Games of Thrones Score

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Barriss_Coffee, Jun 25, 2013.

Moderators: Darth_Nub
  1. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    Game of Thrones now has three soundtracks released, all by Ramin Djawadi (of Iron Man fame). If you've not checked them out, you should probably add that near the top of your bucket list or something. The newest score (Season 3's) might arguably be the best of the bunch, if only because he does some really epic stuff with the character themes.

And that's what sets GoT's music apart from many soundtracks out there -- Djawadi is apparently quite the fan of the art of character motifs (as can be heard in this excellent compilation of the first two seasons here). And he knows how to use them, since one theme might have several variations (epic, somber, etc) or combine with other themes to fit the plot.

Also he nailed the main theme.

Aegon Starcaster likes this.
  2. JediKnight20043 Force Ghost

star 5
    Definitely need to pick up these soundtracks. I love the main theme. Been trying to learn it on the piano but the sheet music I found is a bit rubbish.
    Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  3. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    Good luck with that! I noticed there are quite a few piano versions online, so there must be a good one out there somewhere. The Lannister theme (Rains of Castemere) also seems popular among the piano crowd.
    JediKnight20043 likes this.
  4. Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Master

star 3
  5. JediKnight20043 Force Ghost

star 5
    That's pretty awesome. And gives me an idea for another thread. Presuming it hasn't been done already.
  6. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    Season finales always have the best tracks.

7. Aegon Starcaster Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    These are awesome!

Still, I would love to hear the Patchface symphony perform from the album "Predictions from Dragonstone"
    But since he hasn't appeared in the show, I don't supposed I'll be getting to hear any of that.
    Well, anyway...

Under the sea the mermen feast on starfish soup, and all the serving men are crab
    Under the sea, the birds have scales for feathers. I know. I know
    It is always summer under the sea. The merwives wear nennymoans in their hair and weave gowns of silver seaweed. I know. I know
    Under the sea it snows up, and the rain is dry as bone. I know. I know
    Under the sea, you fall up. I know. I know
    Here we eat fish, under the sea, the fish eat us. I know. I know
    Under the sea no one wears hats. I know. I know
    Under the sea, smoke rises in bubbles, and flames burn green and blue and black. “I know, I know, oh, oh, oh.
    Last edited by Aegon Starcaster, Jul 30, 2013
    DarthBoba likes this.
Moderators: Darth_Nub