main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena [Game] The Basketball Draft

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Jan 16, 2013.

1. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Gutless Wonders depth chart
    PG #1 - Chris Paul ('08-'09) (35 min) / PG #2 - Lafayette Lever ('88-'89) (10 min) / PG #3 - Kevin Johnson ('88-'89) (3 min)
    SG #1 - Dwyane Wade ('08-'09) (38 min) / SG #2 - Clyde Drexler ('88-'89) (10 min) SG #3 - Ray Allen ('00-'01) (0 min)
    SF #1- Larry Bird ('84-'85) (38 min) / SF #2 - Alex English ('82-'83) (10 min)
    PF #1- Chris Webber ('00-'01) (24 min) / PF #2 - Elvin Hayes ('70-'71) (24 min)
    C #1- Wilt Chamberlain ('61-'62) (48 min) / C #2 - Alonzo Mourning ('99-'00) (0 min)

2. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Gutless Wonders Team stats through 2 games
    • FT%: 51.5 3P%: 62.5 FT%: 64.1 REB: 104 AST: 74 TP: 226
    Leaders
    • Rebounds: Wilt Chamberlain: 31
    • Assists: Dwyane Wade: 21
    • Blocks: Wilt Chamberlain: 5
    • Steals: Chris Paul: 4
    Chris Paul has shot 60% from the floor, with 3 out of 4 from beyond the arch, as well as adding 17 assists, 4 steals, and 36 points.

3. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Well, time to see if my team has any fortitude to play at. We could barely win at home. Changes to be made.

4. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
  5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'll take suggestions whenever

6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Inty's All-Undrafted team

Starters:

PG: Baron Davis (06-07)
    SG James Harden (11-12)
    SF: Caron Butler (07-08)
    PF: Ed McCauley (53-64)
    C: Larry Foust (54-55)

Bench:

G: Chauncey Billups (05-06)
    G: Mark Price (91-92)
    G: Joe Johnson (06-07)
    C/F: Horace Grant (91-92)
    C/F: Chris Bosh (09-10)
    C/F: Ben Wallance (01-02)
    C/F: Larry Nance (91-92)

7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    PG: Iverson (28), Archibald (20), Wilkens (0)
    SG: Bryant (38), Iverson (10), Hornacek (0)
    SF: Rodman (25), Barry (15), Pierce (8)
    PF: Garnett (30), Love (18)
    C: O'Neal (38), Dikembe (10)

8. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    C: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (38 min) Bill Walton (6 min) Dave Cowens (4 min)
    PF: Karl Malone (38 min) Bill Walton (10 min)
    SF: John Havlicek (32 min) Reggie Miller (16 min)
    SG: Jerry West (34 min) Sam Jones (14 min)
    PG: Gary Payton (24 min) Derrick Rose (24 min)

9. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    sticking with my same depth chart. can't argue with the results so far. this next one should be a good game.

10. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    [​IMG]
    C: Dwight Howard (37.6), Nate Thurmond(10.4)
    PF: Tim Duncan (36.8), Nate Thurmond(10.2) Dolph Schayes (1)
    SF: Elgin Baylor (33), James Worthy (10), Bobby Jones (5)
    SG: Oscar Robertson (44), Anfernee Hardaway (4)
    PG: Bob Cousy (25), Rajon Rondo (18), Joe Dumars (5)

11. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    Inty, no David Thompson or Sydney Moncrief on your all undrafted?

12. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Thought about Moncrief. But, he'd probably replace Mark Price on that team. For obvious reasons, I'd keep Mark Price. I'd rate Moncrief a bit ahead of Thompson. Both worthy of consideration though, that's for sure. Any other thoughts on the 12 I put forth?

13. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Bob Lanier belongs on that list. Almost drafted him twice.

14. New_York_Jedi

Mar 16, 2002
    I have trouble separating my feelings about Joe Johnson's contract from style from his actual value, so I'm conflicted about that pick. You could make a case for Michael Redd, same year, or Vince Carter, 2000-2001, though Vince is even a more frustrating player, just looking at modern players.

I would have also strongly considered one of Sampson's early seasons, as well as Sabonis 1997-1998 though I don't know if either of them would make the cut.

15. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Pretty sure Vince is playing for my team right now. ;)

16. New_York_Jedi

Mar 16, 2002
    oops. I am not good at paying attention.

17. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    What about Brad Daugherty? He was a G. Or Larry Johnson?

18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    After putting Price and Nance on the team, I wanted to put Daugherty in there, but didn't want the team to just be former Cavaliers. :p

19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    From the Arco Arena, in Sacramento, California ...

Honey Nut Cheerios 109, Blue Screen of Death 99

Michael Jordan would not be denied this time.

With a tie game at the start of the fourth quarter, Jordan decided to take control of the game, and he was able to lead his team to a hard-fought victory.

Jordan scored 12 of his 26 points in the 4th quarter. Those 26 points, along with 8 assists and three steals, got Jordan the player of the game recognition.

Of course, Jordan got plenty of help from his friends. Scottie Pippen scored 20 points and pulled down 9 rebounds, while Moses Malone scored 27 and Isaiah Thomas dished out 12 assists. And, half of Charles Barkley's 16 points came in the decisive fourth quarter as well.

After Connie Hawkins scored early in the 4th quarter to tie the game back up at 73, the defense of the Cheerios swarmed. The Blue Screen of Death would score only once over four minutes, and by the time, the lead was 12.

Patrick Ewing lead the way in defeat for the Blue Screen of Doom with 25 points, 6 blocks, and 5 rebounds.

Full Play-by-Play

Box Score:

[​IMG]

20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    From the Arco Arena, in Sacramento, California ...

Sahara Heat Wave 120, L.A. Courtsiders 85

That highly anticipated fourth-quarter showdown between Oscar Robertson and Magic Johnson?

Never happened.

That crucial inside battle of Hakeem Olujuwan's offense against Dwight Howard's defense with the game on the line?

Not in this one.

The Heat Wave used a 13-0 run in the middle of the first quarter to put a stranglehold on this game. The amazing part of the 13-0 run? Dwight Howard, who would go on to be player of the game, was the only player to score twice. It was that kind of balance that allowed the Heat Wave to run away with this game.

For the night, Howard ended up with 17 points and 17 rebounds. Elgin Baylor lead all scorers with 19, while Bob Cousy added 16 points and 8 assists, and Oscar Robertson added 14 points, 8 assists and 7 rebounds.

The glass is where the Courtsiders really lost this game. The Heatwave had a mammoth 59-34 edge in total rebounds, and a ridiculous 19-6 edge in offensive rebounds.

And, believe it or not, L.A. did lead this game at one point in time. at 10:19 remaining in the first quarter, a pair of free throws from Earl Monroe made it 5-4 in favor of LA. They would tie it at 8 on an "and one" from Hakeem Olajuwan, and tie it at ten when Earl Monroe hit on a sweet pass from Magic.

That would be the time for L.A. fans to stop watching the game.

Full Play-by-Play

Box Score:

[​IMG]

21. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    No sims tonight, guys. Work kicked my ass today.

I will try to get the next two up tomorrow night. No promises, though - I have to pick up the misses from the airport.

22. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    No worries. My team certainly needs the extra practice days.

Point Given likes this.
  23. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    To lose in such a blowout fashion? So, so disappointing... and how the **** hasn't Horry hit a single 3-pointer yet?

24. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    You haven't been close enough in any games for being clutch to come in handy!

BAM

25. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Likewise.