main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gamecube Vs Xbox

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Scott3eyez, Sep 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    One of the main reasons I got a GC is because after playing the N64's Zelda: OoT, I didn't want to feel excluded from the Zelda universe when TWW came out. I thought OoT was so great and submerging that I couldn't pass up another similar gaming experience.

TWW was awesome from the very moment I popped it in. I have no regrets whatsoever about buying a GC.

However, I utterly despise Rogue Leader. I hate that game.

2. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    "Gamecube seems to be a failing system with publishers and developers pulling their support so it would be safer to buy an xbox and wait for nintendo's next console to come out. It should be backwards compatible, so you can play the gamecube games on it that you always wanted to play. Until then, get an xbox"

The reason that some people feel that GC is failing is due to the fact that 3rd party developers for some reason do not choose to put thier games on GC. They usually opt for the X-box or PS2. What makes GC so good IMO is their classic games such as Zelda, Mario, etc...At least they did get the RE series thats good. But then they did lose Rare to Microsoft, and Rare always has made some of the best games.

Forcebewitya!

3. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    GC edged out PS2 in Japan sales recently (for a given month I think). XBox is still has abysmal sales in Japan.

4. Miin_Bodenna

Miin_Bodenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2002
    I'd be suprised if anybody here on this board was from Japan, so what does it matter? Sales meen nothing when you are looking for a console to buy.

5. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I think sales in Japan are irrelevant since the US has the largest video gaming market.

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Japan sales do influence japanese software companies to some extent though, which affect what is produced and what ultimately comes over here, so there is some relevance.

7. Scott3eyez

Scott3eyez Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2001
    Well, thanks for all the good advice to everyone who offered it. I have finally made my decision, and am now the proud owner of a platinum GameCube, along with Zelda, Mario Sunshine and Rogue Leader.

Hard as it was to walk past the KOTOR display, I'm going to wait for that to come out on PC- hopefully by then I'll have one that can handle decent games!

Thanks again for the replies.

8. JediKnight18

JediKnight18 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2002
    Good choice, I own both systems but I prefer GC over XBOX. If you ever regret not buying the xbox wait till October when Rebel strike comes out. You'll own the system with the best Star Wars game ever.

9. Miin_Bodenna

Miin_Bodenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2002
    Screw RS, thing about Halo 2! :p

10. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    I don't regret NOT getting an XBox. Gamecube and PS2 keep me occupied enough. They make some of the best games IMHO.

11. arabiansanchez

arabiansanchez Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    As a gamecube owner and loyal-ish nintendo supporter I'd have to say it's worth your money. If you're after sports titles look elsewhere, if you're looking for games like the upcoming final Fantasy CCand Metal Gear remake, the entire numerical Res Evil Series, decent SW games and a host of nintendo exclusives (Zelda, F-Zero, 1080, Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime (and 2) etc etc) then buy a cube.

Do I sound like a gusher? 8-}

12. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    ideally i would like to own all the game consoles, but damm it, i'm not a rich preppie
    :/

13. SuperVader

SuperVader Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2002
    X-box why u ask

Halo nuff said.

but Gamecube isnèt bad either and its got Zelda.

X-box also has Obi-wan.

14. Fettster

Fettster Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 7, 2003
    Oh, this I like:

"X-box why u ask

Halo nuff said.

but Gamecube isnèt bad either and its got Zelda.

X-box also has Obi-wan."

Halo will soon be available for PC; Obi-Wan is, from everything I've seen, not exactly one of the better SW games. No offense.

15. mosquave10

mosquave10 Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2003
    Obi-Wan is dire.

Great choice mate I only use my xbox for dvd, halo and KOTOR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.