main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Well, I'd Rather Be Dead in Arizona Than Alive in Utah (NHL Discussion, Playoffs and Relocation)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Yodave27, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Jedi_MasterSkywalker

Jedi_MasterSkywalker Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 29, 2010
    All goals should be reviewed. I know it would lengthen the game but things like this should not happen in an age where instant video review is at their finger tips.

2. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    This. You've got to get it right.

3. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Lol...I can't help it my dad raised me to hate all sports things in Philly. It was bread into me.

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I understand. If I lived in Pennsyltucky and knew that the only legitimate Pennsylvania sports teams were 5 hours east, I would probably grow bitter, too.

And, I agree with the idea that all goals should be reviewed. If it adds 5 minutes to a game, I have no problem with that.

5. Nevermind

Nevermind Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 14, 2001
  6. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Although they avoided the obvious "choking" joke for the Sharks, the best they can do is a jab at Heatley? smh [face_not_talking]

7. Jedi_MasterSkywalker

Aug 29, 2010
    That was amusing, thank you.

8. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Uhhhh Sam Gagner had 8 points last night....

9. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    Very odd. The Hawks looked good against Van the night before.

Of course, the Canucks are so enervated right now, anyone would, I suppose.

10. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Owen Nolan signed a 1-day contract with San Jose and retired today. He was the first real Sharks star and led the team during it's earliest success in the late nineties. He's a huge fan favorite around these parts and owns a pub just a few miles away from my mom's house. I'm really happy to see him retire in teal and I know there will be a fan movement to retire #11. :p

My favorite moment is of course his called shot during the All Star Game in 97 in front of the hometown crowd in San Jose.

11. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    Good for him.

12. Jedi_MasterSkywalker

Aug 29, 2010
    Nolan was an excellent player and servicable when he was in Toronto, not so much in the playoffs. I just think the Maple Leafs gave up way to much to get him. Alyn McCauly, Brad Boyes, and a 1st round draft pick. Yet another bad trade. Ugh.

13. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    San Jose used that 1st round pick to draft Steve Bernier so the Leafs didn't miss much. :p

14. Jedi_MasterSkywalker

Aug 29, 2010
    Other than Brad Boyes I would agree with you. The Sharks traded that pick to Boston and they took Mark Stuart in 2003 at 21. San Jose with their pick at 16 took Bernier. Not to sound like a douche, just saying because I looked it up.

15. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Ah my bad. I knew the Sharks had two picks that year (the other was Milan Michalek with their own pick) and assumed that's where it came from.

16. Jedi_MasterSkywalker

Aug 29, 2010
    I am appreciating the help Sam Gagner is giving me in my pool. Another two goals last night.

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I am encouraged by the overwhelming excitement with which all of our regulars in here have been praising the Detroit/Leafs Winter Classic announcement. [face_laugh]

Detroit's determination to be seen as the most enthusiastic hockey locale never ceases to amaze. Sure, holding the game in a 125,000 capacity stadium that actually makes watching a football game difficult for people in the outer reaches of the stands sounds good in theory. Hope they have a stellar jumbotron.

18. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    I predict that Leafs fans will outnumber Wings fans by a least a 2-1 margin.

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I certainly hope so.

I can't wait for one of the countless mindless, drunken Detroit fans who is seated somewhere up in the 450,000 level... impossibly far from the rink... to attempt to throw an octopus carcass.

20. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    That would be a sight to see. I'm sure they'd have a bout in the stands after the octopus inevitably lands on a Toronto fan.

21. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    It's gonna be awesome especially if they do 24/7 again. I don't know if I'll be making the trip down....apparently most of the hotels are already booked for New Years. :p Plus the decent seats will be expensive and I don't really wanna watch a hockey game with binoculars.

22. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    It doesn't look like shinny; it looks like an indoor game outside.

23. Jedi_MasterSkywalker

Aug 29, 2010
    I am a Sharks fan tonight. The Maple Leafs need them to beat Washington and use up that game in hand they have.

24. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    You picked a good night! lol Sharks are now 16-1 against the Caps in their last 17 matchups against each other. Even though they are on opposite sides of the country, I'd like to see the next realignment attempt put them in the same division. :p

25. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000