main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

GameCube. online and free.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by KitFist0, Oct 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    Nintedo recently brough out their first LAN enabled Game Kirby Air Ride. In an effort to make the GC internet playble a group of developers have came up with a program called Warp Pipe that enable LAN GC to play over the internet. For more information click the link at the bottom of my post.

Warp Pipe

2. Death_Omega

Death_Omega Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2002
    They did the samething with Halo on the Xbox before live. But anyway, I'm really interested testing the Mario Kart Double Dash!! with the warp pipe.

Playing Mario Kart with 16 players, it's a Mario Kart fan dream come true :D

But anyway you need a very fast internet connection work, I have one at school the problem is finding a tv :(

3. KitFist0

Nov 10, 2001
    [image=http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://geocities.com/jango_bak/speed.jpg]

My cable connection at home. People at Warp Pipe were impress with my connection. I'll be playing when I get Mario Kart.

4. Death_Omega

Death_Omega Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2002
    Nice I have a 320 kbps connection at home, which is ok.

At school I have a 100Mbps connection ;)

I have a friend who has a 1.5 Mbps downstream connection I guess I could test it with him.

The thing wondering me is, what happens when a PAL player joins a NTSC player. Will the game actually works?

That's the real thing bugging me about it...

5. R2_Tech_Force_D2

R2_Tech_Force_D2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 29, 2003
    Now if we could only play multiplayer rebel strike 3 without the split screen.

now that would be something :)

6. The2ndRest-in-Peace

The2ndRest-in-Peace Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 27, 2002
    Here's hoping for Rogue Squadron 4 w/LAN so we can warp pipe that sucker into hyperspace [face_batting]

7. StarkRhavyn

StarkRhavyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Man, by the time RS4 comes out, there d*mn well better be some fully supported online internet play on whatever nintendo platform the game ends up on. Not just some third party pirated hack.

8. KitFist0

Nov 10, 2001
    Not just some third party pirated hack.

It's perfectly legal. So it's not pirated or hacked. I think it's better then anything Nintendo could make because they would make you pay for it. This is a 100% free service, you can't beat that ;)

9. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    The thing wondering me is, what happens when a PAL player joins a NTSC player. Will the game actually works?

The game should work just fine. The networking behind the scenes shouldn't even be handling any display. The networking should only be worried about passing the data between your machine and everyone elses. All the display processing should be done on your box. So it shouldn't matter if one person is playing on PAL and another is playing on NTSC.

10. KitFist0

Nov 10, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.