main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gamecube owners! Mount up...

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by pinata242, Nov 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    A fine choice, Paul. People have been asking me this same question a lot at work recently and it's so hard to give advice without knowing the kids.

The worst part about it is that there is some point in a kid's life where he considers the nintendo a baby's toy and the PS2 or X-Box for grown ups. And since they all want to be grown up, you don't want to advise someone to get an GC for their 8-year old and have them cry under the tree because they wanted a PS2 like their friend's older brother. So it's a fine line to walk when choosing a system. You don't want to alienate any kid of the house, whether he's 4 or 40, ya know? :) Hope you enjoy it! (Like there's any doubt)

2. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Since this is the video game topic, I thought this is where this link should go.

Click for Megaton Announcement. At least, it very well could be.

I can only begin to imagine the possibilities of Nintendo's new "disposable" income and this "artist's group". It knows no bounds. I was excited enough when Square and Enix merged. Nintendo, Sega, Enix, Square, Namco, Temco, and Konami all teaming up to co-produce and share copyrights and characters??!?!?!?! With more developers coming? Oh, this is a console gamer's wet dream. I just hope the dream lives up to the potential.

EDIT:
    Of course, this could all be false since I haven't found one other source that can confirm or even mention this fascinating piece of news... <sigh>

3. DarthPaul1971

DarthPaul1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    hmmmmm...don't you think that if Nintendo was entitled to money from the Playstation name that they would have sought it out a long time ago? Nintendo only wishes it could get ahold of some of Sony's green. he he heh :D

4. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    I see that one as being a rumor. The chances of getting that many companies together is a smaller chance then navigating an asteroid field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.