main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena [Game] The First College Football Draft

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Mar 27, 2015.

1. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    Same lineup. I can't figure the sim out other than an obvious bias against Manning.

Sent from my iHorse

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    QB1: Harrell, Tex. Tech (2007), QB2: Luck, Stanford (2011), QB3: Manning, Ole Miss (2003)
    RB1: LaMichael James, Oregon (2010), RB2: Kenjon Barner, Oregon (2012), RB3: Todd Gurley, Georgia (2012), RB4: Shaun Alexander, Alabama (1999)
    WR1: Moss, Marshall (1997), WR2: Blackmon, OK St. (2010), WR3: Ward, Georgia (1997), WR4: Evans. TAMU (2013)
    TE1: Winslow, Miami (2002), TE2: Gonzalez, Cal (1996), TE3: D. Allen, Clemson (2011)

Playbook - Favor Pass

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Tom Brady or solojones wrote the sim.

ma_petite and PRENNTACULAR like this.
  4. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Same line-up, run heavy playbook.

5. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Same lineup

6. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Same lineup, Heavy Pass playbook.

Also if SuperCam would like to hang out on our sideline to avoid any potential Jim Harbaugh freakouts he's like more than welcome to fyi

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Sorry guys, lost my weekend again. Maybe Wednesday, maybe Saturday. Dealing with a pending death in the extended family which is eating into a lot of time and energy.

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Sorry to hear, Inty.

9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    How's it going, Inty?

10. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Mrs Inty's mom was declared cancer free. Mrs Inty's aunt is in hospice.

Fake College Gameday will be coming, along with sims, tomorrow night.

tom and dp4m like this.
  11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Yay for former, boo for latter!

12. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    sorry for all the family troubles inty. glad the mom-in-law is cancer free though!

13. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Welcome back to Fake College Gameday!

[​IMG]

We're Coming To you LIVE from Frozen, Cold, Snowing St. John!

(Camera pans to crowd. Washington State Flag shown. ."Johnny Manziel Ghost Writes as Bill Simmons" sign shown. "Vince Young can't spell ESPN" sign shown. "Pete Carroll Committed More NCAA Violations than there are signs here" sign shown. Fan dressed as the abominable snowman eating a Vince Young voodoo doll shown)

And, we're going to get right to the picks. Today's special guest picker is ...

The one and only ...

Elsa! (yup, I probably just jumped the shark)

[​IMG]

Kirk: Welcome aboard! First time we've had a fictional snow queen! I bet the cold doesn't bother you anyways, does it?
    Elsa: Yeah. Never heard that one before.

Alright, let's get the picks started out in Indiana. where they are expecting snow and plenty of it, as IHNRHW hosts Legends of Tomorrow. Thoughts?

Elsa: Legends of Tomorrow are really struggling right now. They can't seem to find an identity on offense, and when they've succeeded it's been through the air. The elements are going to make that tough, so I think IHNRHW will take that one.
    Kirk: Wow. Great analysis. I'm a little surprised.
    Elsa: What? You were expecting snow puns and Let It Go Lyrics?
    Kirk: Maybe. In any case, I can't disagree. Great analysis, and I think IHNRHW as well.
    Lee: Make it three. No chance they lose this one at home.

To the Pacific Northwest, where the Rubber Duck Quackers host the Sexy Boat.

Kirk: All On Board the Sexy Boat this week. I like their matchups, and the chance that the offense starts to really click. I think they'll take this one.
    Lee: Boy, this is gonna be a close game. I don't trust either team all that much. So, when in doubt, g owith the home team. Rubber Duck Quackers in a squeaker.
    Elsa: Coach, that was quite the pun. To me, this comes down to trust in the quarterbacks. If one of them gets in a rhythm, then he can really carry his team. Both quarterbacks are capable, but I think Marcus Marriota is more capable. So, I'm going with the Quackers, too.

Columbus Ohio is the next stop. The Scarlet and Grey Sloopies, one of only two undefeated teams left, put that record on the line against the Coruscant Vaders

Elsa: No chance the Sloopies lose this one. This team has laser sharp focus, and the close calls over the past few weeks have given them a wake-up call. I think they win this one, and they win it big time.
    Lee: Good pick, I like that pick. I'm on record. I'm not picking against Cardale Jones until he loses a game. So, make mine the Sloopies.
    Kirk: At some point in time, I know that Cardale Jones is going to be exposed. His lack of experience, the stage getting away from him. I think it could be this week. Playing at home can sometimes be more dangerous than on the road, especially if you're riding a bit too high. So, I'm going with the Vaders in a narrow upset.
    Lee: I don't know what you have against these Sloopies, Kirk, but you need to let it go! Ha, Good one, huh, Elsa?

