main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~ Ganner to the Rescue ~ before NJO, banter, humour, One Shot

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MsLanna, Mar 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Title: Ganner to the Rescue
    Author: MsLanna
    Timeframe: Before NJO
    Characters: Ganner, OC Irina
    Genre: Humour
    Keywords: banter
    Notes: One Shot

Ganner to the Rescue

"Ganner Ryhsode, you are impossible!" Irina crossed her arms over her chest and shook her head. "Where did you put your brain before acting?"

"I don't know, still haven't found it again," the Jedi grinned.

The young woman was about to smack him one, but considering his abilities, she thought better of it. It was just too annoying. "Well, get your broom then, and clean up the mess," she snapped instead.

"Why?" Ganner looked surprised. "It's not my fault."

"Not your fault?" Irina almost shouted. "What the friggin Sith about this has not been your fault, Jedi?"

"I didn't start the shooting," he raised his hands defensively. "I was only helping."

"Yeah, helping to calm down a heated argument with wise words like 'who cares anyway?'." She rolled her eyes. "Your mediation skills can't be found on a negative scale, not even with a lot of good will."

"I did end the argument," Ganner objected.

"Yes, with both parties lying dead on the ground." She poked the nearest body with her boot.

"Oh, now you get picky, Ms. Morals. I did not hear you complain while there was a blaster pointed at you."

"How could I? He had the other hand over my mouth."

"And you bit him bad. He'd have died of rabies, I'm sure."

Irina's eyes began to gleam angrily, their grey colour turning almost silver. "Sure, and the others would have caught it by looking at him, so you really did them a favour by putting them out of their misery before it even started."

"They were shooting at me," Ganner raised his hands.

"You had the saber ignited and were looking less than friendly," she shot back. And ending a sentence in 'or you will all die' was a bad idea, too."

"As a Jedi, I'm bound to tell the truth," the young Jedi shook his head. "And it was looking bad for them."

"I only wanted to get paid," Irina snapped.

"Maybe you shouldn't have argued about the currency then?"

Throwing her hands up she let out an irritated sigh. "Those were Imperial credits, not worth anything where I trade, Ganner. Am I to ruin myself now?"

"No, that is still my job," his blue eyes sparkled.

"And you're doing it so very well," Irina snapped and pushed her blonde hair back behind her ears. "You could just have convinced him that he wants to pay me in Republic credits."

"They were already too agitated for that, Iri, you should have called on me sooner."

"And blow your cover? You're crazy, Ganner." She shook her head vehemently, her hair whipping through the air. "You're helping a smuggler here, and that's not the job of an upstanding citizen, that's helping the enemy."

"Hey, you should be happy I am aiding and abetting the enemy." Ganner, crossed his arms, looking hurt. "Otherwise, you'd be dead several times over already." The smug grin returned to his face.

Her hand lashed out, and as he caught it with a smug grin, her boot connected hard with his shin. Irina grinned satisfied. "I'm not a damsel in distress, or I wouldn't if it wasn't for you. Who's idea was this whole job, huh?"

"I just said it might yield useful information for the Republic," Ganner objected.

"And indicated what it might be worth in credits." Irina shoved an Imperial credit chip under the Jedi's nose. "Somehow you forgot to mention you were talking this kind of junk, huh?"

"Republic operatives don't normally pay in Imperial credits. How am I to know?"

"Use that handy power of yours, maybe?" Irina snapped.

"The Force is not to be used lightly."

"Oh, so you don't use it to see the future, and not to influence minds; but you do use it to mow down ten men once your lack of other intervention makes them shoot at you," the young woman mused.

"I just wanted to help you get your money," Ganner interjected.

"I didn't want that money, I wanted real money," she retorted. "And it would have bee

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    There was a soft 'oof' as Irina rammed her elbow into his abdomen. "Don't think I won't get back at you," she scolded playfully. "I know your weakness."

"You'd better," he said as the doors swung shut behind them. "It'd be pretty awkward if you didn't know yourself."

[face_laugh] =D=

3. Cem_Fel

Cem_Fel Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2006
    [face_laugh]
    *wipes away laughing tears*

It was great, I loved the banter between Iri and Ganner and that Iri made Ganner suffer, at least a bit [face_mischief] Very well, he was a bit too overcnfident :p
    But a lot like Ganner before the NJO nevertheless :)

I loved the Story =D=

4. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    "No, that is still my job," his blue eyes sparkled.

Great banter through and through but that just made me LOL [face_laugh]

5. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    The Economic Downturn hits the Star Wars galaxy:p Bah, I'll take the Imperial credits, Lanna. Stupid GA economy:oops:

6. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    *snickers* Irina is funny. You should write more about her and Ganner. [face_mischief]

And Ganner...[face_love]

You get a kiss for writing Ganner. :*

I thoroughly enjoyed this little Vig. Great job. =D=

[face_laugh][face_laugh] 'tis funny. :p

7. Corellian_Ale

Corellian_Ale Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 3, 2008
    Haha! Is funny because it is true!

Awesome viggie Lanna, I agree, you should write more of these two! :D

8. CloneCaptainRex

CloneCaptainRex Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2008
    You did take 'em both! Very nice.

9. MJBegg007

MJBegg007 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 8, 2009
    Awesome. Who doesn't love a story about Ganner (except for Traitor:rolleyes: . It still annoys me that they killed him off!)

=D=

10. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Vadey - Thanks for reading. Here's hoping it was at least half as much fun as writing it.[face_laugh]

Cem - Happy? Good. *phew*
    It wouldn't be fun if she had no way at all to exact at least some revenge on him, would it?[face_mischief]

TKeira_Lea - Thanks.:D I love banter but often I am scared to write it. Glad you like it.

Rob - :p I will send Ganner your way then. Should eb fun to watch him trying to give you Republic credits when you want Imperial ones.[face_laugh]

Ce - No. I don't intend to write anything about any Ganner again. Except in my crossover. But feel free to take Iri and make his life miserable.:p
    Ew! *wipes away slobber* No kisses, please. I am not socail enough for those.[face_not_talking]

Ale - No again. :p I'm a clogged down with too much writing already. Maybe when i need a laugh again, one day. Seems you were right, though, and I do write banter.[face_laugh]

Rexi - You confuse me. :confused: Actually, I didn't really take either ot them.;)

MJBegg007 - Glad you like the story. :D To be honest, I don't know the first thing about Ganner, so I'm happy he came a cross well.

11. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I enjoyed this, especially the witty dialogue.

"Yeah, helping to calm down a heated argument with wise words like 'who cares anyway?'."
    [sighs] Ganner is such a . . . man ;)

I like how Irina was one up on him all the way - just like it should be. And he sure needs a good smackdown every now and again - no, I lie, he needs it all the time. :D

Thanks for the giggle. :)

12. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Thank you Tahi. :D
    If Ganner wasn't, he wouldn't be the Ganner we love?:confused:
    Getting a good smackdown by a great woman can do nothing but good to him.;) Otherwise the Force knows what his ego might make him do... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.