Gaming at Past, Present,Future for 4/21/02...

Discussion in 'Ft. Lauderdale, FL' started by AxtonTredway, Apr 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AxtonTredway Jedi Knight

star 2
    As your gamemaster I welcome each and every member to attend this following week's gaming session. You won't need your character sheets as we will be using pre-generated characters for this adventure. The reason is that we are "going back in time" in the storyline when all your characters were aboard the Legacy's Pride on the way to Mon Calamari. Ch'det, Axton, and Char-Char went back to Coruscant at the Chancellor's request. We are reconstructing the events from the time we left in Ch'det's shuttle through the time we "miraculously" appeared out of hyperspace at the end of your battle with those mysterious "H" shaped ships.
    It was my opinion that it would be better to demonstrate the game mechanics with characters most people would only use once. You can make tactical mistakes with these characters, even get them killed, and not worry about the character you just spent 3 hrs. developing!
    Just remember, I have gotten many concerns from players who are concerned about their fluency with this game system and the thing you have to realize is that EVERYBODY is new to this system! Relax. Just use your imagination....It got you this far, didn't it?....Or you wouldn't even be with us. Yes, it's(the system) new to everybody, including myself...and... I HAVE TO KEEP TRACK OF ALL 21 OF YOU PLUS MY NPC's, MAINTAIN STORYLINE CONTINUITY, ADDRESS VARIATIONS CREATED BY MY OWN HOUSE RULES,(because I'm an obsessive compulsive when it comes to gaming rules. Characters have to have flaws,too!), and MAKE SURE THE GAME DOESN'T BOG DOWN SO EVERYONE HAS FUN!....Besides, I've intenionally chosen this venue so that people CAN learn the D20 system without being too self-conscious. If anybody has specific questions re. what your character can or cannot do just ask me.
    Looking forward to seeing everyone there. There's another thing to remember as well...This is YOUR story. You guys make it whatever you want("Your focus determines your reality")I have a generalized script for how things "might" turn out...But no gamemaster can forsee the consequences of every action that every character may make. You guys might surprise me.....But I still always have a bag of tricks up my sleeve! :)

-Axe
  2. GixNeWay Jedi Padawan

I'll be trying my damndest to make it there. I'm really anxious to finally play out the storyline with all of you.
  3. Sinlock_Shad-dow Jedi Knight

star 1
    Axton,

I will most likely be there.

Right now one of the Elders of my clan is in the MedComplex. But it wiil most likely not present a timeing conflict.

I have made up my mind to build 2 "RPGs". One to fit my costume. And one for RPG play, I will need a new name for this one. But need a backgroung first.

I have a few ideas but need help putting it in to a RPG that will fit in with the group.

Sinlock Shad-dow
  4. stacey113 Jedi Master

star 4
    I for one am looking forward to Sunday very much. Our last session was lots of fun. As Axe said we are all new to this gaming system and I am going to take this opportunity to learn as much as I can! I think we will all have a blast.
  5. AxtonTredway Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, the rpg game session is tomorrow and I'm looking forward to seeing all who can make it to Past,Present, Future. First, I would like to thank the people at Lost Realms who let us game there last time. However, "it is far too a remote location for an effective demonstration", and we thought our new location would be more centrally located for everybody.
    Next, I'm a bit nervous, myself, because I know each one of you are creative people who can stump even me in a simulation! I'm working on some game focus and props with the assistance of our Assistant GM, Chris. He's been a tremendous help and I will personally see he gets credit.(and xp's!)I've been keeping track of everybody's xp's so don't worry about that much! Tomorrow most people will be playing mostly npc's so don't worry and just have fun!

I need a quick RSVP if you can....probably should have thought of this earlier....Who's coming tomorrow?....I'll have enough characters for everybody, but it will help me to fine tune.....Thanks!

-Axe
  6. AxtonTredway Jedi Knight

star 2
    Where are the Cheato's?!....Can I have a Mountain Dew?!....Got you covered!

-Axe
  7. GixNeWay Jedi Padawan

Well, I've got good new, and bad news.

The Good news is that my mother gave birth Wednesday morning 12:30 am to a little girl, named Sarah. Yep, I've got a new little sister to tra...er, uhm...guide...into fandom.

The bad news is that a recurring illness I have has unfortunately shown it's head again and I won't be able to make it tomorrow. I know, I'm a bad person, but I would really prefer that I wasn't around during the few days I'm still contagious.

So, I guess I'll see you all the next time. Hopefully, I won't be sick.
  8. stacey113 Jedi Master

star 4
    Roll the dice to see if I'm getting drunk.
    Are there any guys there?
  9. COsk_DoSine Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey Everybody,
    I want to thank everyone who showed up on Sunday, I think that we all had a really good time at the gaming. And I just had to let some things happen that were too funny, i.e. CharChar's tongue attack... I think that he needs a new weapon skill for tongue.....
    I hope that everyone who was there got a little better feel for the new d20 system....
  10. stacey113 Jedi Master

star 4
    I learned alot yesterday. I am sorry I was late. It was good that we were not playing with our actual characters. The character I was playing got killed! I hope my dice a nicer to me next time. I can't wait!
  11. KierynFelaris Jedi Knight

And never fear, Lune Cha'boks will be making another appearance... when you least expect it no doubt.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.