Another game looking at cold weather, in the Dakotas, where Tebow's Holy Rollers welcome in OBC

Lee: Boy, that offense for OBC has been great hasn't it? And Tebow's been up and down. Sounds like a clear cut case? But, then I started thinking about it. And I was talking myself into the upset. Then .. I gave myself a NOT SO FAST my friend. OBC ain't losing this one. But, closer ... closer than the experts think.
    Elsa: I don't know, coach. OBC has a high powered offense, but it's a big time passing offense. The wind? the Snow? They could really cause some havoc. This smells like an upset. I'm taking Tebow.
    Kirk: Bold pick. Good points on the weather, but both teams have to deal with it. I think I trust the defense OBC brings to town a bit more, so I'm going with them.

Ball So Hard Ballers welcome FFFU to town.

Kirk: This is a game FFFU should dominate. The matchups favor them, and it's a good time to make a statement.
    Lee: I agree. This sets up beautifully for FFFU to show their best side.
    Elsa: Yeah, guys, this one I didn't think about too much. I like FFFU's offense and think this is a chance for their playmakers to shine.

And, now the main event. The snow, the cold. the wind. the elements. The Awful Velocipedestriennes and Princes of the Universe Kirk, you're calling the game, so no pick. But, give us a key to the game.

Kirk: To me, it comes down to focus. Both teams are coming off of emotional losses that put their season goals in jeopardy. You need leadership to get you through that. and you need toughness. Leadership comes from the quarterback. How do Vince Young and Johnny Manziel respond to adversity? And, who steps up on defense for either team to demonstrate toughness. The team that answers that questions better? That's who walks out with a win tonight.

Elsa: Take it from me. You've got to be comfortable in the elements. You can't run and hide from them. Today, one team is going to show up with grit and determination, and one team is going to run away from it because the cold bothers them. You look at these fans? (crowd cheers). You see this team here? They aren't scared. They're focused. And they win the game!

(Elsa creates a snowman wearing a Velocipedestriennes jersey)

Lee: Oh boy. This is a tough one. I like what old Kirk said, about toughness and focus and leadership. And I agree with him. And, I like what old Elsa said about being comfortable in the elements. My only problem? I disagree with her outcome. I don't think The Awful Velocipedestriennes are that tough, and not just because I don't know what the hell a Velocipedestrienne is. So ... I don't care if it's the wrong kind of prince. Give me that beret!

[​IMG]

LloydChristmas likes this.
  14. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Week 9 - Thursday, November 5th

Legends of Tomorrow at IHNRHW
    At Kickoff: 20 Degrees, Medium Wind, Heavy Snow

An interception of Michael Vick and a three-play touchdown drive saw Peyton Manning and the Legends of Tomorrow start off hot in brutally cold conditions.

However, they wouldn't stay that way.

The Legends of Tomorrow scored 14 points in the first 13 minutes of the game, and only 6 the remaining 47, as IHNRHW put the clamps on and locked in for a win.

Despite the elements, Manning passed for 288 yards on 21 of 41 and his touchdown on the opening drive. He found Troy Walters 7 times for 120 yards. But, the Legends of Tomorrow running game couldn't get traction in the snow, getting just 17 yards overall, and just 0.5 yards per carry.

IHNRHW, meanwhile, got some inconsistent play from their quarterbacks, with Vick completing 20 of 25 passes for 225 yards and three touchdowns, but he was also intercepted twice. Sam Bradford also threw for 106 yards, but he too had a touchdown and a pick. IHNRHW didn't have quite the struggles on the ground their opponents did, but their 151 yards were hard earned at just 3.6 yards per carry.

It was the defense - sacking Manning three times, and holding Legends to 7-ffor-20 on third down and 0-for-2 on fourth down - that won the day, along with a very strong game from the receiving corps. Michael Crabtree hauled in 9 passes for 114 yards, and Amari Cooper called in 8 catches - three for touchdowns.

Final Score: IHNRHW 37, Legends of Tomorrow 20
    Play-by-Play
    Full Box Score

dp4m likes this.
  15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Week 9 - Saturday, November 7th

OBC's MVPS at Tebow's Holy Rollers
    At Kickoff: 20 Degrees, Medium Wind, Heavy Snow

And then there was one.

Tebow's Holy Rollers defense showed up when it mattered the most and kept OBC's MVPs out of the end zone for the final 48:23 of the game. And, in doing so, removed them from the ranks of the unbeaten.

Ryan Leaf found the air twice through the elements, completing 17 of his 22 passes for 211 yards. Graham Harrel, his counterpart, got 391 yards on 30 of 44 passing, but couldn't find the endzone and was picked off once.

