Gaming Info

Discussion in 'Chattanooga, TN' started by SarkaVrae, Nov 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SarkaVrae Force Ghost

star 5
    I thought a new thread just for gaming stuff should be here.

We got HALO2, Limited Collector's Edition (in the metal box) yesterday and played last night.
    I like co-op on HALO(1), but for some reason they have decided to change the split-screen view from horizontal to vertical. I didn't fool around with it much, so it may be something I can change, but for default it was awful. You feel like you can't see (b/c it's gone from panoramic view to long view). It's also 1st person view (again, may be fixable, but I couldn't find it last night) which made the horizontally split screen even crazier!

Anyway, I was again dissapointed that the co-op play also limits what you see of the story/movies. Why?? Anyway--anyone else have thoughts on this?

Feel free to post about any games (video, card, etc) that you are currently playing, learning to play, etc.
  2. JediJones420 Jedi Padawan

Yeah I got Halo 2 also. Haven't tried the Co-op play yet, but going on X Box Live is awesome with it. I love how you can only hear people's voices through their headsets if they are close by. A sweet lil' touch.

Overall I am thrilled to have this game. It looks so damn beautiful, plays really well, and is practically built for multiplayer. It has already ruined two nights of sleep, I think I might have to deprive myself of rest for another night to continue the fight against the covinent scum. We should all get together sometime and have a LAN party. If you're ever on Live and are looking for a partner (or an enemy)....look me up.....jedijones420
  3. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I recently rented the PS2 game Lord of the Rings: The Third Age. If you played any of the other LOTR games, this one's different. Instead of being a button pusher, it's more like a traditional RPG. Combat is settled in turns. You decide what each character will do (attack, special attack, heal, spells, etc) than you see what happens and what the enemy does. You level up by gaining experience points and you equip yourself with things you find along the way. You also pick up other characters along the way. At first, you are a soldier from Gondor who run across a Ringwraith. Of course you can't beat him (at least not this early in the game), but a lady elf stops the killing blow and joins up with you. It's kind of a mystery as to where she is leading you as you start to get clues that she was looking for you for some reason.

The story seems to be during the Trilogy. Actually, Gandalf narrates the story as you move from place to place. At one time, you come across one of the Fellowship's campsites and he mentions you only being a few days behind them. Not sure where this leads next, but it's pretty fun so far.
  4. SarkaVrae Force Ghost

star 5
    OK--my initial problems with Halo2 have been resolved. It ended up being some stupid setting in my xbox that we had to adjust. Tho I'm still not clear as to why. But anyway....the game is wonderful! It rocks! Graphics are crisp, plot is fun, etc etc. Plus I get to play on "the other side" and see more story....so all in all, very good game so far. :)

Vesper--I'm glad you did that review on the LOTR game--I have not been impressed with the other LOTR games--very limited in scope if you ask me. But this RPG sounds intriguing and more in line with what I like. I guess I'll be shelling out another $50 for that soon enough. And I still want Fable....and then KOTOR2....and XBOX LIVE.....*sigh* a person could go broke keeping up with this kind of habit!!
  5. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Oh yes... gaming is addictive and expensive! The only thing I'm not sure about (I don't have the manual, so it may be talked about in it) is that you seem to "level up" after just a couple of battles. When you level up, you gain a couple of attribute points that you can assign to your Strength, Dexterity, Speed, Constitution, etc. Coming from a D&D background, it's a little weird to have numbers in the 20's on all of these already, so I'm not really sure how high they can go and what some of them are for. There's a Dexterity and Speed attribute. What is good for what? Having a manual would help with this game.

The other cool thing (if you like the Final Fantasy games) is that you can have the characters "learn" special attack moves. Like Orc Bane (where a neat little animation shows your character deliver a much nastier blow to orcs, and cause more damage). In the case of Elves, they seem to learn spells, and rangers learn archery-type skills like precision shots. Anyway, I'm still early in the game, but I've always liked the RPG-type video games.

As far as the other LOTR games, I've played them as well. They are ok, but I've never finished any of them. I'll play for awhile, but I just haven't got into them as much as some others.

Oh yes... I'm also waiting for KOTOR2. That IS coming out for the PC, right? It better, or I'll be getting an XBOX as well!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.