main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Gar Saxon

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheSilentInfluence, Oct 30, 2016.

1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Welcome to the official Gar Saxon thread, where we talk about him and his part in Rebels.

So anyone else hoping for a mention of his time with Maul?

2. MandaloreRex2015

MandaloreRex2015 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2015
    I think that goes without saying.

In all seriousness though, I really hope we get some more Siege of Mandalore references from Saxon in this episode, since, as one of Maul's lieutenants (and one of the only named Deathwatch members that aren't Vizsla and Bo-Katan), he'd have most likely been present for that battle.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  3. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014

Yes! That would be perfect. I'd also love a Rook Kast mention as well.

4. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    If Saxon is indeed Viceroy of Mandalore, that in a way makes him Mand'alore of Mandalore. Right?

Master_Rebado and La Calavera like this.
  5. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Technically yes. But he's more of an Imperial puppet then anything else. They let him lead, but he has to do as ordered by the Empire.

So in the Mandalorian sense, he's not Manda'lor. Because he's not following Mandalore itself but the Empire.

6. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Viceroy as a title still means he's technically subservient to someone, most likely the Emperor, and I think the dependence of that title on another's authority may disqualify him from being a true Mandalore. The title Mand'alore was made part of canon from a reference in the Clone Wars Season Two DVD to Pre Viszla, who came off as a nationalist against any outside authority. Saxon even seems to outright state in one of the clips that he serves the Empire, so his autonomy is ultimately limited compared to a true Mandalore.

I do think it's interesting how the Mandalorians seem to have a history of using titles with both noble and military backgrounds. Satine was a Duchess from a major House, and the Latin word dux initially meant military leader. Maul was referred to as Lord Maul, which might hint at the old idea that Mand'alore in Basic was called the Lord Mandalore like in the old continuity, and now we have Viceroy Saxon.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  7. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Guess when the Protector's stopped returning the Imperial phone calls they wanted their money back and sent in Saxon and his Imperial Super Commandos.

CoolyFett, Vialco and Master_Rebado like this.
  8. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I'm always super, super thrilled whenever the Mandos come a-callin' in a story (I want a Mando film!) and Saxon has interested me from the start. So yeah, I'm quite pleased with this development. :)

As has been mentioned, having even a little more about the Siege of Mandalore revealed to us is a very intriguing possibility. To me, that's at least as exciting of a prospect as learning more of Sabine's backstory (which is a subject I'm curious about, to be sure, if not quite as much as much as I am about the wider Mandalorian landscape, post-Clone War).

As an aside, here's hoping Saxon sticks around long enough/makes a big enough impression in Rebels to warrant a figure release by Hasbro. It would be nice to have one to place beside my little custom job from a few years back.

[​IMG]

whostheBossk, Vorax and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  9. Sixes

Sixes Jedi Master star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    With Gar’s inclusion into the show, Dave hinting that we will return to Mandalore I think we’ll see Ezra and Mauls storyline becoming more intertwined with Sabine’s.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Makes you wonder what they did to Almec.

11. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The Darksaber is little more than a trophy of clan Vizla's since it was stolen from the Jedi Temple(the history of the weapon is basically a complete mystery otherwise) and to Pre himself so does Maul view the weapon as a trophy himself too? Does he want it back or cares not?!

Mand'alore is a title still only mentioned in the Season Two TCW featurette. Almec was a Prime Minister, maybe he's alive or dead who knows. But its not likely they'd follow a non-warrior in such a capacity and nobody ever defeated Maul for the Darksaber. Maul challenge was direct and personal, and it had more to do with Maul defeating and slaying Pre than it did simply just snatching the sword. If nobody beat Maul in a fair fight for the sword or simply to become the one leader(which is the tittle refers to its like Fuhrer), or if Maul just left as apparently he eventually did . Its simply likely the Darksaber was stolen or abandoned , but who knows yet. The sword would be up for grabs like Uther just leaving Excalibur the sword in the stone. But if nobody has claimed or its something some want to claim but can't find it or its become meaningless through the years as a symbol - then likely someone like Sabine would try to restore Mandalorians like Vizsla attempted in his war against the New Mandalorians, not its a battle against Imperial Mandalorians . But the Darksaber has more to do directly to Vizla's family and to Death Watch in particular who do not seem ever become a major force again and Rau is not friendly towards Death Watch and Sabine seems indifferent thus far, like she's too good to be associated with them and she showed no signs of loyalty towards Maul but did give a begrudgingly recognition of his proclamation in front of the The Ghost crew to Zeb but otherwise it does not appear she had any clue as to who she was dealing with.

12. Zillobeast

Zillobeast Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 6, 2016
    Love how events the comics are gaining more recognition in Rebels!

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Okay we can surmise his age at about 54-60

14. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    This guy's voice is exactly how I imagined it from reading Son of Dathomir.

jakobitis89 and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  15. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Almec is politician not warrior- maybe he still works as prime minister to Saxon or imperial minister or something. Would be nice to see him as imperial moff also but seeing him armor as "warrior king" would be just weird anyways.

16. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    Saxon definitely seems to be running the place so if Almec is still around he's probably a figurehead of some kind with our man Gar doing the actual ruling (in the Imperial name of course.) Pre Viszla was actually one of my favourite recurring baddies from TCW and I hope Saxon gets to step up and kick some butt as whilst in the circumstances Sabine beating him made sense (broken jetpack and using her agility) for this dude to be even a pseudo-Mand'alore he needs a bit of combat cred.

All the talk of Sabine's mother did make me briefly wonder/fear if he was about to pull a Vader Paternity Reveal on Sabine but fortunately I was as wrong as could be.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I would not care as long as her mother is Rook.

18. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    I assumed Rook Kast and Gar Saxon to be a couple. When Sabine is their offspring and one of them is from the Vizsla-Clan she may have a good reason to fight Maul as well. Sabine may not have acknowledged the bond between Maul and Mandalore at all, which may have been cut off thoroughly by the pressure of the invading Empire, I guess.

19. Sarlacc of Carkoon

Sarlacc of Carkoon Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 21, 2015
    Is revisiting this thread worth it after TCW S7 guys?

20. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
  21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Heh, this didn't age well.

22. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    There's a lot in this thread that's fun to look back at now

23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Almec is now a mutch better character for me as might once been a true Mandalorian, put onnce Satine came to power he followed he ideals to remain in power and screw anyone who stood in his way. His words towards Jango being somelow bounty hunter has more weight.

Also Gar Zaxon looks like some bond villain and has great armor reminds me of old republic mandalorian armor. Rook Kast looks nice and i hope it's revealed Sabine was adopted and Kanst was her mother.

24. CommanderWolffe

CommanderWolffe Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2020
    [​IMG] Gar Saxon TCWS7

25. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014