Pittsburgh, PA Gaming Tourny Trophy

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jedi_1966, Jan 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ben_ethus Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

The only other thing I got is that it should probably say "Current SWAP Gaming Champion of the World" somewhere near the bottom of the trophy, I guess... maybe on the base?

That's the official title that the trophy bestows upon it's holder. You know you want it. [face_mischief]

Oh, okay, I lied... one more thing. I'd like to extend a very hearty thanks to Jedi_1966 for volunteering to fashion our "One Trophy" for us. I'm sure it will look exceedingly awesome, as does everything that I've ever seen him create.

So, Tony, my hat is off to you. Thanky kindly.

Off to read,
    Yours Truly
  2. JediDaveFromDaBurgh Jedi Youngling

star 1
    It will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.

And display it proudly, I will! Upon my monitor at work and / or home!

Hmmm... what will I do with it. I'll take it to the beach and get my picture taken with it. I'll be the envy of everyone who sees me with it!
  3. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I think you are confused. That is going to be my trophy. [face_devil]
  4. Noble_Kale Jedi Youngling

star 2
    No, no, no. You all are confused. It will be MINE! All mine!! mY pRECIOUS!!! hAH, hAH, hAH......
  5. Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    ok NK = u r REALLY starting to make me wonder ~ prEcIous :D = someone's been watching too much SP :D
  6. JediDaveFromDaBurgh Jedi Youngling

star 1
    We shall see...

I guess it's never too early to talk smack, but considering I don't really know any of you, and in return you don't really know me, I don't want to give anyone the wrong impression or offend anyone, so I'll be nice... for now... [face_devil]

With that out of the way, the underdog JediDave will crush all opponents and be victorious (just not at spelling, though ;) )
  7. jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Okeday,Mesa workin on it.Justa one inky dinky ting...not sure about puttin on a listing plaque for winners & dates as it would become quite sizable. Without the names and dates plaque does this still sound o.k.?
  8. Shewski Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yeah- I like the idea of doing it better w/o engraving names on it, anyways!
  9. JediDaveFromDaBurgh Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Could it be like the Stanley Cup, where as there are rings that get added to it after there is no more room to write the winner on it?

It doesn't have to be engraved, just written on with a permant marker.

Maybe something cheesy like one of those little spiral note pads stuck on it.

I'm just throwin' out ideas...
  10. jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yeah, cheesy is okay. (as long as it's not Cheddar, it upsets my stomach, he he) Not everything has to be a masterpiece. If we do want something nice but not engraved, I can design something nice to print out and have it affixed to th trophy. This can be updated every month and a new listing affixed.
  11. Noble_Kale Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Oh yeah, the cheesier the better. :D

Definatly need to include the names of the past winners. I like the Stanley Cup idea. Like Sal said, it doesn't need to be fancy or pretty just practical and functional.

That's my 2 credit's worth.
  12. jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Add names-3

No names-1

Anyone else?
    Remember,what ya ask fer,is what ya get...
  13. Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Master

star 4
    Just make about 5 name plates with my name on it. That way, we won't have to go through the extra trouble every time I win!
  14. jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Hey Star Warriors ,Got a new VERY workable design goin' and it's gonna look sweet,and with enough name plates that if yinz are gonna game once a month,then it'll hold enough names for up to 33 months....yes 33!Can't wait for you all to see this.

15. JediDaveFromDaBurgh Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Cool! But, sorry to dissapoint you Fluke (or anyone else), that'll be my name on all the name plates. :D

*** I, too, have never played, and just like to talk smack. But ya never know. I could be "The Chosen One" of the SWAP tourny! ***

[face_devil]
  16. Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    **or I could just stand around handing everyone their butts :) so NK don't start feeling too special :D
  17. ben_ethus Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

I, for one, can't wait to see this crazy thing. On the bonus side, once I win it, I'll be able to see it all the time, as it rests in its place of honor in my swingin' pad.

That'll be sweet.

I'll be sure to take a picture of it, and post it, so that everyone else can try to bask in its warming glow of excellence, even though the impact of its power will be significantly diluted due to the dampening effects of photographic technology. Unfortunately, this is the price you guys are forced to pay for my inherent awesomeness.

C'est la vie.

Suckers,
    Yours Truly

8-}

P.S. Tony, are you planning to attend and bring the trophy, or will you just give it to someone to bring? Not sure how that was gonna work...?
  18. jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Well uh....actually I was thinkin'o keepin it here so that it would be able to bask my living room in the warmth of its glow.

No really,it'll be done by Feb meeting,to which I shall bring it for all to SEE...
    and then it will return with me until the Tourney,which Mrs.'66 & I will be attending to award the winner of the Tourney with OUR trophy.

....werks fer you,hmmm?
  19. Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    What the Mr. means is = if ya want it = come and get it...............okay - try to come and get it........ Are you feeling lucky, punk :D
  20. ben_ethus Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

66's... sounds good. Unfortunately, I may not be able to hit up the February meeting, but I'll be able to wait to see the trophy on game day, though, I must admit that I'm rather curious to see what it looks like.

Looking forward to laying a beat-down on everyone at the tourney,
    Yours Truly
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.