main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC [Gaming] Rebel Base SW Minis Tourney, Sat, Dec 20th at 1pm

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jada, Nov 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Sanctioned Star Wars Tournament / D& D Miniatures events!

Rebel Base Comics & Toys has set the date for their next Star Wars Miniatures Tournament.

Come by the shop Saturday December 20th to participate in a 150 Pt Constructed tournament.
    Sanctioned events start at 1:00pm

We're also expanding into Dungeon and Dragons Miniatures so we've got a
    tournament scheduled for Friday November 28th at 2:30pm so come check that out
    as well!

Rebel Base Comics & Toys
    701-C S.
    Sharon Amity
    Charlotte NC 28211

2. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    that's cool you guys will be there for that event. I'll try and make it. Games can go long, but it's fun.

3. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I might send Luis to the event but I'll be home cleaning. A wench's work is never done. :p

4. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003
    Oh, haha...too bad. There is another event on the 27th at Underground Games. The rules for the game is to build a 300 point team using only 2 Rares or Very Rares in your squad. There is no cost to play this event. Should be alot of fun with some neat peasant squads. I'm thinking of running almost all tusken raiders just for fun. ;)

5. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    Hey Jonathan, let me know if you are going to this I'd like to play against you.

6. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003
    hey, yeah i'll let you know by friday if i'm going to be able to go. Depends on if I have to go car shopping on saturday.... yeah... my car is on its' deathbed.

7. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Ha! That makes my car like a zombie! [face_skull]

8. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003

[face_laugh]

Alright, I'll be there this saturday. I've got a party to go to at 6 so I'll have to leave by at least 5. But i'll be there. So, hopefully we'll be paired up. ;)

9. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Oh man, you just made Luis's day. ;)

10. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    Johnathan, what was that web site again for building your armies? I tried bluemilk.com and that did not work. Thanks...

11. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003
    hey luis,

yeah they spelled it differently ... bloomilk

12. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Everybody has to be different. [face_laugh] ;)

Sorry I didn't get to see you Jonathan but Luis and the sithling came home very excited about what they learned . . . and were also very excited to tell me that I'd been playing wrong. [face_laugh] :eek:

13. RipRoar

RipRoar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    Sounds like you guys have a blast playing SW mini's! I have like 300 older ones from a couple years ago my son plays with just for fun. If there are any gamers out there in the CFF that are interested in D&D or always wanted to try it out - there is a role playing version one day event posted on our boards (Salisbury Fan Force). Free and open to 6 more people on Saturday the 3rd of January at Monstore comics.

This in no way is to take away from Rebel base and their fine events they are putting on - only a way to introduce D&D to the masses.

14. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I'm barely getting the hang of SW minis! To add D&D would be too much for my brain. 8-}

15. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003
    hey all, I'm going to be in and out of town the next few months so hopefully i'll be able to play in at least one tournament a month. But in the meantime, a buddy and I have decided to create a site devoted to sw minis here in the charlotte area. This is still in the very beginning stages, so bear with us as we try and make it better. But you can check it out here. queencitygamers

Any questions, comments, love it, hate it... just hit me up on here. ;)

16. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Looks great Jonathan!

The sithling beat Luis the other day. [face_laugh]

17. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003
    Awesome!!

We've been working on the website a good bit, perhaps small bios of all the local players and we may keep records as well. I'll keep it updated also with event information. And suggestions feel free.

18. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Now I really need to dig out what few I had and see what I can do. Got myself a mission for monday..my free and clear day off this week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.