main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Game Over ... Be carefull when downloading Game demos you find they are real **Standard Warnings**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Velvet_Elfin, Dec 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Velvet_Elfin

Velvet_Elfin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2002
    Standard disclaimers apply. I do not make any money from this adventure and the characters included in this story belong to their copyrighted owners (or in layman?s terms their creator?s). This is a new concept so please post and tell me what you think?. good or bad, all comments are welcome. This story is a multi-fandom crossover of popular written, television and movie fiction. I know that it takes a while for you to see the Star Wars Chars but they are there I promise ?.so please be patient and keep reading.

Game Over

Chapter 1:

Standard Warnings Do Not Apply

Dinner was a long drawn out affair and each of her children had fought for attention, one over the other. The phone?s constant ringing and the boys arguing over who should talk to their father first did nothing to help the headache that threatened to drum a cadence through the back of her head. She sighed gratefully as the kids took their bath and settled into bed. Every few minutes she heard one of them yell mom and she recognized that it would be while before sleep claimed the little monsters. While she waited for them to finally go to sleep, she stood at the sink, washed the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen. Collapsing into the worn leather chair for an hour of relaxation in front of the computer before going to bed, she decided to check on the story she had been reading for the last month. She had checked her mail before going to work this morning and the next chapter alert was her only good message. Rubbing the sleep from her eyes, she took a sip of cold coffee and grimaced as the CPU dialed up.

While the computer took its sweet time connecting to the internet, she found herself drumming her fingers on the dark wood of her desk. She had promised both the boys and herself she would get a DSL as soon as they could spare the cash. Now with the new special offer from the phone company, she didn?t have too much longer to wait. Finally the page loaded and Alexis clicked the link to take her to the book-marked story as she settled in for a good read.

Several hours and three stories later she yawned ready to go to bed for the evening. The only thing that remained was to check her email and empty the Spam folder. She thought it was odd that there was only one email in the new message folder and guessed it was a slow night. The unread message was from one of the lists to which she had subscribed. Trying to decide if the email could wait until morning, she ran her mouse over the message and clicked. It won?t hurt to know which stories are updated.

Disappointment showed clearly on her face when she realized that it was nothing more than an ad for new computer game along with a short cryptic note from the list manager. Reading the testimonial of the sender, she became intrigued with the idea of a game that took its material from several of today?s best-selling books, TV shows, and movies. Ignoring the time, she clicked on the link provided in the email and waited as the page loaded. Reading all of the rules and accepting the ToS, Alexis began to download the game demo.

While the new program was downloading, Alexis decided this was a good time to get ready for bed because as soon as the computer was finished, she was going to go to sleep. Walking down the short hallway to the master bedroom she thought, after all 5 am comes early. Slipping into a silky pajama set, she walked out to the kitchen and fixed a cup of instant coffee before sitting back down in front of the computer.

Impatiently waiting as the computer dialogue box showed 99 % complete, Alexis decided that it wouldn?t hurt to look at the game tonight without the kids peering over her shoulder. Once the pop-up menu appeared on the screen telling her that the program was complete, she followed the directions as the program wizard guided her through the
    set-up. Grinning, she watched the animated characters of several TV programs hold signs as they danced across the screen crediting the program?s writers.

?Wow the graphics are outstanding,

2. Xeana

Xeana Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 2003

Looks great. :) Can't wait to see what her quest is. Great idea, Velvet_Elfin.

3. Velvet_Elfin

Sep 5, 2002
    Thanks Xeana for the reply. Neither can Alexis.

4. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Loyal reader #2 here and waiting :)

5. Velvet_Elfin

Sep 5, 2002
    Welcome aboard PadawanKitara. I hope to make your ride worth it.

Your continued coments on all of my stories have helped keep me from becoming discouraged. :D Thanks.

Vely

6. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Oh my you have caught my attention with this story.

Please add me to your reader list.

7. In_Luv_wit_kenobi

In_Luv_wit_kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 2003
    This looks awesome. guess you cant say you only have three readers anymore.

8. Velvet_Elfin

Sep 5, 2002
    :D Thanks :D I haven't had this many postings per chapter since Jedi. Thanks again.

CrystalKenobi I'm glad I caught your attention. I will try to keep it now .... :p

In Luv wit kenoi Thanks I am glad that I have more than three readers ...but shush and don't tell Alexis. She needs to contimue to help me. [face_devil]

9. masterobiwankenobi

masterobiwankenobi Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2003
    Cool. It was different, but cool. I like stories that are kind of different as long as they have obi ;) Hurry up with the next part or I'll send Darth Vader to make you move a little quicker. :)

10. Velvet_Elfin

Sep 5, 2002
    Masterobiwankenobi thanks for liking it. I seam to only be able to write AU's. As for hurrying up with next part ... well I am writing a post for Alias and then Game...but you can tell vader to come see me. I might be able to put him to work.

Vely

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.