main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games you can't beat

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Whizkid, Nov 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whizkid

Whizkid Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003

I usually beat a game before I buy or rent a new one. However, some games just seem impossible to beat. I've had XvsT: BOP for some time now and I still can't beat the second to last imperial level. Also, I have been stuck on Tatooine in Jedi Power Battles for almost a year. Does anybody else have games they just can't seem to beat?

2. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Actually, i've never had a game i can't beat at some time or another.

3. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    The Two Towers for PS2. I can't beat the second to last level.

4. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Homeworld 2: ridiculously hard!

It alternates between easy-hard, easy-hard levels. It took luck and profanity-class language to finally beat the fourth mission, though I'm now on the last.

I derived no enjoyment from the game. You work so hard to protect your ragtag fleet at all costs you can't have fun.

5. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    I've had the game for 11 years now and it's one of my favorites, but I still can't beat FLASHBACK for the Sega Genesis. I've never been able to figure out the final alien homeworld levels.

6. WindexedStormtrooper

WindexedStormtrooper Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Punch Out. Still to this day I can't beat Mike.

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    'SW:Bounty Hunter' - the Death Stick Factory level. I coded it to move on but have not gone back to finish it. I kept dying in the flying sections (much bad language used when dying on the electric floors). By the time I got beyond the conveyor belt sections I had one or two lives left and lost them to the Bando Gora snipers. Since I recently got the Xploder V3 cheat system, I am going to go back with the infinite continues and finish the level at some point.

8. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    Punch Out!

What a fun game that was, from skinny Glass Joe, to King Hippo's pants falling down, to the spinning Tiger man to Mach Man shaking his boobs at me . . .

. . . if you press select sometimes you get more energy.

9. ForceMaster101

ForceMaster101 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 30, 2003
    Donkey Kong 64

10. GrandMoffTarkin

GrandMoffTarkin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 22, 2001
    Plo Koon in Jedi Power Battles. Damn that was annoying. Every other character, even the bonus ones with blasters. Just not him. Dammit.

11. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Metroid and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 :p

12. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Homeworld 2: ridiculously hard!

It alternates between easy-hard, easy-hard levels. It took luck and profanity-class language to finally beat the fourth mission, though I'm now on the last.

I derived no enjoyment from the game. You work so hard to protect your ragtag fleet at all costs you can't have fun.

The game is hard, if you hoard money, have self added ships in there (because the game has a dynamic system where if you have lots of money and lots of ships, it will throw a equal number of ships at you)

I loved the game because of the difficulty and trying to get around it, mission 4 is hard if you use frigates to early.

bombers are your friends, always have max bomber squadrons with assault corvettes to help defend them , they shred capital ships.

if your also having problems, use probes and marine frigs to distract the enemy since they really really hate them, and minelayer corvettes too. Gives you time to blast them to pieces.

13. DarthLuxor

DarthLuxor Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    The Two Towers for PS2. I can't beat the second to last level.
    Same here, and it's annoying to go through those 20 minutes to reach the end just to fail.

I would say Xenogears. I could never beat the final boss (gear battles suck), and finally after all these years later someone on another forum gave me some codes so I could at least see the ending before XenoSaga came out.

14. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    I still can't beat Zelda II: The Adventure of Link. [face_plain]

Rick McCallum loves you!

15. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    If you cant beat TTT try switching the difficulty no shame in that. I cant beat bounty hunter. Ive only beaten about three levels in that.

16. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    TMNT and Castlevania for NES. I've had them for 8-9 years and still haven't beaten them.

17. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    The later stages of Castlevania were indeed challenging. Four touches and you're out. The Grimreaper and Dracula-Monster Dracula were @#$%*!

The trick is to advance across the screen as fast as possible. Never stop to fight for too long. More flying critters will come for you.

18. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I've had the game for 11 years now and it's one of my favorites, but I still can't beat FLASHBACK for the Sega Genesis. I've never been able to figure out the final alien homeworld levels.

I beat Flashback easily. One tactic I often used with Conrad went like this; roll forward, turn, shoot, roll, turn, shoot. You do this when the aliens are 3/4 of the way towards you.

I can't beat Jagged Alliance 2 - stupid last city!

E_S

19. JediStrider

JediStrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2002
    FF Tactics. I've been playing for what seems like years (wait, it has been years).

20. Unholy_BlackMetal

Unholy_BlackMetal Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
    i was always stuck at one part in flashback. not even near the end either. it was on the second world, after i traded in something at the store/bank, there was always one door i couldn't figure out how to unlock. but i sold my sega

warriors of might & magic 2 on NES is almost impossible to beat. i made it all the way to the end battle, but its insane, as you have to fight on a super small mountain top, against all four elements, AT ONCE! of course, the major problem is wind, as its attack blows you off the mountain. i tried and tried, but never beat that game. i finally gave up when i sold my nes.

on a side note, a couple months ago, me & some friends beat a game that not to many people beat. MAXIMUM CARNAGE! it took lots of trial & error, but we learned how to kick $#@. it was a real nailbiter, as the last boss battle came down to the very last life, last speck of health. it was a one hit kill for both of us, but we beat it. we were happy to say the least!

21. Scott3eyez

Scott3eyez Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2001
    Snake on the Nokia 3210

8-}

22. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    'SW:Bounty Hunter' - the Death Stick Factory level. I coded it to move on but have not gone back to finish it. I kept dying in the flying sections (much bad language used when dying on the electric floors). By the time I got beyond the conveyor belt sections I had one or two lives left and lost them to the Bando Gora snipers. Since I recently got the Xploder V3 cheat system, I am going to go back with the infinite continues and finish the level at some point.

I don't know if you can do this with Xploder, but it can be done with Gameshark: use the "infinite jetpack" cheat and the deathstick factory level will be much, much easier (still challenging though).

23. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    ghosts 'n' goblins for the NES.

there is no save feature only infinite continues. i once got through all the way to the end only to realize that you had to go through the whole damn thing twice to get the real ending!!!

24. Stormtrooper-dude

Stormtrooper-dude Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 2003
    JKll.

Could never beat the first level!! Then I got a walkthrough and it was fun, but still! I am a sad, sad man. Fun multiplayer though!

25. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Call me dumb but I could never get pas the water stage where you defuse the bombs in TMNT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.