main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Garage Sale 2014

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by FanForced, May 20, 2013.

1. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    The temperature is rising so you know what that means...it's garage sale time! We've got a carload of good items left over from a garage sale we manned this last weekend.

But we're going to need lots more stuff.

Please make a pile of treasures and get it to DWRD or FF. You can drop off items at any time or bring them to events and do a hand off in the parking lot. Please PM me if you need the address.

Last year we raised lots o' dinero. Last do it again!

catz44 and DieWompRatDie like this.
  2. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    When were you thinking of doing it?

3. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    In the summer time...

4. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    So helpful ;p

5. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    We are doing some major cleaning this weekend, well Monday. Hope to find some treasures for the sale.

FanForced likes this.
  6. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    After the July meeting, so people have opportunities to bring their stuff to several events. And on a Saturday. Probably August 3.

catz44 likes this.
  7. jedijaysin

jedijaysin Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 15, 2011
    I will probably have a box or two of some garage sale stuff to donate by then as well.

8. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    That's what I'm talking about! a big thank you :)

9. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    Don't forget to bring your trash and treasures to the June meeting and July meeting!

10. jedijaysin

Jan 15, 2011
    Is there an actual date for the garage sale yet? My wife and I (and Cory,)would love to help this year?If needed?

11. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    We're looking at August 3rd. A one day sale.
    Help would be much appreciated...from anyone who can stop by! We had great success last year with everybody who came by with stuff and was able to help staff the sale.

12. jedijaysin

Jan 15, 2011
    I have another box or two, I'll bring to the BBQ at jawajaka's

13. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    I gathered up quite a bit of stuff yesterday. Won't be able to help on Aug 3rd as that's the Umbrella Corp BBQ, but you can have some of my junk.

14. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    We have received stuff from jedijaysin and catz44. Thanks for their donations and if you have some you'd like to donate to raise funds for the RMFF treasury, please bring them to the July bbq. Thanks!

nnaydolem, catz44 and FanForced like this.
  15. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    I dropped mine at the Siths'. It's looking like I'm not going to make the BBQ, and I don't know when I'll get up north again.

16. jedijaysin

Jan 15, 2011
    I might have another box or two soon, I need to go through my mom's basement next week...

17. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    We didn't get anything from the Siths at the BBQ. SITH__CHICK, will you or darth_hair be at the garage sale next Saturday? Thanks!

18. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Big thanks to Nikki (our Denver Comic Con contact) for donating a dining and coffee table set to the garage sale! It made the trek from Centennial up to Arvada last night.

Any donations can be given to us this weekend or brought the day of. We'll be starting early, but help in running the garage sale and additional donations (no TVs...) are welcome. Who can come help with pricing and running the thing on Saturday, August 3rd?

catz44, will Abagail have a side business again this year?

19. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    This weekend! Who will be there?

20. jedijaysin

Jan 15, 2011
    What time is everything starting? What time do you want us there(Jason,Cory&Sandy)

21. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    This week is already more than a struggle for me so I am a meh for the yard sale.

22. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    Wish I could, but too much going on for me this weekend (Quilt Shop Hop, Umbrella Corp BBQ, running up to Boulder for an awesome Pottery Barn R2 backup I found on craigslist). Hope everything sells and we make lots of money.

23. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    We have a wedding to go to that day but it's later in the day. We will be there early, so what time does it start? We will help set up and bring the stuff we've gathered from other people and our junk, uhm, stuff.
    I know it's late but are we planning of doing a bake sale kind of thing? Forecast looks like rain, but they will change their mind 4 times before Sat.

24. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Start time will be 8 am. We plan to finish and close up shop by 3.

We'd be happy to have a bake sale...if you're bringing food. We'll be busy dragging the stuff out, separating it into general sections, pricing items, making signs, making directional/advertising signs, getting change, running the sale...etc. Whew!

Thanks for offering assistance, jedijaysin and SITH__CHICK...we're gonna need it.

25. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    We will be there but probably around 9. Abby and I will be baking for the cause :). Also I will pick up some water to sell.

FanForced likes this.