and Jon Snow as the main protagonist.

Not sure how Daenerys fit into it, hopefully she doesn't get killed off. Not sure how the White Walkers fit into all this yet either, Daenerys simply showing up at the time of their invasion and defeating them with her 3 dragons seems too easy.

25. BootlegVader

Aug 3, 2004
    [face_hypnotized][face_hypnotized]

Sigh, I hate how the show portrays the Lannisters in this series.