main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gamecube problem

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by OBI-BEN-KENOBI, Aug 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    I rented DBZ Budokai for my Gamecube and after about 5 minutes of playing story mode, I get this message:

"An error has occurred. Turn the Power Off and check the Nintendo GameCube Instruction Booklet for further instructions."

It only happens with this game. I tested two others and they played fine. I cleaned the Budokai disc and it still gives me the message.

Thoughts?

2. Darth_Xizor

Darth_Xizor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 1, 2003
    Read what the instruction booklet says. If that doesn't work, then go to wherever you rented the game from, ask for your money back, and bitch about how the game didn't work. ;)

3. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    The instruction booklet told me to call a number. The lady I talked to said I should clean the disc. Which I did. sorry about not saying that in the first post.

4. Vader_vs_Maul

Vader_vs_Maul Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    In that case, proceed to step two of Darth Xizor's post.

5. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    You got a screwed up copy. Disk might be dirty or scratched. Take it back to where you rented it and get another game or a refund.

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

6. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Call in the Daleks. You know what their catchphrase is.

7. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I've got another Gamecube problem.

My friend's Gamecube freezes up and sometimes doesn't even read the discs. How do we fix the GC? Or would it be best to just trade it in for another GC?

8. Emperor_Joe

Emperor_Joe Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Hit it really hard with a foam bat.

9. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    I've got another Gamecube problem.

My friend's Gamecube freezes up and sometimes doesn't even read the discs. How do we fix the GC? Or would it be best to just trade it in for another GC?

I had the same problem. If it is still under warranty you can trade it in for a new one for free.

If not, repairs are $70, or a new one is $100. Used will be cheaper.

I actually read instructions on how to fix mine, and the fix seems to work for some people. For me, the fix would last for a few days before the GC crapped out again. Check back maybe 2 months ago for a topic titled something like "GameCube Repairs".

10. JediJared

JediJared Jedi Master star 3

Dec 14, 2000
    Buy an Xbox.

Just kidding. I've never had this problem with my GC or my Xbox so I really can't help you at all.

Sorry

11. Shadowknight1

Shadowknight1 Jedi Master star 6

Jun 8, 2003
    Huh, you only have that problem on ONE disc and you're whining? I have that problem with just about every game I own. It sucks too. :(

12. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    That happened to me once with a rented copy of Super Mario Sunshine. Turns out the disc had a big scratch on it I hadn't seen. Oh well. :p

13. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    My friend doesn't have warranty...would it be wise to buy a used GC, or would it just have the same problem eventually?

14. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Valyn, Nintendo is known for making high quality consoles that are built to last, however this is their first with discs. I think only a small percentage of them "crap out" like mine, or as you described, otherwise there would be a lot more news about the first generation of GCs going bad.

I think odds are that a used GC would be fine. Keep prices in mind though. You can trade in a broken GC to Nintendo for $70 and get a refurbished one with a 90 day warranty. A new one is $100. I would not pay more than $40-50 for a used one (hardware only - more if with games).

15. Lord_Darth_Attar

Lord_Darth_Attar Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2004
    Obi-Ben... I have the same problem, except it's with ALL my games. Luckily, I have DVD cleaners.

16. joedonjedi

joedonjedi Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2004
    IT sounds like you all need to take better care of your discs.

I have cd-roms that are over 10 years old because i take good care of them! My discs are in one of two places, a cd-rom drive or a cd case! Don't leave them laying around everywhere!

Nintendo puts out quality merchandise, so if it is your machine, it must be a fluke

17. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Use it to play frisbee with your dog.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.