main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Gaming on a Sunday Afternoon: E3 2018

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by The2ndQuest , Jun 2, 2018.

1. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I'm looking forward to Nintendo, Sony and Square-Enix in that order. I'll probably try to watch them live, but it depends. The rest, like EA and Microsoft, I'll just read the recaps. Its not time yet for the next console generation (and there will be at least one more, despite the regular predictions), but we're probably nearing the beginning of the end of the eighth generation.

Its probably too early for official Pokemon eighth generation stuff, they'll probably save that for next year. Smash will be huge of course, most likely a release date sometime in the last quarter of the year (hopefully). Though I don't think they'll ever top that Smash trailer (especially without the late great Iwata). They've done a good job keeping the Switch library active, so I'm looking forward to the rest of the year.

KH3 official date at long, long last will be big too. Maybe a FF7 trailer too. Just hope no more delays by now.

Sony's got their heavyweight titles of Last of Us and Death Stranding. I wonder if its time for a PS4 price cut, though that could depend on Microsoft, who might be getting a bit desperate to improve their standing. This is just random guessing, but I wouldn't be surprised by an Xbox price cut (there's already a XBox console sale going on right now). Which reminds me, there's a few Playstation Network games I got to buy when the PSN sale starts.

Persona 3 and 5 dancing have been confirmed for early next year (so the Vita is only mostly dead in North America). And there's rumor of a Tales of Vesperia port after a password locked site was found. Maybe the PS3 enhanced version will finally be translated (probably for PS4, maybe Xbox, but I wouldn't bet on that).

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Wait really? That'd rock, I always liked Vesperia but never got around to beating it.

Something to look forward to from the third party infodumps, I suppose.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The “shocking” Splatoon 2 news that a magazine leak was hyping the other week for tomorrow seems to be about spy gear. One presumes there’ll be more to it than just costume gear, so I’m guessing we can expect info on any mechanics or features related to that tomorrow or during E3 itself.

There was a PvZGW2? I never noticed anything about that. Still a shame the first wasn’t a Wii U title- gameplay elements like the drone seemed tailored made for the GamePad.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  4. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    Yeah, PvZ:GW2 released early 2016, having pretty much been overshadowed by Battlefront in terms of marketing throughout all of 2015.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  5. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Totally unsurprising, though; the EA/Nintendo feud is probably the longest standing beef in the entire industry at this point.

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, which still blows my mind. Like, of course Nintendo wasn't going to use Origin for their online service. No one wants to use Origin for their online service.

7. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Oh it’s way older than that, EA first got really pissed off back in the NES era because of the cartridge manufacturing model, and I’m tempted to argue neither company has ever really gotten over it.

8. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Hoping for Splinter Cell. I think we’ll get it.

Hoping to see Metroid Prime footage.

I’d like a Superman announcement but I’m doubtful.

Grievousdude likes this.
  9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Really? I hadn't heard about that. Well, I know a lot of companies squirmed at Nintendo's cart operation, but hadn't heard anything specific to EA. The drought of the last 6-8 years from them has been mostly due to the Origin situation, though, AFAIK.

10. Lenea_Sandstrider

Lenea_Sandstrider Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    While Sony may only do four games, there's at least a decent possibility they tease Devil May Cry 5 as well. There's been rumors on that one for like, half a year. And they just bought up the domain name, which frankly, would be a **** move this close to E3 if you're not going to show the game.

(let me have my dreams okay)

11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    EA usually has the worst E3, but I find that buy nearly all of their games, just because Madden/FIFA/NHL/SW.

Intrigued to see the attention given to BF2.

12. Lenea_Sandstrider

Lenea_Sandstrider Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    On the one hand, I'm annoyed that they couldn't resist jumping on the stupid battle royale bandwagon for BFV.

On the other, I bet they waited to reveal that until after talking up the campaign specifically to troll Activision for trashing Blops IIII's campaign. Which amuses me on a deep level.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    Life likes this.
  13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order?

Weird name.

Life likes this.
  14. DarkRula

Feb 3, 2015
    Think of it more like Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, and it makes a bit more sense.

heels1785 likes this.
  15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Anthem looks quite fun. Hate the scripted conversation in the presentation, but the gameplay looks sharp.

16. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I feel bad for C&C fans.

Point Given and heels1785 like this.
  17. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    C&C proper went where EA couldn't hurt it anymore a long time ago. This is more like a pigeon pooping on its tombstone.

18. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Yeah, it looks potentially quite good.

Also sounds like EA have learnt from their loot box fiascos of 2017.

19. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    The lesson: don't get caught.

Nobody145 and Jedi Ben like this.
  20. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    [face_laugh] True, but they're still under the microscope on this.

21. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    More than a little pissed that this will be the first year I miss the SONY presser in a long time.... Ugh.

22. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    'Star Wars :' Jedi ; Fallen - Order is my preferred method of typing the name.

Life likes this.
  23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Release date for Kingdom Hearts III has been announced as January 29, 2019.

Imagine we'll be seeing a good bit of it on Monday morning.

24. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Later than I was expecting, but not too bad. I bet they wanted to make it in time for the big 2018 holiday rush (especially after announcing it would be a 2018 title), but hopefully the final product will be stable. A few extra months is better than a broken game.

Aside from that, not much big news yet. A Star Wars game that isn't coming out until end of 2019 doesn't merit much interest. And still not interested in Anthem. Microsoft and Bethesda should be interesting. Well, Bethesda at least, unless Microsoft has some big (good) surprises.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  25. DarkRula

Feb 3, 2015
    Well it is said they have 15 world premieres and 'much much more' to show off. In an hour and a half, Microsoft could really have a great showing.