Games: RPG Forum Administration and Announcements

Discussion in 'Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by dp4m, Feb 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrobiWanKenobi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks for the explaination, that's exactly what I was looking for. I had no idea that someone, aside from a Mod, could lock a thread.

As for your question: It's a project that myself and about a dozen other members of the SWRPG community have been working on for a couple months. Right now it looks like it'll be larger than any other Star Wars resource availible (official or unofficial). We started this since WotC has said they don't have it planned for anytime in the near future (meaning a least not before Ep3).
  2. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    Sounds cool, Frobi. I think I had heard of it before. I hope you release it without problems. :)
  3. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    I hope even more that WOTC buys the rights to it! I'd LOOOOOOOVE something like that to be official! :)

(plus when you get filthy rich off of it, you can buy us all copies... ;))
  4. Darth_Kevin Force Ghost

star 5
    As author he should get some complementary copies he could pass around to all of us! ;)
  5. FrobiWanKenobi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Guys, it'll be availible for download by anyone.
  6. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    Uh, this might be a stupid suggestion but... er... what about a forum banner?
  7. Fingorfin Jedi Master

star 4
    Sounds like a good idea. Does anyone in this forum know how to make such things?
  8. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    I can give it a go, but if there's someone more professional (or wants to give it a try in any case), I'm ALL for it! :)
  9. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    I know how (the technical side, I've studied it to be ready when my FanForce becomes an official chapter :p)... but I'm the worst artist in this side of the galaxy [face_blush]
  10. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    Nobody wants to try to draw a banner? Come on, we RPGers are supposed to be good artists - I thought I was the only exception to the rule. :p
  11. Tremaniac Jedi Knight

star 3
    Bob Ross has more artistic talent in his dead pinky toe than I have in my whole body. Of course he's dead and I have a degree in something that can get me a job, so I'm not complaining.
  12. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 7
  13. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    Our very own banner?!? dp, you rule.

Sadly, people get confused between the "Role Playing Forum" and "Games: RPG"...

But we can have our own banner whenever we want. A motiviated regular should feel free to design one and send me a link to evaluate. If I like it, I'll put it up. :D
  14. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    Oh, so it was an error. :( Well, there's still hope. :)

And you rule anyway, don't worry :p
  15. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 7
  16. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    I will be on vacation starting tomorrow (really, this evening) until Wednesday, August 13th.

If there any issues, please contact the following:

- Protege-of-Thrawn for people starting RPF threads in Games: RPG (he's the RPF mod), or...
    - jp-30 for other general Forum issues.

I tend to doubt there will be any serious issues, but let them know if there are. :)
  17. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    Just so you know, I'm trying to do a banner for the Games: RPG forum. :) I don't even know if I'm even gonna finish it :p but I'll give it a try...
  18. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    Sweet! Get crackin'... ;)
  19. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    Okay. A snapshot of a rough draft of my banner project. Yeah, I know, it's not even half finished, the curve hasn't been polished, no background, no style spreadsheets... This is just so you know I'm actually working on it. ;)

[image=http://www.iespana.es/biyu/GamesRPGbanner-alpha.jpg]
  20. Fingorfin Jedi Master

star 4
    Looks like some good work there, JoinTheSchwarz.
  21. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    Looks good so far. The only suggestions I'd have is to a) try and include some actual dice in the design somewhere (either in the banner or the ad placeholders) and b) try and include some D6 artwork somewhere. It's older but people still love it.

Those are suggestions though, not requirements so feel free to ignore me. ;)
  22. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    Thanks for your comments, guys! :)

Yeah, I want to add more D6 tibdits and maybe play around with the Living Force characters. I was planning to have Platt Okeefe in that empty space, and I'm surfing through my D6 sourcebooks looking for more good original art. And the adholders are dice: these two are out of place and are temporary (well, in fact, these are two of my icons, I just wanted to test how they looked :p). I'll kepp working on it. :)
  23. Fingorfin Jedi Master

star 4
    Dice icons? :cool:
    I would probably trade this guy in for a D20 icon. Now if only there were a way to get dice and drinks into the same icon... :p
  24. Stormtrooper-dude Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey guys, I think CRPG's should included in this forum cause technically it is an RPG, just a technologically advanced one.
  25. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    Request denied!

Sorry, but that's what the Games: Video and Boardgames is for.

If you'd like to compare CRPGs to the PnP RPGs, that's a "here" thing.

Enjoy!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.