main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games Console Idiot Needs Guidance.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Lizardmonkey, Nov 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lizardmonkey

Lizardmonkey Jedi Master star 2

May 21, 2002
    I am still stuck in the stone-age with my SNES. I want to have the internet, play DVDs, play games like Jedi Knight 1 + 2 and Jedi Starfighter - I want to dabble with digi-video and mess with audio-recordings. What's best for all of the above - X-Box, or Playstation 2?
    More detailed information the better!

2. SithDewd

SithDewd Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2000
    I myself plan on getting a X-Box so far Microsoft has a much better online plan in place. And with the deal that Microsoft is running now how could you not get one?

3. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
  4. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    I own a PS2, but from what you're describing you're probably better off with an Xbox.

5. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    If you want online play, Xbox is the way to go right now. Of course, this assumes you have broadband internet access.

6. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    DVD for X-Box does not support DTS and is a little brighter than PS2. Just something to think about. As for on-line play X-Box is the best solution.

7. Patrick Russell

Patrick Russell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    X-Box also has a lot more potential as far as new games go. There's a definite drop in game quality (especially where graphics are concerned) when you go from X-Box to PS2. PS2 is kind of the halfway point between PS and X-Box/GC.

But then again, PS2 plays all the old PS games as well, so there's that to consider.

My advice is to go with the X-Box, but that's just my personal preference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.