main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD Garth "Brett Favre" Maul's Retirement Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Is that what you thought?

That's so sweet.

Coric and Darth_Zandalor like this.
  2. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    [temporary cessation of hiatus]

Happy retirement, Garth! *falling balloons* I must have a gold watch here somewhere... I did not agree with all your moderating decisions but I appreciate you always honestly trying to be impartial and fair.

I hope to continue seeing you around, and don't ever stop twirling, twirling forward toward freedom!

P.S. Sports references are lame.

[/temporary cessation of hiatus]

QuangoFett, SithStarSlayer and Seerow like this.
  3. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Garth, you were one of the few good ones(and old) left around.

It's sad to see you go but I'm sure we'll still see you around here. I'm sure most of us will go over to the EP7 board regardless when information really starts pouring out.

4. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Sad to see that you have to go, Garth, but most things has to end at some point. Still, it's nice that you'll probably continue to stick around and good luck with your future choices.

5. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Garth Maul The LACWAC of old will be dead after you leave. No point in posting here anymore.

6. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    So long, Garth. Fare thee well!

7. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Garth Maul : Sorry to see you step down, but your reasons make sense. I thought you were a great mod, BTW. Glad to hear you'll still be around on the JC forums.

8. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Sorry to see you go, Garth! :( I can see what you mean when you say that LACWAC has changed. Back in 2009, mostly everyone was excited about the show. We were having serious discussions about the timeline, characters, etc. For the past few years, however, it has felt like we've been treating TCW as more or less a joke. Don't get me wrong, I love monkey lizards, LACWACiness, and all of the users! I just feel that lately there's been less of an emphasis on the show itself and more of an emphasis on making fun of it/complaining about it.

On a lighter note, I see a bright future for TCW! After the droid arc ([face_nail_biting]) we have Clovis, the Banking Clan, Mandalore and the Coruscant underworld to look forward to. It looks like we'll be returning to the style of storytelling that made the show so popular pre-Season 3. I've had my doubts about the show for a few years but I can honestly say that I'm optimistic about it's future. :)

9. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    Didn't the LACWAC of New start when Ahsoka became popular?

10. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I demand you edit your signature, you are not worthy of that expression.

11. Cary_the_Brave

Sep 5, 2012
    Your not worthy of anything I possess.

12. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    No, I am not worthy of this dead, rotting carcass that you refer to as "lacwac". You can have it.

Esg likes this.
  13. Cary_the_Brave

Sep 5, 2012
    If you're not fond of it, what the hell are you doing here then?

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  14. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I'm posting comments, same as everyone else. And just like everyone else, if you've got a problem with that, too bad.

Esg and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  15. Cary_the_Brave

Sep 5, 2012
    Never said I had a problem, did I? And just like everyone else, I have a quote, so if you've got a problem with that, too bad.

16. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Though I may be wrong, I believe that is a quote from a currently banned user, which I'm led to believe is not allowed here, judging by moderator comments. Just looking for some equality, here.

Regardless, I find stealing the essence of a certain group of users and presenting it as your own to be offensive and incredibly lame.

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I think it started with demands that no one dare criticize Ahsoka.

I'm trying to envision reaction on the Prequels forum if posts along the lines of "If you didn't like these films, don't say anything in this forum" were taken seriously.

I'll be the first to call people on a "your opinion sucks if it's not the same as mine" post but there's not much discussion happening if criticism is continually silenced.

At any rate, best of luck, Garth Maul, and enjoy just being a regular poster without having to put out fires.

18. Cary_the_Brave

Sep 5, 2012
    Who is this "banned user?"

19. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    You may not be aware of this, but asking someone "what the hell they're doing here" seems to suggest you have a problem.

20. Cary_the_Brave

Sep 5, 2012
    Are you gonna answer my previous question or are you suggesting more trouble?

21. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    Best of luck Garth. You were part of an ever shrinking pool of reasons why I kept posting here.

*You're [face_cow]

22. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Well, you've already established that the quote isn't yours.

I'm searching the forums right now, but it's not going to be an easy task.

Don't worry about any trouble, the history of this forum suggests that you will be allowed to continue to harass users whose opinions differ from yours without so much as a warning, while others will be banned for the same behavior. You'll also be allowed to continue referencing certain users while others will have their comments edited for doing the same. You're safe.

Darth_Zandalor likes this.
  23. Cary_the_Brave

Sep 5, 2012
    Good to hear.

24. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    We don't talk about banned users on the forum. IF you have a problem, please PM me. Lets keep this thread about telling Garth, "Happy Retirement."

AkashKedavra_93 and Valairy Scot like this.
  25. Cary_the_Brave

Sep 5, 2012
    Sorry, just playing with my food.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.