main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA GameCon RPG Session

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Corvalis, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corvalis

Corvalis Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 17, 2008
    That's fine! I've told I have final say over who can or can't play, so don't worry about it, I'll save a spot for you.

EDIT: The event shows as full participation with 7 people. I talked to the admin about the game, and we've done that so that no other conners can steal spaces signed up by people who've been unable to accept invitations or who've not signed up yet. There are still spots available for you guys, you just have to okay it with me!

The 'Yes' crowd:

Chris
    Mason
    Bevan
    Chad
    Craig
    Dave
    Mike

The 'Maybe' crowd:

Denise
    Nat
    Alfredo
    Rob

2. Corvalis

Oct 17, 2008
    Bevan: This is the email I got regarding your problem from the admin for GameCon:

"In the meantime, if you could send him an email with these instructions:

1. Login and goto the Scheduler.
    2. Click on "My Control Panel".
    3. Your game should appear in a list of "Invites". Click on "Accept".

I'm curious why he had problems. I got rid of this step because it was silly that a user would "Join" but then have to accept their own invitation. But, he signed up before I made that fix, so he's stuck doing this extra step (at least until tonight when I do it for him)."

3. roxez

roxez Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2007
    Tried that. I don't have an invite for your game on my control panel. Probably because I already denied it once before.

4. Corvalis

Oct 17, 2008
    lol, that's hilarious! Okay, well, Sean said he'd do it tonight. No worries though!

I'm looking forward to GMing Vaya. I don't remember if we wrote down the weaponized aresol rules for your death sticks. If not, I will have to hammer them out.

I'm super excited about this game. Members from both of my regular gaming groups will be there! That makes, not counting me, a total of 6 GMs playing the game, and I believe everyone will be familiar with the rules.

You guys are allowed to bring whatever books you want for the game. I will have a list of house rules available for each of you before we start.

Oh, and yes, this will be an extension of the Fellstar campaign.

5. roxez

Nov 13, 2007
    Too bad it's not my Jedi or Droid characters

I got the Jedi Academy book and the newest: the Scavenger's Guide to Droids.

6. Corvalis

Oct 17, 2008
    This is why it needs Vaya though...

Here is the opening crawl to the game:

Star Wars Saga ? The Black Of Space

By David Stark

Point Nadir, no other hive of scum and villainy is as grand. It is a hidden asteroid base for assassins and pirates alike, and for the past two months, it has been your home and place of business.

You have worked diligently with the crime syndicate Epsis, dealing with the ?reallocation of wealth?. Your hard work and efforts have finally paid off, as your find yourself invited to a meeting where the next Epsis Underboss will be selected. Your name is on the list of candidates.

Arriving on a freighter orbiting a small moon in the outer rim, you begin to mingle with the elite upper echelon of the Epsis syndicate. Very soon, the meeting is called to order and business is deliberated. Your former supervisor, Pursel, has been promoted, and is allowed to choose one of you to succeed him as Underboss. It is before he can name his successor that a shot rings out, and he falls dead to the floor....

7. The_Cheeser

The_Cheeser Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 16, 2005
    Squee! I want to start RPing RIGHT NOW!

8. -JediClone-

-JediClone- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2005
    Deathstick rules are in the Legacy Era sourcebook.

9. roxez

Nov 13, 2007
    so besides the fact that my character has all the access codes to talk with Epsis...

edit:

Reading the Legacy Era talk on deathsticks, it doesn't apply to Vaya as her addiction is just an addiction and not damaging to her.

10. The_Cheeser

Feb 16, 2005
    Does anyone know if kids under a certain age are free or less? Or is it really 10 for anyone? Is there a minimum age? I can't find any thing on the site.

11. Corvalis

Oct 17, 2008
    Yeah, but those rules might help me figure out how your deathsticks will affect everyone else. I don't think I have the Legacy book, what does it say?

Mason: I would post your question on the GameCon forum or use the "Contact Us" link to email them the question.

12. -JediClone-

Mar 21, 2005
    While we're looking up improvised weapons, does anyone still have the effects for the "screecher" comlinks?

13. Corvalis

Oct 17, 2008
    Yeah, they're in one of the posts from a long time ago, like on page eight or something in the forums. I came across them yesterday when I was looking for the Duros Underboss's name. (Originally it was Pursel, but for some reason, probably mine, we renamed him 'Bill')

Here's what the post said:

"The Sonic Screechers actually do no physical damage. Your total Use Computer roll (with a +2 for anyone who is helping you that can make a Use Computer roll of 15 or more each) must exceed the targets Will defense, or they will be stunned for 1 round."

I think I meant and and not or stunned for 1 round. But it is a stunning effect for 1 round if you exceed their defense.

14. The_Cheeser

Feb 16, 2005
    How do you avoid being stunned yourself?

15. Corvalis

Oct 17, 2008
    I limited it to target one person, usually whoever is carrying the targetted comlink.

Mason, can I borrow your galaxy tiles for the game? And possibly some minis?

16. The_Cheeser

Feb 16, 2005
    I think Bevan has the real tiles, but I have lots of minis.

17. roxez

Nov 13, 2007
    Yeah they are my tiles. I'll bring them and my minis too.

18. -JediClone-

Mar 21, 2005
    Thanks for the reminders on the screecher effect (Which my character avoids by not having humanoid ears).

I only have a few minis to bring, but I did paint the one I've been using for BB-2000. A nice shiney metalic fuchsia.

19. Corvalis

Oct 17, 2008
    Wow...not the color I would have picked for BB-2000. But okay, not going to argue with the droid who can kung fu me back to Episode 1.

20. The_Cheeser

Feb 16, 2005
    Bevan and I were just recalling how that fuchsia-ness worked out to be some amazing camo once upon a time.

Also, Nat's not playing.

21. Corvalis

Oct 17, 2008
    You have to tell me about the circumstances...

Too bad Nat can't come :(

22. The_Cheeser

Feb 16, 2005
    It was when I was running the spin off game, and Chris succeeded his stealth roll in broad daylight out on a busy street. Nat. 20 maybe?

23. Corvalis

Oct 17, 2008
    Ah yes, that would make sense.

One day until GameCon, two days until my game.

A reminder for those who did not catch it on the forums for GameCon, we are not allowed to bring outside food or drink (I know, totally sucks, I was hoping to grab some taco tme before gaming like I used to) but they do have a few spots for getting munchies.

I will try to give you guys a bit of a meal break in there as well, if it's needed. Hopefully not, but maybe.

24. -JediClone-

Mar 21, 2005
    [image=http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa84/JediClone/bb-2000.jpg]

Sooner or later I'm gonna photoshop a droid head or helmet onto that platter...

25. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Yeah, it sucks that I can't make it, but when work says work I work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.