main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Gaming on a Sunday Afternoon: E3 2018

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by The2ndQuest , Jun 2, 2018.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Oh jeez I forgot the other upcoming 2018 game I'm excited for:

Stoked to fight the Great MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA and then immediately regret my actions.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    Jedi Ben likes this.
  2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Chipping away at the smaller conferences before the Nintendo Direct hits, starting with Ubi (probably won't be able to finish it until tonight after the day of Nintendo streams is over). Happy to see a BGE2 trailer that looks more like a BGE trailer rather than just a few minutes of a monkey cursing. And we got to see a glimpse of some game footage as well. The Space Monkey community program also seems like a cool way to involve fans (and, from a business POV, get free game content made for Ubi, lol).

But between Ubi's dancing panda parade, Sony's banjo player and Bethesda's Andrew W.K., one can only wonder what random musical performance Nintendo will have ;).

3. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Apparently they pay the people they pick, which is still a gross model, but a slightly less gross model than just free assets outright.

The new president comes out Doing the Mario, clearly.

Life and The2ndQuest like this.
  4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That's good, it did seem a bit weird that they were kinda pitching a"help make the game for us for free" type scenario for a moment there.

5. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    JGL apparently got out there quickly with a clarification because he didn't want to seem like a complete scab.

This mecha game is extremely my **** whatever it is.

Edit: Daemon X Machina, sure, why not?

Edit 2: And now Xenoblade, is this entire conference marketed to me? Are we going to get that all-important SMTV date?!

6. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    So I got burned out on Xenoblade 2 playing it non-stop from December to about February or March. But holy Nopon that story trailer! That will definitely be enough to bring me back to Alrest this September. :cool:

EDIT: And new music too!

Jedi Ben likes this.
  7. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Super Mario Party pulling very important "No, this was not designed for Ramza" duty here.

Life likes this.
  8. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    MY MAIN IS BACK IN SMASH

YOU GET A MAIN

AND YOU GET A MAIN

EVERYONE GETS THEIR OLD MAIN

Nobody145 and The2ndQuest like this.
  9. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Are all characters from previous iterations back?

10. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Literally yes. Meaning Snake is back; I'm set for life.

Life likes this.
  11. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    This Smash looks awesome. Well, they all are, but one looks particularly awesome. Ooh, Ultimate, good name. Yes, December 7!

12. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    SNAKE IS BACK!

Oh god now I know how Street Fighter fans felt when Third Strike got announced.

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Dedede cage match final smash.
    Protoman added to Mega's final.
    Bomberman assist.
    Squid sisters assist, LOL.
    RIDLEY PLAYABLE.

Oh, this means we're getting a Snake amiibo, right? :D

EDIT- Holy crap, the "sweet spot" tail whip attack by Ridley does 60% damage [in 1-on-1 damage settings], crikey...

14. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    You'll be able to immediately identify which of your friends is a mean-spirited troll Smash player based on their having a Snake out of the box. :p

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Or my fellow posters here, apparently. ;)

16. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Look, I'm just saying, delayed mines are back and they're getting used on ledges.

The2ndQuest and Life like this.
  17. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    That's an insane number of characters. Time to dig out my old Amiibos. I guess all the amiibos will be back in print (and sell out quickly). I wonder if they'll be able to include Megaman 11 stuff (the release date will be close, but might be possible).

18. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    All SSBU needs is a story mode, and it'll be a must-buy for me.

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm crossing my fingers for a surprise story mode announcement in a fall Smash Direct or something.

EDIT- Also, with GCN controller support, that officially puts that controller's reign at 17 years and 4 console generations.

Of course, my original (launch day) GCN controller's analog stick has finally been worn loose after Smash 4, but I still have spares, at least.

Life and Rew like this.
  20. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    Its already a must-buy for me, but I wish they would include a story mode again. That was one of my favorite parts of the Wii version, it was like having all those Nintendo crossover fanfiction made official. I wonder how long until they announce a bundle including a new Gamecube controller (and adapter). Its incredible how long that controller design has lasted.

And ooh, now Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu. Huh, a combination of generation one and Pokemon Go. The nostalgia from seeing 3D Viridian Forest.

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Daemon X Machina (or, as I will refer to it from now on: "Anime Robots Frack Stuff Up") was an interesting opening. I forget if there was a release date but hopefully that will hit within a year. Feels like a March release. Has talent behind it who have worked on Armored Core, Fire Emblem and Macross.

Oh, and then there's Fire Emblem: Three Houses. I've never played any previous console FE games but it looks to mix aspects of recent games- traditional gameplay, the area exploration that Echoes had and army battles like FEWA.

EDIT- Other games getting trailers released outside of the Direct and Treehouse: SNK Heroines Tag Team Fenzy is hitting Switch (but also PS4). Dragonball FighterZ is also hitting the platform.

However, that video intro at least properly conveys how serious a normal Mario Party match is treated by those who do play it. :cool:

22. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I think they've figured out the FE formula enough that this should be a good game, similar to the handheld triumphs. They have convinced me we'll never get a Radiant Dawn-level **** up again.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    On a non-specific game note, it's also interesting that the Super Mario Party trailer showed off two Switches connecting as a singular game board- but one that can apparently tell how the systems are oriented to one another/how their screens align.

24. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    It's a cool feature I'm expecting no one to utilize outside of the obligatory one Nintendo title that does it terrifically.

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    You're probably not wrong (though I wouldn't be surprised to see Ubi use it in a game somehow). But I think it really comes down to how far the Switch approaches the "a Switch for everyone, nit just one per household" goal Nintendo is aiming for. The more Switches sold, the more likely a game will take advantage of multi-Switch modes.

EDIT- David Hayter is confirmed to be voicing Snake in Smash. Also, Nintendo's booth has a bunch of props on display:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rew and Nobody145 like this.