Harrel found Randy Moss 8 times for 132 yards and Justin Blackmon 9 times for 87 yards, but couldn't get it in the endzone at all, with OBC's lone score coming on Todd Gurley's only carry of the day.

Reggie Bush added 132 yards on the ground for Tebow on 17 carries, while Troy Edwards proved to be Leaf's favorite target with 8 catches for 108 yards and both touchdowns.

OBC very nearly stayed among the ranks of the unbeaten, however. A desperation drive with 50 seconds left saw OBC start on their own 20. Two plays later, they were inside the 10, but ran out of time when LaMichael James was tackled inbounds, sealing the win for the Holy Rollers.

Final Score: Tebow's Holy Rollers 23, OBC's MVPs 19
    Play-by-Play
    Full Box Score

tom likes this.
  16. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005

Coruscant Vaders at Scarlet and Grey Sloopies
    At Kick: 40 Degrees, Medium Wind, Light Rain

With LaDanian Tomlinson and Cardale Jones providing an unstoppable 1-2 punch, the Scarlet and Grey Sloopies scored early, scored often, and left no doubt in this one.

Tomlinson scored two by ground and one by air, as he racked up 231 yards on the ground at over ten yards per carry. Jones completed 24 of his 32 passes for 358 yards and 3 scores, offset by a single interception. That meant 604 yards of offense on the day for the Sloopies, and 10.4 yards per play. A massive, dominant showing.

The score was 21-0 before the Vaders could react, and 31-3 before they could get traction on offense. Cedric Benson had a good statistical game with 149 yards and a touchdown on 25 carries, but Cam Newton managed only 66 yards on just 4 for 8 passing.

Final Score: Scarlet and Grey Sloopies 45, Coruscant Vaders 13
    Play-by-Play

Full Box Score

17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005

Get On Board the Sexy Boat at Rubber Duck Quackers
    At Kick: 50 Degrees, Heavy Wind, Heavy Rain
    The Rubber Duck Quackers simply couldn't get out of their own way. And, in the end, it finally caught them.

Marcus Marriota threw two interceptions, offsetting a day that saw him pass for 311 yards on 22-for-40. And, the Quackers committed 7 penalties, repeatedly stymying their efforts.

That meant that a "just enough" effort from the Sexy Boat was good enough to get them back on board the win column.

Just enough meant a 2.7 yard per carry effort on the ground, despite Eddie Lacy getting 70 yards on 7 carries. Just enough meant Jameis Winston completing 21 for 33 for 206 yards, but the team going just 6-for-16 on third downs. Just enough meant surviving a blocked punt and an onside kick attempt late in the fourth quarter to escape with a win.

Final Score: Get On Board The Sexy Boat 23, Rubber Duck Quackers 16
    Play-by-Play
    Full Box Score

PRENNTACULAR likes this.
  18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005

FFFU at Ball So Hard U Ballers
    At Kick: 60 Degrees, Light Wind, No Rain

With the domination put forth by FFFU, it's hard to remember that at one point in time, Ball So Hard lead this game.

The Ballers took the opening drive and drove for a field goal to take a 3-0 lead. From there, FFFU would score 30 of the remaining 33 points to flex their muscle and establish themselves as a force to reckon with in the chase for the title.

Matt Leinart completed 25 of his 35 passes for 339 yards, 2 touchdowns and 1 interception. He found Lee Evans (93 yards) and Torry Holy (73 yards and a touchdown) 6 times each. Adrian Peterson carreid the ball 17 times for 77 yards.

But, it was FFFU's defense that really paved the way. Ball So Hard U was limited to 277 yards of offense, 3.2 yards per carry, and just 99 yards through the air, as Robert Griffin III completed just 7 of 13 passes. Ricky Williams amassed 98 yards, but needed 28 tough carries to get there.

Final Score: FFFU 30, Ball So Hard U Ballers 6
    Play-by-Play
    Full Box Score

19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005

Princes of the Universe at The Awful Velocipedestriennes
    At Kick: 10 Degrees, Heavy Wind, Moderate Snow

Behind 211 yards from J.J. Arrington, the Awful Velocipedestriennes rolled to 389 yards of rushing and a 5.3 yards per carry average to bounce back from their disappointing loss a week ago.

Three Grant Ressel field goals in the first quarter temporarily put the Princes of the Universe ahead 10-7, thanks to forcing three consecutive three-and-outs for the Awful Velocipedestriennes. That, however, was a faux lead, and like a cat toying with a mouse, the Velocipedestriennes decided to dominate from there, scoring the next 33 points in the game.

