main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Games

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SithForceLord, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Look how utterly stunning we are. Dead / locked topics on the first page. I bet even the Mexican FF doesn't have that to gloat about [face_plain]

Right, I just picked up "Star Wars: Empire at War"

Anyone else bought any new games recently???

I played the demo of this a few months back and it seems pretty cool, and the geek at the computer game store today said the space battles are the best part of the game (but the space battles are 2d - just like on land - so we'll see.

2. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    I've been playing Need for Speed Most Wanted, the game is the best N4S game I have played!

3. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    //Fan Force crashing//

You guys are a lot more lively than um...mine.:p

What do you think of EaW? I'm gonna be trying to get some games together next week with it, as I haven't tried multiplayer yet.

4. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Hey mate.

I will probably try the game today (hung over from St Patricks night). I've only really had a chance to install the thing.

Might be keen for an MP game sometime :)

5. Star_Rocker

Star_Rocker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    EaW looks good...Is It???
    I think I might go buy it...*looks at his walet*
    Hmmm Maybe not:p

6. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    From what I've skimmed through on the GAMES forum of these forums there's a few bad things with it.

Maps are small.
    Maps are not random (ie: you go to a planet and that is the map, everytime you go, so you know where things are)
    Buildings are fixed, you can't choose to place a barracks here or there, it's where the game says it is and that's that.
    Apparently the Rebel Tank's are heavily in favour of kicked imperial arse.

I've just started playing, it's not bad and looks like it will keep me busy (which is what I bought it for and esp now).

7. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Bought Psychonauts yesterday for $40 at the gpstore.co.nz sale.

It's made by Tim Shafer the guy behind LucasArts classics Day of the Tentacle & Grim Fandango. But now I need to buy a DVD-ROM to install it. I knew it was DVD before I bought it, and I've been meaning to purchase a DVD rom for years, so a good excuse to finally take the plunge.

As for the game, it's wildly original.

Psychonauts concerns the adventures of a young boy named Razputin ("Raz" for short) who runs away from home to Whispering Rocks Psychic Summer Camp. In addition to arts and crafts and campfire sing-alongs, Whispering Rocks offers advanced training to future generations of America's foremost psychic warriors, the Psychonauts. It's Raz's dream to become a psychonaut, and nothing, not even a giant psychic fish in the lake or a conspiracy to take over the world, is going to stop him.

http://www.psychonauts.com/

[image=http://www.psychonauts.com/images/screens/MIFL_1.jpg] [image=http://www.psychonauts.com/images/screens/Psychonauts3.jpg] [image=http://www.psychonauts.com/images/screens/Boyds-House.jpg]

Read a review here if you're curious.

8. YouAgain

Dec 20, 2001
    The graphics look like crap.....

9. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    These sorts of games are not developed for the sole purpose of looking glossy my young friend.

10. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Umm. The graphics look absolutely stunning. The game has won many awards for art direction.

11. YouAgain

Dec 20, 2001
    it looks like something my 7 year old brother would like playing.... :p

12. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    He probably would. That's the beauty of well-designed games.

13. DARTHDREDD71

DARTHDREDD71 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2005
    The ultimate Star Wars game would be a fighting game using the Soul Calibur engine.Just featuring jedi And Sith Characters and associated backgrounds.Just imagine Luke Skywalker and Count Dooku fighting in the Theed generator room.

14. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Darth_Graal you lurking little blighter! Hope all is well with the family and love to everyone.

Now, if you've been looking for a bit of a cool space flight sim type game (cause I know you like 'em)

Check this thread out!

I downloaded the demo today (900MB, but worth it). Have a read of my thoughts in that thread. :)

I know time is limited with a young family, but if you get some spare time, I'd recommend it for some gaming relaxation. ;)

edit = oh, and I picked up Da Vinci Code PC game the other day; it's nice :) And almost finished a single player campaign as the Empire in 'Empire at War', not a bad game, but pretty average really. Quite limited really, but then... it is RTS [face_plain]

15. Star_Rocker

Star_Rocker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    but then... it is RTS [face_plain]

What's that suppose to mean. I love RTS games.:-B

16. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    well... you're not me and IMO and RTS are average.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.