Games Forum Thread Index, FAQ and Suggestion Box

Discussion in 'Games' started by The2ndQuest, Aug 28, 2006.

1. SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer

star 5
    I FULLY AGREE WITH THE DECISION TO DEMOTE Handmaiden_Yane.
    HIS/HER INPUT INTO THE MANAGEMENT AND MODERATION OF THE Games BOARD HAVE BEEN MEAGER, INADEQUATE AND LIMITED AT BEST.
    S/HE ALSO SPENT AT LEAST AT LEAST TWO MONTHS OFF DURING WHICH TIME A TOTAL OF 0 OUT OF A POSSIBLE 0 INSTANCES OF SPAMMING AND TROLLING WERE DEALT WITH IN THE Games FORUM.
    THIS IS AN OUTRAGE. NO ONE SHOULD SPEND ANY TIME OFF FROM REMOVING THE INHERENT EVILS AND DANGERS OF THE INTERNET FROM TFN.

Automated Mod Response #239
  2. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The Search function not only sucks terribly, but might actually cause sterilization. Please, either fix it, or have it removed completely from Games.

3. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    The board search has long been completely useless. Unfortunately there's nothing we can do about it.
  4. Obi_Wan_01 Force Ghost

star 5
    How about putting this sticky thread at the top so that it won?t be missed by noobs and possibly results in less redundant threads. In addition, add some symbols to the thread title so that it stands out a bit more.

i.e. ::::: ~ Games Forum THREAD INDEX, FAQ and Suggestion Box ~ :::::

Also, fix that damn search function. Raise hell in Comms. NOW!

That is all.
  5. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Partial update posted- next gen cateories have finally been added, and additional thread links will be added shortly, but we wanted to get the basic in place sooner. Thanks again to Yane for working on this! ::)
  6. Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus

star 6
    The update is pretty much done...just at the point where I'm adding new threads.

7. plo_koom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Do something to cut down on the number spamvertisers or allow us to respond to their threads.
  8. Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus

star 6
    The Index has been updated again. :)
  9. roxez Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ummmm, why did we lose the sticky threads for the three consoles? They are still on the board, but no longer sticky.

Any particular reasoning?
  10. Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus

star 6
    They were stickied to promote the new consoles but now it's been two years for the 360 and one year for both the Wii and the PS3 and I guess the mods just figured that enough time has gone on and the threads have enough traffic to promote themselves

Or something.

EDIT:
    Also they are under the different company links in the Index Table and then under Important Links for that company's page.
  11. HemDazon90 Jedi Knight

star 3
    change the banner please!
  12. Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus

star 6
  13. SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer

star 5
  14. Evil_X_13 Jedi Knight

star 2
    The banner now needs some work on it but its decent
  15. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I have a suggestion.

Let's all stop the seemingly lame attempts at being obscure with thread titles for games, trying to be cool? Probably half the reason n00bs have difficulty in finding the thread they want.

And the amount of garbage people are talking these days, i.e: sexual references and references toward violence.

I mean this kind of thing is just totally rediculous and completely unneccessary:

Leto II: (whoever he is) Times ten million difficulty, and amped up on enough steroids to liquify the nuts of Jeff Wode and Roger Clemens, and STILL do your mom in front of your dad and siblings, and then have a smoke afterward. There's a reason the first Xbox game (and its Sigma incarnation) landed at #1 on X-Play's "Top 10 Hardest Games of All Time" list yesterday.

Honesly, WT[h]?! and yes, I used 'F' If people can get away with this kind of talk, and others can say they want to go and murder someone because of a pathetic game video and get away with it. Why the **** can't we swear? I mean, this other talk is hardly a friendly "fun for the whole family" environment the TOS requires... so hey, who cares about swearing anymore?

Still can't swear to make a point, unfortunately.
  16. Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yeah, I've been wanting to edit the titles for awhile now. I'll include that in the next update.
  17. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Soooo...??? What's going on?
  18. Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I have a day off tomorrow. :p We'll see.
  19. Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus

star 6
    So I went through and gathered all the threads that needed to be added and also the ones in the Index that needed name changes. The Index should be updated on the website pretty soon.
  20. sanjeedabanu Jedi Youngling

21. Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus

star 6
    The Index has been updated! :)

There are still a few threads I missed, however, and I'll be fixing those soonish.
  22. SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer

star 5
    This banner is terrible. We should definitely change it.
  23. DarthBobbalot Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I agree, it makes Jabba look fat.
  24. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The MOD is terrible. I suggest we change him. :p

Well done Solo, now... make changes so this place doesn't suck :) Good lad.

Crumpet?
  25. SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer

star 5
    That wasn't a suggestion :(