main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Sep 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey all, I need to know how many people here are interested in SW gaming this semester. I've been talking to the 'President' of the Gamer's Guild and the owner of Odyssey Collectables, so here's what we have.

Star Wars TCG
    Star Wars CCG
    Star Wars RPG
    Possibly online gaming with Jedi Academy, Knights of the Old Republic, or X-Wing Alliance.

So if you are interested in any of these, please post here what you would want to play and if we get enough support we could put something together. Tell your friends! :D

2. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I'm all for TCG and I wouldn't mind trying out my new CCG deck now and again.

As fun as the RPG sounds, I know for sure I don't have the time to get into that. I'll be lucky if I can schedule in a few card games here and there. :(

3. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    Where would the online gaming be? My home computer can't handle anything more than Solitaire.
  4. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Hmmmmm, I was thinking just home PC's, maybe have a LAN party on the Flight Deck. I doubt we can install games on the school PC's. It was be great to be able to use one of the Lehman labs.

5. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Yeah- I'm almost positive that you'd get shot down big-time with that idea. It's a nice thought, though.

6. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey all, I got the form today to host a TCG tourny. All we need is 8 people and I can go talk to the guy at Odessey about using his store. Lemme know if/when you'd be interested. I warn you, I am pretty booked this semester. Maybe having it at one of the GG meetings would be cool? (Everson, I know you're registered, so post!) So if you or anyone you know is interested, post here.

7. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    I would be interested, although my schedule is also rather packed. Saturdays or Sundays perhaps?

8. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Saturdays have now become ERFSEDS days for me, but Saturday nights should still work out. And Sunday's before two are good as well.

9. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    I'm game. But my schedule looks horrible.
    *peaks at it from under blanket*
    AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!
    *runs away screaming*

10. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttt!!! Come baaaaaaaack!!!

I have tons of TCG starter boxes laying around if you want to get into that, assuming you aren't already :)

oooooo, and I found out today that Rebel Strike will have the full Rogue Leader game in CoOp!!! *rubs hands together* so who wants to go flying?? :D

11. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey Cat, we need another player for our SW:RPG campaign if you're interested. We play Friday nights at 10 in the study room by the third floor Oconner elevators. :)

12. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    Sure. Not really sure how to play, but I'm a fast learner. Let me know when the next one is.

13. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Awesome! I don't think we're playing this Friday because of homecoming and all, but I'll talk to bobafett316 tomrrow about getting you a character. You'll probably have to sit down with either him or me (we're the only two with books) and get your character worked out. It's not that hard, and it's really fun! Right now we're running from Vader with Han and Chewie :)

14. BIGGIE

BIGGIE Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2003
    and u must understand wookie or i am ******!

15. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Ok dude, watch the lanquage. This is a Jawa friendly forum.

But I'll make sure she can speak wookie. Everytime you lift your arm to point and grunt Chido passes out.

16. BIGGIE

BIGGIE Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2003
    he does, doesn't he

17. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Yes, but Chido is often passed out. A combination of the low body mass and ample time spent at the cantina, me thinks. And let's not forget that one time he woke up with a wokkie on top of him... [face_plain]

18. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    Do I want to know?
    Probably not.

19. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    No, but you'll find out :D

20. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    So cat, up for playing Friday night? We still need to get you a character :)

21. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    Sure. I'll be in the ERRSA office on Wed. from 5:30-7 if you want to stop by.

22. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Hmmm, I don't know. The ERRSA Nazis aren't going to sacrifice me to the ERRSA pony will they?

I've got buttloads of homework coming up before next week (I'm flying out to Houston for a conference with the American Astronautic Society so I don't know if I'll even be able to make the meeting Saturday) but I could probably use a study break around that time :)

23. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    Sounds cool. And we will not sacrifice you to the pony. He only likes Buffy fans. :D

24. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    What the frell is wrong with Buffy?! Well, the first 3 seasons anyway...

I'll stop by sometime that night. I may be having dinner with the United Space Alliance, so who knows :D :D :D

25. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey all, I've been contacted by a TCG group in Orlando about us coming down to play some time. I told him we were all pretty busy, but maybe next semester we could set up Saturday's or something. Here's the e-mail:

We all get together often. We have about 7 players. We are working on getting our tournaments santioned so we can gt the promo cards. I will add you to my contact list, always put out a schedulethe dates we are going to play maybe you guys could come out and play if you had enough notice. Talk to ya soon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.