main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games staff. A big welcome to...

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by jp-30, Aug 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 27, 2000
    Welcome, Night. Unlike the mojority of the people here, I occasionally poke my head outside the Games forum, so I know your name well. :D

Conn:

but no one pitches hissy fits when epople are modded.

As a quick reality check to see if we're both going to the same JC here, I'll point out that most people who bitch about mods do it after the mod has been in power for a little while, and stepped on the toes of the complainer.

2. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    I'm just going to clear up a few points here. First of all, I made the final decision to have Night join the team. I was in need of help, and at the time he and Josh were talking, so I agreed.

Now keep in mind that there is a hell of a lot more then just posting news on the page. If that was the case, I could easily do it by myself. The fact of the matter is, the page needs a good redesign, and since Night had already come up with some great ideas, I was more then willing to let him join the team.

With Night on board, a lot of the areas I was hoping to have on the site last year can be delt with here, as my time is split between this and Uni, so a second hand speeds of the process quickly.

For those here on the boards who think anyone should be part of the TFNGames site, think again. You not only need writing skills, but html skills, the ability to communicate in a fair and decent manner with all people who check out the site, keep up to date with all LucasArts and Star Wars releated news 24/7, keep in contact with industry insiders .... the list goes on and on.

And I won't just pick someone that thinks they have what it takes. Both Night and PB before him were both hard working, and helped me out whenever it was needed.

As for the forums here, I am working hard to bring it closer to the site, but that does not mean that the content should be the same. TFNGames is for Star Wars and LucasArts only news and information, the forums are a place to chat about it. If you don't like the direction both the site and forum are taking then please speak up and say so.

But as far as I am concerned, TFNGames and the Games Forum are better now then they ever have been, and there are still improvements that are and will be made in the coming months.

Both JP, Night and I are a team. If you wish to be a part of that team, then post your ideas for the site and forums. They will help us and, in the long run, you.

3. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "...keep up to date with all LucasArts and Star Wars releated news 24/7..."

Dude, the main page isn't even run that way. Don't people send stuff in most of the time and you guys just post it?

[image=http://bestanimations.com/Sci-Fi/StarWars/Emporer-01.gif]
    ~Sithman~

4. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    Sithman-

I just felt a few of the others here are much more avid gamers and have a much more expansive knowledge of games than you

I'm positive you're right. But the simple fact is, I can't convince Josh to add more staff, so I need your help. I play most SW PC games. I play PSX. I have Atari! (holy grail of gaming!) SNES & N64. I play some Soldier of Fortune. I play some Ghost Recon (demos I'm 16, no$$$$$)

I want, i need your help to make the section great. And what's more, I have no qualms whatsoever about making an About Page or a Credits page for the games forum listing each and every web site part people contributed. If you give me a walkthrough for a game, that's up there. If you give me A code, i'll thank you, but i don't think it'll go up there. I'm being honest here.

SC-

I'll make you a bet....

If in 8 months TFN Games is getting more hits/day than Spark games, you have to put "Night4554 0wns m3" in your sig for a month. If Spark gets more, I'll make my colors the most horid immaginable (you pick) for as long as I can before getting yelled at by the admins and put "SoloCommand 0wns m3 - and i lik2 it!!!!" in my sig for 4 weeks.

:D

jp-
    "And since the TFN Games is supposed to relate the forums (50% of which is non-SW)

Utter nonsense. tfn/games is and always will be Star Wars related (with a bit of other Lucasarts product in the mix). "

that's right unfortunetly.

pat-fett-

Sithman-

Dude, the main page isn't even run that way. Don't people send stuff in most of the time and you guys just post it?

I'm not on the games@theforce.net list so I don't know if that's where Mark gets his news, but it's definetly not where I get mine. What I use is Spyonit, which emails me whenever a site was changed. I added some 15-20 sites to it. Since SpyOnIt is under a redesign right now, I manually go and check those 15-20 sites every coupla of hours. That's where I get my news anyway. I'm *hoping* now that the cat is out of the box that you people will email me news items I miss. I always add a "Source: " if I get it from a website, and I'll always add a "Thanks to [] for the heads up" or something to that effect if someone emails me.

¤Night

5. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Right, Challenge Accepted.

*gets to work on the Spark Games TV adverts and the poster campaign*

6. Night4554

Oct 9, 2000
    D'OH!

//goes back to work

¤Night

7. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Night4554

Night4554

Night4554

Night4554

8. Night4554

Oct 9, 2000
    aw that's nothing compared to what colors I was boasting when I was a vIP from the Scav Hunt

¤Night

9. SoloCommand

Jun 15, 2001
    Urghh, I remember that, you changed colour every 5 minutes. Enough to give you a migrane :p

10. Theedage

Theedage Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2001
    teh asdf > colors

11. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Nevermind all the not-so-nice comment I made about you before Night, I now LOVE YOU. Yes, I LOVE YOU. Truly, deeply.

[face_plain]

~Sithman~

12. Night4554

Oct 9, 2000
    :-\

Well, give it time, hopefully You'll learn to tolerate me at least.

¤Night

13. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    No, I do! Really!

~Sithman~

For continuing this childish ranting against our new staff member after being privately warned to stop, I'm giving you 48 hours to calm down. Upon your return I expect you to have dealt with this situation as every other person in this thread who was initially surprised by the appointment of Night has been able to do.

14. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Just a quicky, most of the news we post comes from reader emails, but both Night and I check many of the websites for any important news that may have been overlooked or forgotten.

We can't post every single news item, but we can damn well try to :)

15. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Crikey - what a thread for ya Night! Anyhoo - Congrates and Good Luck, with Sithy around - you're gonna need it!

May The Force Be With You.

and I hope he doesn't drive you to the Dark Side!

:D :p ;)

16. SoloCommand

Jun 15, 2001
    You guys get e-mails? :p

17. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 27, 2000
    Yeah, welcome again! :D

18. Night4554

Oct 9, 2000
    Thanks guys, and SoloC, apparently, yes we do. I'll ask Mark to add me to the list so i get them too though :D

And SC, guess what? Both Me and Mark have extended that bet. Now you have to add "Mark and Night 0wn m3, and I like it!" to your sig for a month if (when) you lose. :D

¤Night

19. SoloCommand

Jun 15, 2001
    THIS MAENS WARE!!!11111111!!!11111!!!!!!!

*starts implementing 'schemes'* :D

*thinks about ThrustWorld breifly* :p

20. Theedage

Theedage Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2001
    Quick, someone do the shuffle truffle.

21. audio_karate

audio_karate Jedi Master star 3

Jul 23, 2001
    Congratulations, and good luck, Night. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.