Arrington scored only one of their touchdowns, with Johnny Manziel rushing for a score and throwing for one, and Tevin Coleman taking two trips to the end zone.

For the Princes, it's a game they'd like to forget. Vince Young completed just 12 of 27 passes for 167 yards, no touchdowns, and he was intercepted once. They amassed just 105 yards on the ground, at a 2.8 YPC clip, and saw their quarterback sacked five times.

The Awful Velocipedestriennes punted just once after the slow start first quarter, and controlled the clock, eating up 34:47 of possession.

Final Score: The Awful Velocipedestriennes 43, Princes of the Universe 12
    Play-by-Play
    Full Box Score

20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Week 9 Recap:

IHNRHW 37, Legends of Tomorrow 20
    Tebow's Holy Rollers 23, OBC's MVPs 19
    Scarlet and Grey Sloopies 45, Coruscant Vaders 13
    Get On Board The Sexy Boat 23, Rubber Duck Quackers 16
    FFFU 30, Ball So Hard U Ballers 6
    The Awful Velocipedestriennes 43, Princes of the Universe 12

Standings:

SEC Speed Division

OBC's MVPs 8-1 (4-1)
    FFFU 8-1 (4-1)
    The Awful Velocipedestriennes 7-2 (4-1)
    IHNRHW 7-2 (3-2)
    Coruscant Vaders 5-4 (1-4)
    Rubber Duck Quackers 4-5 (0-5)

Big Ten or Eight or XII Division

Scarlet and Grey Sloopies 9-0 (5-0)
    Princes of the Universe 5-4 (3-2)
    Get On Board the Sexy Boat 5-4 (3-2)
    Tebow's Holy Rollers 6-3 (3-2)
    Ball so Hard U 4-5 (0-5)
    Legends of Tomorrow 4-5 (0-5)

Week Ten:

Ball So Hard U Ballers at Legends of Tomorrow
    Forecast: 60 Degrees, Light Wind, 10% Chance of Rain

Scarlet and Grey Sloopies at Get On Board the Sexy Boat
    Forecast: 80 Degrees, Light Wind, 0% Chance of Rain

Princes of the Universe at Tebow's Holy Rollers
    Forecast: 10 Degrees, Heavy Wind, 5% Chance of Snow

Rubber Duck Quackers at The Awful Velocipedestriennes
    Forecast: 5 Degrees, Heavy Wind, 10% Chance of Snow

OBC's MVPs at FFFU
    Forecast: 45 Degrees, Heavy Wind, 5% Chance of Rain
    FAKE COLLEGE GAMEDAY WILL BE IN NORMAN FOR THIS GAME

Coruscant Vaders at IHNRHW
    Forecast: 40 Degrees, Light Wind, 80% Chance of Rain

21. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    QB 1: Kellen Moore, Boise State (2011)
    QB 2: Cam Newton, Auburn (2010)
    QB 3: Case Keenum, Houston (2011)

RB 1: Mark Ingram, Alabama (2009)
    RB 2: Cedric Benson, Texas (2004)
    RB 3: Willis McGahee, Miami (FL) (2002)

WR 1: Roddy White, UAB (2004) WR
    WR 2 Marqise Lee, USC (2012)
    WR 3: Ryan Broyles, Oklahoma (2010)
    WR 4: Kevin White, West Virginia (2014)

TE 1: Heath Miller, Virginia (2003)
    TE 2: Fred Davis, USC (2007)
    TE 3: Zach Ertz, Stanford (2012)

FLEX 1: Josh Reed, LSU (2001)
    FLEX 2: Donald Brown, Connecticut (2008) RB
    FLEX 3: Greg Salas, Hawaii (2010)

Defence: USC Defence (2008)
    Special Teams: Oklahoma Special Teams (2002)

Field Goal Kicker: Brad Craddock, Maryland (2014)
    Punter: Ryan Plackemeier, Wake Forest (2005)

Playbook: Balanced

22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I think I can get another round done Friday or Sunday

23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I'll get my numbers in tomorrow.

24. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004

I've quoted myself to make it easier for you I guess.

25. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    QB: Cardale (last year), God Disguised as Aaron Rodgers (2004), Krenzel (2002)
    RB: LT (1999), Jahvid Best (2008), Carlos Hyde (2012), Giovani Bernard Outta North Carolina (2012)
    WR: Devin Smith (2014), Terrance Williams (2012), Michael Jenkins (2002), Ted Ginn Jr. (2005)
    TE: Tracey Wistrom (1999), Justin Swift (1997), Chris Cooley (2002)

Balanced Playbook plz

PRENN sit all your Packers plz