main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

GARTH's 10,000 Posts Outstanding Achievement (Field: Excellence) Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Hello all, thought I'd post this in LACWAC even though it's completely off-topic, because you're all near and dear to my heart.[face_love]

Finally got to 10,000 posts. It's been a long time for me, since the days of 2NS (that's AOTC non-spoiler forum for you newbies [face_laugh]), participating in and managing 3NS, and now ditto for the LACWAC forum in my 2nd "tour of duty".

Met a lot of great people on these boards, though I rarely talk to anyone outside of it. I also tend to post only in (formerly) the PT forum and LACWAC, and now the fantasy/SF:Books forum, and occasionally in Lit.

It's been a long time, since I was an undergrad student, then law school, now I'm married with 2 dogs and 2 cats. Star Wars has been there for my entire life, and I have to admit I suffered a kind of Star Wars withdrawal after ROTS came out.

I'm happy The Clone Wars has been generally a high quality program, and as I have often stated, I think the best episodes surpass the PT films in terms of quality.

Thanks for making this one of the easiest mod jobs in the entire JC - your passion for Star Wars is what keeps me here, and I know even when I accuse some of you for being too positive or too negative about things, I know it's the passion speaking.

I have less and less time as I get older, and I'm not going to pull a Brett Favre and retire and keep coming back. This is not a retirement thread, just a thread to say thank you to all my friends out there.

And obviously I want the attention. :p

2. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Might have only known who you were for about a year, but you are one of the best moderators I have encountered in my travels across the internet. This forum has become a sort of haven for me, and it is great to see that enthusiastic managers like yourself are willing to socialize with the rest of us.

3. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Garth, you're amazing. :p

4. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Hey, hey, Garth, I'mma really happy for you and I'mma let you finish! ...That all I gotta say!

Yes. I went there. It was either that or the Joker 'applauding' in prison. :p

Been a blast, Garth. Definitely one of the best managed boards I've seen, in no small part thanks to your effort and the the team's. Congrats on the post count!

5. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Hearty congratulations on the milestone, Garth!

It's always been a pleasure posting under your watch, and it's now a pleasure to work alongside you to try and make this forum the best it can be.

Here's to another 10,000 posts! (and let's hope half of those aren't spent discussing Ahsoka's fate)

6. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Yeah, great job indeed, and congrats!

I've been here since 3SA, but these days I only post in LACWAC.

7. mighty_mouse_droid

mighty_mouse_droid Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2010

You are amazing indeed. So, are you aiming for that 10 star grand prize, or was 10000 your goal?

8. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    I have 3.1% the posts you do. I feel so powerless.

:p Congratulations!

9. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Gongratulations and thank you. I have only been here for a year, but it already feels like home. Continue your good work, Garth.

10. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    I should have edited this into my post while I had the chance, having figured out a way to get a Simpsons reference in. :p

2ndQuest: Gry Sarth! Who is that carbon based ragamuffin in the LACWAC sector?
    Gry Sarth: That's GARTH_MAUL, sir. One of the moderators in charge of supervising the area. He's been with us for years. He helped keep the threads on topic and order in the boards. All the major events of the Clone Wars thus far have somehow involved him in the discussion chambers.
    2ndQuest: ...Hmm. Doesn't ring a bell.

11. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    [face_laugh]

Thanks guys. Much appreciated. There are people there with many, many, many more posts than me, but considering I only really posted in the PT and LACWAC forums, I'm proud of myself.

Not sure my wife is "proud" of me though [face_laugh]

12. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    [face_laugh]

Congrats on the milestone :)

13. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    I hope you stick around for another 10,000 and then you can start a 20,000 post thread.:p Seriously, you help make this forum a great place to post in by being one of the best mods around, congrats!

14. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    So... say you took an average of 1 minute per post. Then that would be... 166 2/3 hours. Or 6.95 days. So roughly a week.

So you spent a solid 1 week of your life, roughly more or less, answering posts.

That doesn't sound bad at all. 1 week? Pffft. Kids sweat through summer camp longer than that.

No congrats for you until you hit 525,949 posts. Then you would have spent a solid year posting, which will look much better on your resume.

15. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    1 minute per post? Must be a ton of really short posts. :p

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Congrats! You've been good hands to leave LACWAC with (well, you and your copilot).

Hey- what have you done to my ship?!

17. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Anyone heard of Bib Fortuna, Twi'lek? [face_batting]

18. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    You're his sock?

//bans GARTH for spamming :p

19. XJapanRoX

XJapanRoX Official Star Wars Artist star 2 VIP

Dec 5, 2004
    I'm relatively new to these neck of the woods, but I've always enjoyed your responses. Here's to 10k more!

20. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    So, who's next in line to the 10,000 posts achievement?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.