main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[GAME!] The Saga Transport Tournament! Open to all! [Q&A thread]

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Jada, Jul 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    It?s time for another Tournament and this time we?re going worldwide! [face_dancing] :D

Previously we?ve had the Sock Game and the Prequel Creatures Tournament [yay! for Boga!]. This time we are going global with the Saga Transport Tournament and inviting everyone to participate.

For those who haven?t participated in one of these mixed up, wild and crazy games with me before get ready to have some fun!

Now, to explain the way this works. There are two ?phases? of the game.

Phase One

Signing up to be a player in the game means that you will be playing the game to win the prize ? VIPship for 1 week and bragging rights. How do you play and win?

1) Pick 8 of the 17 transports and PM your answers to Boga-the-Magnificent [your ?host? for the tournament]. Boga will keep track of everyone?s ?picks?. Once the ?PM Round? is done the open voting in the thread will occur. [OK, I admit it! Boga is my sock 8-}]

2) If you are playing it is in your best interest to get as many people [not your socks!] to vote in the game thread at each round.

3) The person who wins is the person who has had the most correct picks. If it comes down to a tie the winner will be decided by who sent in their PM first.

Along the way Boga-the-Magnificent will be PMing folks so expect to get PMs!

Phase Two

The voting phase of the game is open to everyone ? not just the players of the game. You can ask members of your fan force to vote in the game, etc. but please try not to spam up other threads to get people to vote.

Some of the questions from the last tournament will probably help to clarify how this is
    done.

Does this game involve game bans?

No, it doesn?t.

Are there brackets?

No, it is more of a free-for-all popularity contest.

Fire power, weapons, engines, etc. aren?t figured into how the winner is determined. It is just which one is the most popular. However, you CAN feel free to have friendly debates as to why one transport is better than the other. [face_mischief]

How many rounds are there and how do the transports advance to the next round?

There are 4 rounds total. The top 8 will be advanced from first round. Then we go from 8 to 4 to 2 to the winner!

Can my sock vote?

No. [face_plain]

What if I miss PMing my picks before a round starts?

Once the open voting round starts there will be no more PMs allowed and you will not be able to participate in playing the game. You will still be allowed to vote in the Open Vote.

I?m already a VIP so why should I play?

If you are a VIP [ex-mod, banner artist, CR, etc] you will be allowed for one week to use ?colors/colours?. And everybody loves ?colors/colours? :p

Now, there is one Transport that will not be ?playing? in the game because we all know it would win. So say ?bye-bye? to the Falcon:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/SithJada/Star%20Wars%20pics/Transports/falcon.jpg]

:p

Here is the ?playing? field. Just to clarify, there are 17 transports in the starting round. The transports that made it into this game are transports that were featured in the movies and are not Expanded Universe only transports.

Y-Wing
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/SithJada/Star%20Wars%20pics/Transports/YWing.jpg]

X-Wing
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/SithJada/Star%20Wars%20pics/Transports/Xwing.jpg]

Tie Fighter
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/SithJada/Star%20Wars%20pics/Transports/TieFighter.jpg]

Tie Bomber
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/SithJada/Star%20Wars%20pics/Transports/TieBomber.jpg]

Super Star Destroyer
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/SithJada/Star%20Wars%20pics/Transports/SSD.jpg]

Sith Infiltrator
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/SithJada/Star%20Wars%20pics/Transports/si

2. Boga-the-Magnificent

Boga-the-Magnificent Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Hi I'm Boga-the-Magnificent and I'll be your game host. [face_dancing]

So, now that you've read all that mumbo-jumbo that Jada wrote you might be asking yourself "hey, this sounds like fun but what do I do now?"

1. Look through all the transports and decide which 8 you want to advance to the round.

2. Send me Boga-the-Magnificent a PM with your picks before Monday, August 7th

3. Starting Monday, August 7th the voting round of the game will start. Vote for the 8 vehicles you want to win and you can encourage/invite/bribe :p your friends to come vote too.

4. Watch your PM box and pay attention to when you need to get me your next picks. After each round I'll give everyone 2 days to get me their next round of picks.

5. The most important round is the final round. If there is a tie between two players the one who will win will be the one who got their PM to me first.

Still have questions? Please ask! :D

3. Redius_Spid

Redius_Spid Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 16, 2005
    Let me see if I understood it right, I just have to send a PM with the, picture or name?, of the transport and if one of those transports get's the most votes and goes to the final I win, is that right?

4. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Just the name will do.

So to start off you would send me a list of your top 8 picks.

5. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Sounds fun. :D

6. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    "Those aren't the transports you're looking for"

"These transports WILL do fine."

7. Boga-the-Magnificent

Jun 13, 2005
    Hurrah! We have 7 people signed up so far! [face_dancing]

8. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Your all going to get owned by the IEFF!

PM with my picks on the way.

Slave1???? Leia's ship from EPIV?

9. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Hmmm, I know I looked all this up in the SW Databank. I did it quite awhile ago so I'm not sure why I didn't include those. My logic confuses even me! :eek:

10. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    So did I win yet? :p

It's that old age thing that caused you to forget, Jada. [face_mischief]

11. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Not possible, we all know I will win. :p

12. Boga-the-Magnificent

Jun 13, 2005
    9 players so far!

13. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Another IEFF member checking in. My PM is on its way.

Sounds like fun. Thanks for doing this!!

14. ewok_jedi

ewok_jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 5, 2005
    Ok so I have a question, why is this thread called [GAME!] The Saga Transport Tournament! Open to all! [Q&A thread] when most of the ships on that list are not transports?

15. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Sure they are bro. They transport the pilot/crew from point A to point B, they transport rockets, missles, torpedoes and laser bolts to where they will be fired into different parts of their enemy's ships or ground positions. :p

16. doc4converse

doc4converse Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    EDITED - Oops I hit the wrong button...
    :D

17. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    As D_G said, all of these fall under the Transportation category. Not all of them are starships which is why I didn't call the tourney Saga Starships.

18. Boga-the-Magnificent

Jun 13, 2005
    Game starts on Monday!!!!!

If you want to play in the game you need to PM me your answers before 9am board time on Monday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.